We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 88
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    102

    Bullroarer Update 23.2 Preview #5 - Release Notes

    Bullroarer has been updated to build 2400.0060.8912.1872.

    Bullroarer will be available until Monday 11:00am EST (01/07). Time is subject to change!

    This update contains the new Anvil of Winterstith Raid, bug fixes and more! Please keep in mind that this update is still in development and this does not reflect the final state of the game. This list of changes is not meant to cover every change or issue in the game, but if you find something notable we omitted from the lists, please let me know and I will add it. Please post feedback for class updates and the raid to the appropriate threads and feel free to use this thread for feedback on everything else.

    Anvil of Winterstith Raid Feedback: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Raid-Feedback

    General:
    • More Raid tweaks, fixes, and balance.
    • Class trait points have been capped at 92 points for now. Points over the cap can be earned, but not spent. Note, you can currently only earn 91 class trait points, so there will be no visible change.
    • Specialization Cap-stone traits (traits in the 7th and highest tier of each specialization tree) now require you to be in that specialization and at least level 45 in order to spend points to gain those particular traits.
    • Skirmishes: Weekly Raid quests are once again completable.
    • Added a resize handle to the NPC interaction panel.
    • Added a vertical resize handle to the Quest Log
    • Moria: The quest chain known to many as The Secret of the Council has returned to Moria. Find the map somewhere within Moria's depths to begin...
    • NPCs in the Three-farrow Crafting Hall and Bree-town Vault no longer fall through their chairs.
    • Placement issue with water volume in Withered Heath resolved.
    • Brush cleared from the Barrow of Taradan's entrance.
    • Stair placement in Thikil-gundu's library adjusted to allow for normal passage.
    • Undiscovered Stable-master vendor icons are no longer culled by Dynamic Particle Rendering settings.

    Classes:
    • Beorning - Most Beorning melee skills now have 'hit' SFX.
    • Beorning - Grimbeorn's Spirit buff would stop working until relog/respec if the caster ever used it on themselves, as the buff was overwriting the effect that granted it. This has been fixed.
    • Lore-master - Legendary 'Brown Wizard' trait now grants a large general buff to summoned pets, rather than a +3 level mod - this mod stacks with all other pet buffs.
    Last edited by LordOfTheSquids; Jan 04 2019 at 02:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    984
    Are essences craftable?

    What's going to happen to Burglars?

    No real mentions on class balance?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    Bullroarer is being updated to build 2400.0060.8912.1872. The server should be up around 1:00pm EST.

    [*]Specialization Cap-stone traits (traits in the 7th and highest tier of each specialization tree) now require you to be in that specialization and at least level 45 in order to spend points to gain those particular traits.





    [*]Lore-master - Legendary 'Brown Wizard' trait now grants a large general buff to summoned pets, rather than a +3 level mod - this mod stacks with all other pet buffs.[/LIST]
    Noo! One of the most dps enhancing LM builds but still debuff capable is the yellow tree but blue capstone sic'm build, particular useful for boss fights. This will seriously handicap LM's in lengthy high morale boss fights

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post


    [LIST][*]More Raid tweaks, fixes, and balance.[*]Class trait points have been capped at 92 points for now. Points over the cap can be earned, but not spent. Note, you can currently only earn 91 class trait points, so there will be no visible change.
    well I and others were wondering how you would deal with classes receiving two capstones. It's unfortunate this is the case, since this is one of the more exciting things about gaining more trait points, figuring out new builds and testing. Oh well. It would have been nicer to add another tier to classes but that's too much work to balance and polish for a 10+ yo game.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    • Class trait points have been capped at 92 points for now. Points over the cap can be earned, but not spent. Note, you can currently only earn 91 class trait points, so there will be no visible change.
    • Specialization Cap-stone traits (traits in the 7th and highest tier of each specialization tree) now require you to be in that specialization and at least level 45 in order to spend points to gain those particular traits.
    Thank you, I have been hoping for these changes for a while now

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    Are essences craftable?

    What's going to happen to Burglars?

    No real mentions on class balance?
    +1

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...urgLivesMatter
    lil 'obbit of Evernight...

    Chaos Unbound, Paradox, Silent Paths, Ascension, Bonehunters, Legion of the Valar

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    150
    +2

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    • Class trait points have been capped at 92 points for now. Points over the cap can be earned, but not spent. Note, you can currently only earn 91 class trait points, so there will be no visible change.
    • Specialization Cap-stone traits (traits in the 7th and highest tier of each specialization tree) now require you to be in that specialization and at least level 45 in order to spend points to gain those particular traits.
    Thank You. Positive changes.

