We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Returning, seeking a guide from 105 - 120

I guess a lot has changed since I was playing. Can anyone recommend a guide from Old Anorien to Mordor? It seems complex, especially the part about having to adventure to get coins to get basic armor recipes. I mean, Stangard, that was 'special' recipes, not basic.

I'm also forgetting what important grinds I have o do daily. It used to be Dol Amroth silver coins when I was playing last. I forget why though. Is there any point in completing my rep in Old Anorien or should I get the next quest pack and start there?

Thank you!

Finishing the meta-deed in Old Anorien rewards you with a trait point, so it might be worth your time. The reputation is not really worth it beyond the travel skills.

I would claim that you don't need a guide until maybe after Mordor, just keep questing and buy armour with Light of Eärendil bonus if Mordor is too difficult for you. Follow the Black Book story until the current end in the Grey Mountains and then consider upgrading your equipment if you are into fellowship content.

Keeping your imbued legendaries up to date might be the most important thing. Unfortunately, aquiring Star-Lit crystals and Scrolls of Empowerment is very grindy.

so I've figured some things out already, like, I need to do RT's to get the best LI, and there's not much point spending a lot of effort on my current one until I can get the Unearthed. Or is there? Online rumors vary about whether First Age = Unearthed or not.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Dadi's website, or anything similar, is there some kind of silencing rule going on where we shouldn't discuss other websites?
    Last edited by gripply; Dec 28 2018 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gripply View Post
    I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Dadi's website, or anything similar, is there some kind of silencing rule going on where we shouldn't discuss other websites?
    Not at all, i think, Dadi have some nice guides.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

I’ve always followed a simple plan. I go where my book quests send me, explore what interests me, and move on to the next book quest location when bored.

I bring word from Lord Elrond of Rivendell. An Alliance once existed between Elves and Men. Long ago we fought and died together. We come to honor that allegiance.

Quote Originally Posted by gripply View Post
    so I've figured some things out already, like, I need to do RT's to get the best LI, and there's not much point spending a lot of effort on my current one until I can get the Unearthed. Or is there? Online rumors vary about whether First Age = Unearthed or not.

The unearthed first age LI is identical to the normal ones that you craft. It will probably be easier to get your hands on the FA symbol you need to craft one than it will be to kill the dozens of RTs you need to barter for one.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    The unearthed first age LI is identical to the normal ones that you craft. It will probably be easier to get your hands on the FA symbol you need to craft one than it will be to kill the dozens of RTs you need to barter for one.
    Sorry late in replying. Thanks for that. Too many rumors to keep track of. Had some irl aggro and forgot. Cheers for clearing it up.

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eanamdar View Post
    I’ve always followed a simple plan. I go where my book quests send me, explore what interests me, and move on to the next book quest location when bored.
    When I've had time lately (not as often as I want), I followed this. Good advice.

I was surprised you had to buy into Mordor to continue the book quests, but I suppose it makes sense since the story is "off script" now. Still made me sad.

Really awesome ending to the books though. (SPOILER< stop reading here if you haven't finished the pre-Mordor book quests)

-----------------------

I really FELT something when Calenglad died. I know everyone else has been through this quest, but I undeniably feel like I'm carrying the last thoughts of a dying man. For a couple of weeks now, I look for the stars reflected in waters throughout Middle Earth.

-----------------------

Super nice job on the storytelling there! @MadeofLions and the Dev team