We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    Eldalleth is offline Weatherstock Steward
    The Oracle
    Agent 99
    Expert Level Multitasker

Dev who created Mordor Quest: The Darkened Pool Please Read <3

First just wow this watching stone is somewhere I would have not likely found if not for currently updating Mordor stuff on the wiki The view from here is pretty cool. I'm so glad I didn't rush through reading the text dialog and took a screenshot to reread it because it was touching. And gave me questions as to if there was a story behind it. I continue to be amazed at the pictures you writers/devs can create with your wording on these quests. <3

For those who haven't a clue what quest I'm talking about your map reference is 60.2s, 21.8e work your way up the rocks til you find the path around the south west part heading up to the Watching stone.

For those who finished it and wish they would have read it now that you know there was a story spoilers lie here - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que..._Darkened_Pool

Just wanted to say thanks that's all
    Eldalleth Altaholic on Gladden and Landroval and Brandywine as well as Evernight (Formerly of Dwarrowdelf)
    I stream on twitch you can find me on twitch.tv/eldalleth
    I am also a member of the Official Lotro Stream Team twitch.tv/lotrostream :)
    I also edit the Lotro-wiki as onewingedangel73106 :)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldalleth View Post
    First just wow this watching stone is somewhere I would have not likely found if not for currently updating Mordor stuff on the wiki The view from here is pretty cool. I'm so glad I didn't rush through reading the text dialog and took a screenshot to reread it because it was touching. And gave me questions as to if there was a story behind it. I continue to be amazed at the pictures you writers/devs can create with your wording on these quests. <3

For those who haven't a clue what quest I'm talking about your map reference is 60.2s, 21.8e work your way up the rocks til you find the path around the south west part heading up to the Watching stone.

For those who finished it and wish they would have read it now that you know there was a story spoilers lie here - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que..._Darkened_Pool

Just wanted to say thanks that's all
    Agreed! The storytelling and worldbuilding have always impressed me in Lotro. It's what keeps me enchanted with the game. Yes, I'm an avid quest reader!

Nice find, Elda!

I'm sure this quest goes overlooked because it is surrounded by landscape bugs where you fall through the geometry into the lava below.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Nice find, Elda!

I'm sure this quest goes overlooked because it is surrounded by landscape bugs where you fall through the geometry into the lava below.
    That one I've never seen in or around that watching stone, when approached from the south; and I've run that quest a lot, with another one to get to it in the near future. A number of the glitchy spots seem to have been addressed, while I'm sure not all have been (ones I find I typically report); even though having the Ghashgurm landscape be treacherous was fun, to me.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

I've taken about ten of my toons through mordor and never come across this quest lol , thanks.