We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How do I equip Virtues?

Every time I try to equip a virtue I have earned I get a popup for the store happen that then prevents me from dragging and dropping into the slot. What am I doing wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranemehtar View Post
    Every time I try to equip a virtue I have earned I get a popup for the store happen that then prevents me from dragging and dropping into the slot. What am I doing wrong here?
    From wiki:

"In order to activate these bonuses, the Virtue must be "equipped." The player must open their Trait Tree Panel (accessible by pressing "J" or clicking the image of Gandalf on your Toolbar Left Slot 7) and select the third tab on the left. Earned virtues can be pulled into an available slot along the bottom of the panel. These 5 slots open up at levels 7, 9, 11, 17 and 23. These virtue bonuses stack with each other and with all other bonuses, and are an easy way to tweak your character's build for different game-play situations."

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Virtues

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Yes, I am aware of that, thank you. My problem is that when I go to drag the virtue icon on the virtue traits panel the store icon pops up over the trait panel when I try to select a virtue to equip.

Are you trying to put it in a locked slot? I know as a Premium player all 5 of my slots are unlocked, but maybe it's different if you're a F2p player. Now not all of my boxes in the circle around the equipped boxes are unlocked, but those auto-fill as you earn them.
    Last edited by Nebless; Jan 01 2019 at 02:45 PM.

If you have an open virtue slot the easiest way to slot a virtue is to right click the virtue you want to slot. Left clicking almost always, I think, opens the store in a most annoying manner to show you how you can buy the next level and also your Deed log.

You can also right click to unslot them as well.

Thank you Altair6! I was trying to drag and drop, or left click, right clicking was the way to do it. Thanks a ton, this had been bugging me for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    If you have an open virtue slot the easiest way to slot a virtue is to right click the virtue you want to slot. Left clicking almost always, I think, opens the store in a most annoying manner to show you how you can buy the next level and also your Deed log.

You can also right click to unslot them as well.
    For me, drag and drop works fine. No store and no deed log is the case almost always. The few times this happens would be when I'm slotting a virtue I am in the process of earning a rank for it when I slot it. In that rare case, I can choose to right-click it or just close the store and the deed log, after I've reminded myself where I can go to finish earning that rank.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.