We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What is this download screen I'm getting, and why does it crash EVERY time at 69% downloaded? [EDIT: FIXED!]

I went ahead and patched the game last night. Now When I try to log in, I get this download screen attempting to download 3gb worth of files. It works fine until 69% and then the client crashes and I have to restart. The worst part, apart from not being able to play, is that the disk space is not returned after the crash... I was able to update just fine on my iMac several days ago.

Last edited by Cirdrawen; Dec 22 2018 at 11:18 AM.

So I finally figured out how to fix this problem, so I'll explain what to do in case anyone else runs into this problem and needs help:

Every time I opened up the launcher, I would get this enormous download that would crash at 69% downloaded. On a whim, I hit the "repair game data" button found on the launcher, and after the next crash, I noticed that the total gigabytes needed was down by several hundred megabytes. I continued to allow the launcher to downloaded 10-25% of the needed data and then hit "repair game files", and the total needed to downloaded was again reduced by that amount. Did this several more times and am now at the password screen.

Annoying and time consuming, but it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirdrawen View Post
    So I finally figured out how to fix this problem, so I'll explain what to do in case anyone else runs into this problem and needs help:

Every time I opened up the launcher, I would get this enormous download that would crash at 69% downloaded. On a whim, I hit the "repair game data" button found on the launcher, and after the next crash, I noticed that the total gigabytes needed was down by several hundred megabytes. I continued to allow the launcher to downloaded 10-25% of the needed data and then hit "repair game files", and the total needed to downloaded was again reduced by that amount. Did this several more times and am now at the password screen.

Annoying and time consuming, but it worked!
    THanks, but I don't see any such buttons. (?)
    I'm in my third time trying to update. After making eating and cleanign dinner (2 hours or so) I made it to Task: Dat ft... C=client highresdar-43068 Downloading file 1137 of 14503. I mean come on- I can donwload the entire game from the 'Play now' button on Steam in about the same time, so it's not my net speed.

If I look at logs I see a lot of 2019:01.10 (timestamp) ElevateProcess - failure: Not windows environment!

I guess I'm the only one having trouble.

To find the Repair Game Data button you have to click the little down arrow at the top of the launcher (next to the EN in the picture above) and choose Options.