    To mirror the concerns of others - what's going on with crafted essences please?
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    291
    Still waiting for all the burgler class changes THAT NEVER HAPPEND!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    234
    You guys gonna open BR already? Its 8-9 pm for EU...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    [*]Specialization Cap-stone traits (traits in the 7th and highest tier of each specialization tree) now require you to be in that specialization and at least level 45 in order to spend points to gain those particular traits.
    Wow, that's very disappointing. I always prefer more customization. Was this a request from the monster players? If so, why not make that restriction in the moors only? I really don't like this roller coaster everytime we get a new dev team. The first likes less customization, then the new one likes more customization, then a new team comes in and doesn't like the customization, how long is this going to last? Tbh, the only thing I am opposed to about the customization is really the difficulty we have to get all the essences and class trait points, but if it wasn't for that, I would say "more customization all the way". I am not really a fan of every player having very similar builds, which occurs now so much more often with so many stats being so much harder to cap, and less essence slots and less class traits to spend points on. What this really does is make us all prioritize the stats that are clearly better and everyone being similar with very few diversity of builds. This is really sad for me. Not surprising so many players I've known over the years are gone. It seems the game doesn't have a clear set of goals, but instead changes its goals dramatically every time we have a new team. The promise we had back in 2013-2014 was more cutomization with the introduction of trait trees and essences. And that was the trend that everybody hoped for. The biggest complaints I remember you getting from that though was from creeps who felt freeps were too OP, but that can be solved with a moors-only solution. I think it's ok to change the direction you're going to a more feasible one, but going to the opposite direction of where you were going is just too much. What I've noticed over the years is that you guys have listened to the voices of a minority and it backfired on you. Like all the guys who thought scrolls of empowerment were too cheap and made you put the price really high and it backfired real bad on you since the grind was unbearable, only because you were listening to a few players who can afford to play 5 hours a day.
    I hope we get more options of customization and get workarounds in the moors to avoid freeps being OP. Other than that, customization is great for PvE, as it increases the quantity of solutions and methods to complete raids and t2c content.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    well I and others were wondering how you would deal with classes receiving two capstones. It's unfortunate this is the case, since this is one of the more exciting things about gaining more trait points, figuring out new builds and testing. Oh well. It would have been nicer to add another tier to classes but that's too much work to balance and polish for a 10+ yo game.
    Yep another level in the traitlines would be nice with an additonal, hopefully oldscool classpecific passive earned like " challenge of the darkness" for blue guards etc.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    • Specialization Cap-stone traits (traits in the 7th and highest tier of each specialization tree) now require you to be in that specialization and at least level 45 in order to spend points to gain those particular traits.


    That is just plain stupid. You are gonna force certain classes to spend several trait points on useless traits.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r11 Champion - r7 Captain - r6 Guardian - Phoenix Legion and Innocent raid alliance - Laurelin EN-RP

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Yep another level in the traitlines would be nice with an additonal, hopefully oldscool classpecific passive earned like " challenge of the darkness" for blue guards etc.
    That's already in the game.

    Old Challenge got fused with a half of Challenge the Darkness, increasing it's max target count.
    When you spec blue line and acquire Challenge the Darkness, you pretty have the old legendary trait that triggered Guardians Ward when used.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    291

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoFTW View Post
    [/LIST]

    That is just plain stupid. You are gonna force certain classes to spend several trait points on useless traits.
    Exactly

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    Bullroarer has been updated to build 2400.0060.8912.1872.


    General:
    • Specialization Cap-stone traits (traits in the 7th and highest tier of each specialization tree) now require you to be in that specialization and at least level 45 in order to spend points to gain those particular traits.
    Just revert this please.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    Are essences craftable?
    Crafted essences were in br1 way back. They required 15 resources, 1 solvent and 1 dwarrowgleam shard. Cord said they were removed in br2 because they were bugged, but they will release with the raid. In my opinion, they are keeping them off bullroarer so players cant hoard the resources required to make them and have 20+ new essences on day one.

    Edit: The essences are currently craftable on bullroarer.

    Edit 2: @SSG! - The Light Armour 376 teal gloves at the Dwarf Hold Quartermaster cost 100 Longbeard Marks while the Medium and Heavy Armour ones cost 250 Longbeard Marks.
    Last edited by WhiteWolf21x; Jan 04 2019 at 05:12 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    [*]Class trait points have been capped at 92 points for now. Points over the cap can be earned, but not spent. Note, you can currently only earn 91 class trait points, so there will be no visible change.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    [*]Specialization Cap-stone traits (traits in the 7th and highest tier of each specialization tree) now require you to be in that specialization and at least level 45 in order to spend points to gain those particular traits.
    This wouldn't be bad if there wasn't so many horrible traits in almost every tree. Warden is the perfect example, at least 50% of them are insignificant trash.
    Last edited by Elwha; Jan 05 2019 at 01:16 PM.
    Pls fix me.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    General:
    • Specialization Cap-stone traits (traits in the 7th and highest tier of each specialization tree) now require you to be in that specialization and at least level 45 in order to spend points to gain those particular traits.
    So instead of just limiting the traiting of capstones to one line only IE:"A Blue Hunter can trait Upshot/Planted Feet but becomes unable to trait Rapid Fire/Moving Target and The One trap/EP." we instead get this....

