We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Inventory and equipment wiped clean!

This happened on the 18th of this month, and I have since been unable to find a solution that doesn't require spending tons of money I can't spare at the moment. But my main character's ENTIRE INVENTORY, along with all his equipped items, was wiped clean after the update on the 18th! As this is my highest level character, as well as the one I started the game with, this situation has left me extremely heartbroken.

All of my equipment came from various outlets that are simply impossible to do without any equipment, including multiple First Age legendary items that are not possible for me to re-obtain at this time ( not having VIP will do that to you ). And many of my inventory items were bought using LOTRO Points, as well as awarded in anniversary gifts I got for the 3+ years I've been playing, meaning they're impossible to re-obtain without starting over from the beginning.

I've been in contact with SSG staff, but so far it isn't looking good. If this problem cannot be resolved with the recovery of my items, I will have no choice but to start the ENTIRE GAME OVER from the beginning. And after making all this progress, it could take ages to get back to where I was.

I don't believe this to be the fault of a hack attack on my account, as what little gold I had when this problem occurred is very much still there, along with my mithril coins. And that's usually the first thing a hacker would go for. It has to be a glitch of some description.

In case the worse should happen and I have to restart, what steps can I take to get back to where I was quickly? I don't want to have to resort to any "questionable" means of recovering my items, but at this point in time, I may have no choice.

This incident happened with my Adanelrond character on Arkenstone.

That is horrible!! I really hope it all works out for you! I know it's hard to wait, but I would give SSG some more time; remember, it is a holiday time and they may be short staffed right now. I'm sure they will restore all your stuff to you since it does appear to have been a glitch. Maybe start a crafter or a new alt class that you have been wanting to try out while you are waiting? Best of luck to you!! *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by SharlaSedai View Post
    That is horrible!! I really hope it all works out for you! I know it's hard to wait, but I would give SSG some more time; remember, it is a holiday time and they may be short staffed right now. I'm sure they will restore all your stuff to you since it does appear to have been a glitch. Maybe start a crafter or a new alt class that you have been wanting to try out while you are waiting? Best of luck to you!! *hugs*
    I tried that. They said it is impossible to restore everything. Unless, by some miracle, I can get an Aria of the Valar upgrade ( Lv.50 to 105 ), I will have to start all over again from level 1. That just stinks...

Being Yule time, I would look for handouts. Surely there's a few folks on your server who wouldn't mind donating excess first age items or some crafted gear. Might still take a while to get back to where you were, but faster than a complete restart. Good luck!

Has anyone considered the possibility that the OP's account got hacked and all the inventory/equipped items sold on the AH or to vendors? OP, whatever this turns out to be, please change your password NOW. Before any kind friend gives you items that could similarly be stolen.

Even if that wasn't what happened, changing your password from time to time is a good idea. SSG prefers that your password contain upper- and lower-case alpha characters, numeral(s), and special characters, as !@#$%....
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Have you checked your vault?

Any news on this? It makes me sad to see a encouraged player, who loves the game, lost everything due to a bug or a hack. Good luck to you! I think you aren't on belegear, otherwise I would help you out with some stuff.