We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    32

    I just recently came back to the game. Not trying to Troll here...

    Honest Question.

    But is Burglar now considered the worst class in the game?

    When I ask about Burglars on Arken and Gladden I am told

    Group Content.
    Their buffs are subpar to every other debuffer.
    Their not chosen for damage, as they lack AOE, and their single target isn't great either.
    They are melee.
    I never see them asked for in groups.

    Solo

    They are slow solo.
    They lack AOE to deal with certain situations.


    I am just curious what Burglar mains think about the state of the Burglar right now. And is their any hope on the horizon?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Griftter View Post
    Honest Question.

    But is Burglar now considered the worst class in the game?

    When I ask about Burglars on Arken and Gladden I am told

    Group Content.
    Their buffs are subpar to every other debuffer.
    Their not chosen for damage, as they lack AOE, and their single target isn't great either.
    They are melee.
    I never see them asked for in groups.

    Solo

    They are slow solo.
    They lack AOE to deal with certain situations.


    I am just curious what Burglar mains think about the state of the Burglar right now. And is their any hope on the horizon?

    Burgs are in a pretty sorry state at the moment, your points are pretty accurate. Supposedly should be getting changes in the not to distant future

  3. #3
    Burgs solo are still better than captains solo but pretty much worse than every other class. Both need revamps like red guardian and beorning got recently to boost dps and remove clunkiness. Still not sure why hobbit burgs are so much slower than human burgs??

    Melee in general is in disfavor due to instance and boss mechanics and burgs certainly lag in group desirability.

  4. #4
    Hopefully we will get a dev to repair the class who actually
    know how to play a burg and have a bit of common sense.
    A rarity those days at SSG

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cowplain, United Kingdom
    Posts
    934
    Instance and open world (especially daily repeatable) quests are very biased in favour of ranged dps, with AoE ranged >> ranged >> AoE melee >> single target melee as a speed of completion/wanted to join hierarchy.
    My captain only slower than my Burglar because he can't avoid mobs in the same way, but the game has evolved with Mitigation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Evade which rather unkindly affects the Burglar, double so blue line ones using evade as a basis for self heals, such as they are. SSg even reference this is the patch notes but dont seem to propose to allow better Evade, indeed nerfing T&G instead.

    Boss mechanics have long made any form of CC irrelevant and many are even immune to CJ openers like Trip or marbles. Debuffs are utterly reliant on good Finesse, gone seems to be the automatic +Resistance penetration for being a Burglar and kin groups will take yellow line burgs but pugs seem very unwilling.

    Reveal Weakness' nerf was supposed to be balanced by increased dps but no such luck is the general impression so all they were doing was making group play more difficult and reducing the big thing burgs brought to the party. I must say I'm at a loss to know why this was felt to be an issue. The cynic in me thinks it, as far too many chnages have turned out to be, relates to some PvMP thing that a very small but very vocal group moaned about often enough, but that's perhaps unfair.

    Debuff stacking being removed means that no group will take multiple burglars save on a casual basis.

    As ever Tactical Mitigation is hard to get without massively gimping elsewhere, remember that you will want maxed critical chnace which seems to melt away as you level through Ered Mithrin/Ironfold. Gear is very poorly developed, there are Agility items with + Critical Defence on them, IMO a total waste of a stat that should be Finesse, or Parry, or Evade, or Finesse or Resistance or flippin' + Flower Arranging skill I was tempted to pass that bit to my Captain, +10K Crit Def, whats not to like?:-)
    Mithithil Ithryndi

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithithil View Post
    Instance and open world (especially daily repeatable) quests are very biased in favour of ranged dps, with AoE ranged >> ranged >> AoE melee >> single target melee as a speed of completion/wanted to join hierarchy.
    My captain only slower than my Burglar because he can't avoid mobs in the same way, but the game has evolved with Mitigation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Evade which rather unkindly affects the Burglar, double so blue line ones using evade as a basis for self heals, such as they are. SSg even reference this is the patch notes but dont seem to propose to allow better Evade, indeed nerfing T&G instead.

    Boss mechanics have long made any form of CC irrelevant and many are even immune to CJ openers like Trip or marbles. Debuffs are utterly reliant on good Finesse, gone seems to be the automatic +Resistance penetration for being a Burglar and kin groups will take yellow line burgs but pugs seem very unwilling.

    Reveal Weakness' nerf was supposed to be balanced by increased dps but no such luck is the general impression so all they were doing was making group play more difficult and reducing the big thing burgs brought to the party. I must say I'm at a loss to know why this was felt to be an issue. The cynic in me thinks it, as far too many chnages have turned out to be, relates to some PvMP thing that a very small but very vocal group moaned about often enough, but that's perhaps unfair.

    Debuff stacking being removed means that no group will take multiple burglars save on a casual basis.

    As ever Tactical Mitigation is hard to get without massively gimping elsewhere, remember that you will want maxed critical chnace which seems to melt away as you level through Ered Mithrin/Ironfold. Gear is very poorly developed, there are Agility items with + Critical Defence on them, IMO a total waste of a stat that should be Finesse, or Parry, or Evade, or Finesse or Resistance or flippin' + Flower Arranging skill I was tempted to pass that bit to my Captain, +10K Crit Def, whats not to like?:-)
    It is sad, indeed.

    We need to be able to affect group: BUff / De-Buff side of game
    And why not?
    -We should be able to DPS. The whole reason we have 3 trait lines Blue: Dleed damage + defence. Red: DPS. Yellow: De-buff and even heal. All this should be active in the game.

    But, Keep the Hope Alive!

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...urgLivesMatter

    #BurgLivesMatter

    And Happy New Year
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cowplain, United Kingdom
    Posts
    934
    And...


    ...end game armour with Crtical Defence on it. Great dolloping chunks of it as opposed to more Parry, Evade, Resistance, Finesse, Crtical Rating or even Master.

    Critical Defence instead...Really?

    Every essence slot you will get being filled with Tac Mit as its the only way you will get the 200K rating needed to play with the big children.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JERH View Post
    Burgs solo are still better than captains solo but pretty much worse than every other class. Both need revamps like red guardian and beorning got recently to boost dps and remove clunkiness. Still not sure why hobbit burgs are so much slower than human burgs??

    Melee in general is in disfavor due to instance and boss mechanics and burgs certainly lag in group desirability.
    Do you play captain? My red line captain is far superior to my burglar, who is parked in Gondor until things get resolved.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload