We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How do I "disenchant" an item?

I have a few items that I've managed to get out of loot boxes that indicate they can "disenchanted" - how do I do this disenchantment? There are no tutorial and I can't find anything on a Google search. Thank you in advance for any guidance.

When you get to Mordor, you can buy an item called Flame of Ancalamir that disenchants items. It has a minimum level of 105 so prior to that I don't think there is a way to disenchant stuff.

You can buy the Flame item from the motes and figments barterer in Bree (and probably all the other barterers, too, though I haven't checked that). Just open the shop of the barterer, not the barter list.

It was added with one of the recent patches for lower levels (probably related to the legendary servers). Same happened for the guild recipes for the mote worthy crafts that are now available from the shop of the quest giver in Bree and not just from the High Enchanter in Mordor and beyond.

Haven't tried it but you should be able to disenchant with the Flame without doing the quest. Right click on the Flame and the disenchantable items in your inventory should be the only ones that are not greyed out. You can look up what items are disenchantable (for how much of what currency) in the tool tip.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    You can buy the Flame item from the motes and figments barterer in Bree (and probably all the other barterers, too, though I haven't checked that). Just open the shop of the barterer, not the barter list.

It was added with one of the recent patches for lower levels (probably related to the legendary servers). Same happened for the guild recipes for the mote worthy crafts that are now available from the shop of the quest giver in Bree and not just from the High Enchanter in Mordor and beyond.

Haven't tried it but you should be able to disenchant with the Flame without doing the quest. Right click on the Flame and the disenchantable items in your inventory should be the only ones that are not greyed out. You can look up what items are disenchantable (for how much of what currency) in the tool tip.
    Note that the items have to be unlocked.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    Yeah, you receive the flame item at character creation in the Legendary Servers.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

That's correct, get the Flame from the Traveller's Quartermaster - it costs about 34 silver . Check if the item is unlocked, right-click on the Flame, left-click on the item.
    Had no trouble doing that on my lvl 20 LP runner.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Thank you all for the swift and thorough answers!