We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Getting booted from Whithered Heath Resource Instance?

It's three times now that one of my characters has been booted from Withered Heath Resource Instance.

It happens when there doesn't seem to be resource nodes in the early part of the instance. I get that nodes in resource instances have always been different. If you'd clear one out the day before you might get nothing that day. Withered Heath behaves differently than "normal" in that the nodes in the early part act like resource instance nodes not respawning but once you reach the river they act like landscape nodes and do respawn.

Having been dumped out twice before I began to recognise the signs of an "iffy" instance so started to record:

https://youtu.be/an2xLqpvFTA

It's around 15 minutes in that I get booted, most of the way to killing the Scourge sadly but with the 2 side quests complete. Another time I hadn't completed the side quests and had to start them again. The main quest timer continues to tick down ofc and it's an entirely fresh instance I come back into. I do them solo only.

I want to /bug it but it's one of those tricky intermittent bugs. I wonder if many others have the same problem and whether you notice anything else being odd?

I'd like to be able to offer more than "got booted" in the bug report.

And if you find yourselves in an instance with none of the usual nodes and don't want to "test" it out maybe leave and come back in so you don't waste the 10 to 15 mins.

Mac

The resource instance resets at 6:00am /servertime, although the quests reset at the usual hour - 3:00am.

So if you enter the instance then - the nodes won't have respawned (if you ran it after 6:00 the previous day), and when the reset occurs, you'll get booted out. It's been working like this since the Hytbold crafting instances afaik.

So to make sure there are always nodes inside and you won't get ported out, just do them every day after the reset at 6am.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothrir View Post
    The resource instance resets at 6:00am /servertime, although the quests reset at the usual hour - 3:00am.

So if you enter the instance then - the nodes won't have respawned (if you ran it after 6:00 the previous day), and when the reset occurs, you'll get booted out. It's been working like this since the Hytbold crafting instances afaik.

So to make sure there are always nodes inside and you won't get ported out, just do them every day after the reset at 6am.
    Looking at the file creation time and working back yes I did get booted at 11am in the UK, 6am EST. Thanks .

It's been a while since I've been doing craft instances regularly. The node behaviour around the river lead me down the wrong track. We are used to completing dailies and seeing the wrong redo timer until we relog I should have remembered this one.

Cheers

Mac