We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

High Elf Trait Travel to Caras Galadhon a restricted area?

I received the race trait on my High Elf to Travel to Caras Galadhon, but when I Traveled there, it said in BIG RED SCARY LETTERS that it was a "RESTRICTED AREA" and I was immediately kicked out to Celondim. So, am I supposed to just keep it as a Travel to Celondim, or am I REALLY getting in trouble for this?? I don't mind on my Hunter, but the Minstrel is getting up there and I'd like to be able to Travel to somewhere besides my bind point. (No, I'd rather not spend points on Milestone Skills, until they go on sale...)

An odd situation but you should be fine once you get your rep up.

Any area that's not officially open on the Legendary servers yet is "restricted". I don't think you'll get in trouble for going there. You'll just get kicked out, as you discovered.
    Last edited by Altair6; Dec 26 2018 at 08:13 PM.

Yeah, you "can't get there from here".
    I noticed the same thing when I put the Mordor Door in my house. I get the big scary letters and then get dumped in Archet.
    Looks like when you try to port to some future place the game dumps you where your starting area is.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

Personally I think they should just default it to Rivendell until the Loth XP comes out. It's stupid to have a useless skill like that when they could just swap a few lines of code.

Quote Originally Posted by elyxthaxzus View Post
    Personally I think they should just default it to Rivendell until the Loth XP comes out. It's stupid to have a useless skill like that when they could just swap a few lines of code.
    'Swapping a few lines of code' in this case would swap them on the regular servers as well, so making a replacement skill that's granted on the Legendary servers rather than the original (but only until Lothlorien is available) would be much more involved. Once Lothlorien is available it won't be an issue anymore.

MoL

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    'Swapping a few lines of code' in this case would swap them on the regular servers as well, so making a replacement skill that's granted on the Legendary servers rather than the original (but only until Lothlorien is available) would be much more involved. Once Lothlorien is available it won't be an issue anymore.

MoL
    In spirit with the Glan Vraig map skill you can buy as a "freep" at rank 4, could you not create a "Return to Rivendell" map that is issued to High Elves only, and only on the Legendary servers? Just like the "Not Forgotten Handkerchief" you could also put a level restriction on it, e.g. a maximum level of 51. With the release of Moria/Lothlorien, the map will become useless for characters heading into Moria and beyond, but the Caras Galadhon port would now be available....

Of course then you would get people upset that they want to KEEP their Rivendell port after level 51!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Any area that's not officially open on the Legendary servers yet is "restricted". I don't think you'll get in trouble for going there. You'll just get kicked out, as you discovered.
    You won't get in trouble. The legendary server has all areas over level 51 "restricted". You will get the same message if you use the Mordor Door in someone's house (part of the Mordor Ultimate expansion if you bought it), and you will get the same message if you wander into Enedwaith from Eregion.... you have about 5 seconds to leave, and that includes time that your client is still loading, so it could be 2-3 seconds, or even LESS if you have a slower computer.... and get kicked back to your starting zone.

Some on Anor have started calling it the "Redneck port to Archet/Ered Luin". (depending on race).
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I miss the days of being able to stay in the restricted zones indefinitely.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir