We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Learning to program

Yo, trying to find a good website/program that is free and will teach me how to program starting from essentially nothing. I'd like to learn C, and I've tried Codecademy but it wasn't really doing it for me- it basically just told me what to do and gave me nothing to work with. Thanks in advance!

-Crickhollow- Freeps: Arfie (Captain), Hacktoe (Beorning), Neok (Guardian), Scad (Hunter), Janzel (Lore Master), Tuneman (Minstrel), Dorgo (Champion)

Quote Originally Posted by Wookanda View Post
    Yo, trying to find a good website/program that is free and will teach me how to program starting from essentially nothing. I'd like to learn C, and I've tried Codecademy but it wasn't really doing it for me- it basically just told me what to do and gave me nothing to work with. Thanks in advance!
    Probably not the best place to ask but here's a like to hopfully get you started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Wookanda, why isn't your name in blue? Also I don't see you in the dev tracker.

Boom-tish!
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Quote Originally Posted by Wookanda View Post
    MIT - Electrical Engineering and Computer Science

Corusera

Coding DoJo

Beginning Programming for Dummies

Learn the basics first (tools, logic, constructs, flow diagrams, logic diagrams) - Basic and Pascal are good starter languages (this is what they were developed for) then move on to C and its variants, do not forget Java and Java Script.

Good luck.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 104 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)