    Why would a Red Beorning want to trait Turn the Tides 5 + Any Advantage 3 + Debilitating Bees 2 just so they can trait Broad Thrash, I barely want to trait Execute as it is since its not working properly but I have to trait it to get 30 points atm.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    Moria: The quest chain known to many as The Secret of the Council has returned to Moria. Find the map somewhere within Moria's depths to begin...
    Excellent! This was one of my favourite Moria quests, glad to see it restored.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    34
    As already mentioned in the previous feedback threads, further steps towards class balancing are urgently needed. Wardens are currently not really competitive or wanted tanks in the Anvil compared to Guardian/Captain and now also Beorning. Also our DPS-role is severly threatened by the loss of +3 DoT-impulses (again: utilizing old sets isn't satisfying). The reasons why these things are a problem and how to fix them was explained in the previous beta feedback threads and in the Warden's (beta) class forum. Please don't ignore your players' concerns.
    http://https://www.lotro.com/forums/...g-Scaling-Bugs
    Gwaihir - Earnan, 120, Warden.

  23. #23

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    General:
    • Class trait points have been capped at 92 points for now. Points over the cap can be earned, but not spent. Note, you can currently only earn 91 class trait points, so there will be no visible change.
    • Specialization Cap-stone traits (traits in the 7th and highest tier of each specialization tree) now require you to be in that specialization and at least level 45 in order to spend points to gain those particular traits.
    I don't think this is the right way to celebrate the upcoming 93rd trait point. You're implementing two "fixes" to a "problem" that's barely even problematic, while leaving the actual issue--the changing ratio of trait points to available traits, the lack of traits-worth-traiting, the intense suckitude of the higher rows of several trait trees--completely unaddressed. Simply adding a new row of traits is a little more work, but infinitely more satisfying, and tides you over for the next 10 trait points (a couple of years, at the current rate).
    Last edited by Sindhol; Jan 04 2019 at 07:44 PM.
    Andhilin, Ifeyina, Iondhilin, wardens of Gondolin -- Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

  24. #24

    Revert Cap-stone change, please

    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    General:
    • Specialization Cap-stone traits (traits in the 7th and highest tier of each specialization tree) now require you to be in that specialization and at least level 45 in order to spend points to gain those particular traits.
    Please don't do this. Choosing one line for the base-line skills/passives but spending all of your points in another for the cap-stone should be a possibility for hybridization.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by DiogoVP View Post
    Wow, that's very disappointing. I always prefer more customization. Was this a request from the monster players? If so, why not make that restriction in the moors only? I really don't like this roller coaster everytime we get a new dev team. The first likes less customization, then the new one likes more customization, then a new team comes in and doesn't like the customization, how long is this going to last? Tbh, the only thing I am opposed to about the customization is really the difficulty we have to get all the essences and class trait points, but if it wasn't for that, I would say "more customization all the way". I am not really a fan of every player having very similar builds, which occurs now so much more often with so many stats being so much harder to cap, and less essence slots and less class traits to spend points on. What this really does is make us all prioritize the stats that are clearly better and everyone being similar with very few diversity of builds. This is really sad for me. Not surprising so many players I've known over the years are gone. It seems the game doesn't have a clear set of goals, but instead changes its goals dramatically every time we have a new team. The promise we had back in 2013-2014 was more cutomization with the introduction of trait trees and essences. And that was the trend that everybody hoped for. The biggest complaints I remember you getting from that though was from creeps who felt freeps were too OP, but that can be solved with a moors-only solution. I think it's ok to change the direction you're going to a more feasible one, but going to the opposite direction of where you were going is just too much. What I've noticed over the years is that you guys have listened to the voices of a minority and it backfired on you. Like all the guys who thought scrolls of empowerment were too cheap and made you put the price really high and it backfired real bad on you since the grind was unbearable, only because you were listening to a few players who can afford to play 5 hours a day.
    I hope we get more options of customization and get workarounds in the moors to avoid freeps being OP. Other than that, customization is great for PvE, as it increases the quantity of solutions and methods to complete raids and t2c content.
    This traitpoint cap was very much required change and it turned out even better by locking tier 7 out from secondary tree. Awesome change. Now we just need to cappy blue double rezz to moved tier 7, there may be some other traits on other classes what should be moved there also.
    Why this was required? Because it is one source of class unbalance. Example hunter even spending 91 points is not even near at cap of potential dps increase from traits. Could easily spend another 100 points and gain more dps. Then same time example fire rk reach max dps potential with under 70 trait points and rest of the points just give some more survival, nothing really increase fire rk dps outside red tree.
    Personally I would have like to see point cap to be even lower. Like around 70 points.

 

 
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload