We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Issues with wizard's fire and pet aggressive mode

I started to play my level 29 lore master today and noticed a couple of things.

1. Wizard's fire doesn't seem to do any damage for me. I tested it several times, I opened with Wizard's fire,
    I got a floating number suggesting that the mob suffered 40 damage, the combat log showed that the mob
    suffered 40 damage, but the morale bar of the mob was full, not a single morale drop. What is going on?

Edit: I went to another zone to farm some low level crafting mats and my Wizard's fire worked fine, so either the mobs
    in the lone-lands just resisted it and it was logged as a hit or I don't know..

2. I put my pet on aggressive mode and it doesn't attack anything until I am being targeted, basically it behaves
    exactly like on guard mode, is the mode broken?

Thanks
    Last edited by MakmakK; Dec 28 2018 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakmakK View Post

1. Wizard's fire doesn't seem to do any damage for me. I tested it several times, I opened with Wizard's fire,
    I got a floating number suggesting that the mob suffered 40 damage, the combat log showed that the mob
    suffered 40 damage, but the morale bar of the mob was full, not a single morale drop. What is going on?

Edit: I went to another zone to farm some low level crafting mats and my Wizard's fire worked fine, so either the mobs

2. I put my pet on aggressive mode and it doesn't attack anything until I am being targeted, basically it behaves

Thanks
    No idea on the resist not showing, sorry.
    Mind that even in the starting tutorial (before the intro), mob morale is 55. This despite your skill dealing 1-2 damage.
    In breeland you notice it the most I think, mob morale versus on-level skill damage is way over the top.
    In lonelands, you would not see 40 damage on their morale pool.
    It's all damage sponges.

The pet range is sad. Bog-lurker seems to get triggered at random about as far off as a 2h weapon.
    If you get shot at by a ranged mob, the boggie should attack though.

It seems that the various pets have different tastes in aggressive mode. They will attack one type of mob and ignore others. So try switching pets and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    No idea on the resist not showing, sorry.
    Mind that even in the starting tutorial (before the intro), mob morale is 55. This despite your skill dealing 1-2 damage.
    In breeland you notice it the most I think, mob morale versus on-level skill damage is way over the top.
    In lonelands, you would not see 40 damage on their morale pool.
    It's all damage sponges.

The pet range is sad. Bog-lurker seems to get triggered at random about as far off as a 2h weapon.
    If you get shot at by a ranged mob, the boggie should attack though.
    Thanks for the answer, I thought about the possibility of me just missing the small damage on the Morale bar,
    however keep in mind there is also number represent the morale, not just the bar itself. I took a screenshot of the issue
    and here it is:

As you can see, the damage is not reflected on the warg morale bar.

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    It seems that the various pets have different tastes in aggressive mode. They will attack one type of mob and ignore others. So try switching pets and see if that helps.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will test it out as soon as possible.

I just tested the intro again (not the tutorial) and some skill damage is so low it does not show on the morale.
    It is as if they instantly regen. Maybe they have in combat morale regen which instantly negates the damage dealt instead of regenerating after the damage is applied.
    The morale of the mobs is so high, I just get bored.
    My suspicion is that some of these numbers are not even calculated, in an effort to make the game run smoother. They just become 'dungeon dressing', an image you can view but it doesn't really do anything. Like a cinematic.

On the CINEMATICS topic, I tried the thorin's hall intro bedroll sleep. The areas load super slow. It's not a cinematic at all but says 'now entering nud melek' and so on for the different bits. It actually loads the area. Holy poor optimization batman (bat men, I guess mervail in the bat cave).

Quote Originally Posted by MakmakK View Post

Thanks
    1. The problem is that the morale bars of enemies do not refresh instantaneously. If after you hit an enemy with Wizard's Fire (or any skill for that matter), and it doesn't update, you can deselect and reselect the enemy to force the bar to update, showing the damage you caused. Now this isn't always the practical thing to do, but it does fix the problem. This only happens if an attack doesn't deal enough damage (relative to the enemy's max morale) to cause the bar to auto-update, or the time interval between auto-updates hasn't elapsed yet. Enemies in the Lonelands were probably stronger than the enemies in the low-level area you went to for crafting mats, so Wizard's Fire was doing less damage than the threshold, and thus not auto-updating the morale bar of the enemy.

2. I haven't noticed this, but then I typically don't use my pet in landscape anymore. Which pet are you using when you notice this, or does it happen with all of them? Also, what color is the floaty name of the enemies? It may be possible that Aggressive pets no longer attack gray enemies? Also, it could be a range issue. I heard that they decreased the auto-agro range of Aggressive pets to discourage AFK farming about a year ago or so. I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually bugged though, knowing all the other bugs that LMs have to put up with...

Quote Originally Posted by civilserpent View Post
    I just tested the intro again (not the tutorial) and some skill damage is so low it does not show on the morale.
    It is as if they instantly regen. Maybe they have in combat morale regen which instantly negates the damage dealt instead of regenerating after the damage is applied.
    The morale of the mobs is so high, I just get bored.
    My suspicion is that some of these numbers are not even calculated, in an effort to make the game run smoother. They just become 'dungeon dressing', an image you can view but it doesn't really do anything. Like a cinematic.

On the CINEMATICS topic, I tried the thorin's hall intro bedroll sleep. The areas load super slow. It's not a cinematic at all but says 'now entering nud melek' and so on for the different bits. It actually loads the area. Holy poor optimization batman (bat men, I guess mervail in the bat cave).
    First, thanks for taking the time to go back and check it, Second, I don't think mob regen would explain it, if it was the case, then I would have noticed those mobs regain morale very fast even after hard hitting attack.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMcStacky View Post
    1. The problem is that the morale bars of enemies do not refresh instantaneously. If after you hit an enemy with Wizard's Fire (or any skill for that matter), and it doesn't update, you can deselect and reselect the enemy to force the bar to update, showing the damage you caused. Now this isn't always the practical thing to do, but it does fix the problem. This only happens if an attack doesn't deal enough damage (relative to the enemy's max morale) to cause the bar to auto-update, or the time interval between auto-updates hasn't elapsed yet. Enemies in the Lonelands were probably stronger than the enemies in the low-level area you went to for crafting mats, so Wizard's Fire was doing less damage than the threshold, and thus not auto-updating the morale bar of the enemy.

2. I haven't noticed this, but then I typically don't use my pet in landscape anymore. Which pet are you using when you notice this, or does it happen with all of them? Also, what color is the floaty name of the enemies? It may be possible that Aggressive pets no longer attack gray enemies? Also, it could be a range issue. I heard that they decreased the auto-agro range of Aggressive pets to discourage AFK farming about a year ago or so. I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually bugged though, knowing all the other bugs that LMs have to put up with...
    Thanks for your reply, I didn't get the chance to test your claim yet though it will definitely explain the issue. As for the aggressive mode, it happens with all pets regardless the level, I went to the North Downs at level 29, my pets didn't aggro level 30 mobs unless they were almost on top of me. The "AFK" farming explanation makes perfect sense, as I was trying to AFK it while doing something else for a short time . So I guess the aggressive mode is broken, unfortunately it is wai broken.

Mobs do not have in-combat morale regen. This is why any dazeable mob can be killed by LMs if you have enough time. Fight big bad monster for a while, hmm I'm getting close to death, Blinding Flash, wait for yourself to heal, repeat until dead. You'll see their morale stays exactly the same while dazed.

Yes, sometimes the mobs morale bar does not update in a timely matter. There have been many times when I've done significant damage to a mob for 1 to 10 seconds with no reduction in their morale bar just to have the bar suddenly drop by half or two thirds, it just lags out sometimes.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings