We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Win32 Not Supported

So when did Win32 systems become unsupported by this game? I can't even download the game exe then once I figure that out I can't open the lotrolive.exe at all. (and when did the exe become live?)What the heck is going on with the changes in this game!??? Somebody please tell me! I can't get past the Game Error 201 then after uninstalling game it is no longer possible to even do that much. This is certainly a long time players (7 yr player) game nightmare from Hell now.
    Not all those who wander are lost ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Redlara View Post
    So when did Win32 systems become unsupported by this game? I can't even download the game exe then once I figure that out I can't open the lotrolive.exe at all. (and when did the exe become live?)What the heck is going on with the changes in this game!??? Somebody please tell me! I can't get past the Game Error 201 then after uninstalling game it is no longer possible to even do that much. This is certainly a long time players (7 yr player) game nightmare from Hell now.
    dev release fix. read here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ssues-Solution

it´s not game not support it is chromium tech that do not, so old browser and old 32 Vista, XP can not get new browser with new chromium tech. so it 3rd party like google, flash, divx player, firefox and such 3rd party that no longer support it and no longer release new versions for it.

this fix work very good for lotro. just follow and get the files they link.

but first you need install normal of course. this fix error when trying to launch the game on old 32.bit o/s.

Unhappy

But in actual fact my system is not wni32 it is 64 bit already, always has been. I have an older pc eMachine, no longer supported by ASUS that now owns it but does not service them at all. I have win7, and have played fine till last update. That is pretty significant. I also will try what you suggest but you don't know my machine. The message for win32 is incorrect. It isn't. Thanks though. I'll try to figure this out even though it may not be possible now.

Unhappy 64 bit

Not going to work, thanks though.
    I do have a 64 bit system although the win32 message is wrong it does pop up. Now the above can't open the file you linked me to.
    I have an old win7 eMachine. ASUS does not support this although it owns the rights to it.
    Last edited by Redlara; Dec 21 2018 at 02:15 PM. Reason: trying to add image

Use this guide:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Rule-Them-All

It's a great resource for any setup/install problems.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Use this guide:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Rule-Them-All

It's a great resource for any setup/install problems.

Is it worth it if this work around is only for NEW machines? Mine is very old. More than 10 years old. Yeah that old. windows7 was new when I got it. LOL thanks though.
    Last edited by Redlara; Dec 21 2018 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlara View Post
    Is it worth it if this work around is only for NEW machines? Mine is very old. More than 10 years old. Yeah that old. windows7 was new when I got it. LOL thanks though.
    I don't know. It is certainly possible that SOME components will need newer OS-es, but if you run Windows 7 or higher, it shouldn't be any problem getting the game to work with this guide. If you still use XP or Vista, I would upgrade to Windows 7 first.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I don't know. It is certainly possible that SOME components will need newer OS-es, but if you run Windows 7 or higher, it shouldn't be any problem getting the game to work with this guide. If you still use XP or Vista, I would upgrade to Windows 7 first.
    Sometimes OS files get corrupted, or overwritten by a bad M$ update; from the sound of it something like that has happened to your system.

When was the last time you reinstalled Win7? And do you have WinUpdate set to manual? because M$ are still pushing "updates" that break various parts of the OS.