We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Do I Need to Buy Siege of Mirkwood Xpac?

Hello,

I have just returned to LoTRO after a number of years away and last night, in order to be able to access all game content, I bought all the available Xpacs from the in-game LoTRO store. Siege of Mirkwood wasn't offered for sale in-game but I notice that the it is available from the LoTRO Market web site.

When I look at my Standing Stone Account I can see all my Xpacs are correctly listed but there is no mention of Siege of Mirkwood. Is this content now rolled up within one of the other Xpacs or do I still need to buy it separately?

Thanks for any advice & guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Crax2 View Post
    Hello,

I have just returned to LoTRO after a number of years away and last night, in order to be able to access all game content, I bought all the available Xpacs from the in-game LoTRO store. Siege of Mirkwood wasn't offered for sale in-game but I notice that the it is available from the LoTRO Market web site.

When I look at my Standing Stone Account I can see all my Xpacs are correctly listed but there is no mention of Siege of Mirkwood. Is this content now rolled up within one of the other Xpacs or do I still need to buy it separately?

Thanks for any advice & guidance.
    So far LOTRO include 6 expansions:

Mines of Moria / Siege of Mirkwood / Rise of Isengard / Riders of Rohan / Helm's Deep / Mordor

Each expansion is a separate purchase (for any account type), later expansions dont include previous ones.

Only one bundle exist in LOTRO Market (web site store), it include the first 4 expansions.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Expansion

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Thank you Sergio.

What you say makes complete sense.

I am pretty sure that I must already have purchased Siege of Mirkwood when I last played LoTRO a few years back. The fact that I have a Level 65 character would tend to confirm this...……….without the Mirkwood xpac I presume that it wouldn't have been possible for me to get to L65? Nor does the in-game LoTRO store offer me Mirkwood as an xpac which, again, would tend to support my assumption that I already own it. What puzzles me though is that it isn't listed on my account.

Just before Christmas I submitted a customer service ticket which, amongst other things, asked for clarification about the precise contents of my account. Whilst the CS response was helpful in most respects it managed to sidestep the question about which Xpacs I owned. I have asked again for clarification which, hopefully, will finally resolve the issue.

Mirkwood is available in the in-game store for 695LP. It might be called expansion quests: Mirkwood. You might find it in quest packs rather than expansions. If it doesn’t show up then you should already have it.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Quote Originally Posted by Crax2 View Post
    I am pretty sure that I must already have purchased Siege of Mirkwood when I last played LoTRO a few years back. The fact that I have a Level 65 character would tend to confirm this...……….without the Mirkwood xpac I presume that it wouldn't have been possible for me to get to L65? Nor does the in-game LoTRO store offer me Mirkwood as an xpac which, again, would tend to support my assumption that I already own it. What puzzles me though is that it isn't listed on my account.

Just before Christmas I submitted a customer service ticket which, amongst other things, asked for clarification about the precise contents of my account. Whilst the CS response was helpful in most respects it managed to sidestep the question about which Xpacs I owned. I have asked again for clarification which, hopefully, will finally resolve the issue.
    Visit Southern Mirkwood map, if you see quest rings unlocked, you have the expansion (be careful, the first quests in Mirkwood are the ones for the epic book, the "Mirkwood Landing" chain, and it are available for any character).

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mirkwood_Quests

Note: Your level is not an indication about expansions/quest packs ownership, because you can to go to 120 not owning any map and playing again and again the same free content (epic bbook + festivals + scalable skirmishes/instaces).

Smile

My thanks to you both.

I will be logging in to the game later this evening and will make a trip to Mirkwood (assuming I can remember how to get there!). If, as I suspect, I already own the content I might even still have a couple of unfinished Mirkwood quests in my journal which will confirm things.

My (rather faded!) recollection is that I completed most/all of the Mirkwood questline and got to the L65 cap before quitting the game but with the intention of returning once Rise of Isengard launched. After such a long lay off I have much to learn but at least I have tons of new content to enjoy.

Thanks once again for taking the time to respond to my post.

You are welcome, and welcome back to Middle-Earth!

No problem at all. And the boat from my upside Caras Galadhon in Lothlorien should take you there

Ditto welcome back!
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”