We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gambler question

Hi guys, I'm new to burgling and I'm enjoying playing as a gambler.

It says that my crit chain should be unlocked with evades but it doesn't appear to - watching the combat log when I get a complete evade it triggers bob and weave but doesn't unlock the start of my chain. Am I doing it wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance

I think you've possibly misread something or the/a tooltip is bugged. As far as I know the critical skills chain is opened by a critical hit.
    Last edited by Altair6; Dec 19 2018 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    I think you've possibly misread something or the/a tooltip is bugged. As far as I know the critical skills chain is opened by a critical hit.

Edit: Tested and evades were not unlocking crit chain, so not working as described there...
    Last edited by 4andreas; Dec 19 2018 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks for the quick response, will submit a bug report

The individual crit hit chain tooltip buttons still say they're unlocked by a critical hit. One or the other ain't right.
    Far as I can tell, for me they're still opened by critical hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Occum View Post
    The individual crit hit chain skill buttons still say they're unlocked by a critical hit. One or the other ain't right.
    Far as I can tell, for me they're still opened by critical hits.
    The crit chain is opened by a crit. But back at lvl50-85 there was a Legendary traid that the chain was also opened by evades.
    I think there was just a bad copy paste from that traid.

i think evades used to unlock crit chains for blue lines burg too. maybe it had internal cd, maybe i am remembering it completely wrong.

Anyway, it seems to me Bob and Weave is triggering more often than the one per 5 sec as tooltip says, but also didnt manage to get more than 3 stacked. Am i missing something there?

Quote Originally Posted by 4andreas View Post
    i think evades used to unlock crit chains for blue lines burg too. maybe it had internal cd, maybe i am remembering it completely wrong.

Anyway, it seems to me Bob and Weave is triggering more often than the one per 5 sec as tooltip says, but also didnt manage to get more than 3 stacked. Am i missing something there?
    FriendlyHat seems to have messed around with Gambler a little.

Crit Chain definitely opened up with evade, it no longer does - despite Gambler specialization bonus still saying so.
    Bob and Weave seems to have a cooldown of like 3 seconds, not 5 anymore as the tooltip indicates.
    Sharp Eye mitigation buff is no longer surpressed by crit chain, but also not active while crit chain is open as the tooltip now says. Every time the crit chain opens up, you get a 6 secs lasting buff, which can be refreshed.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

The crit chain closes?

Mercy me, what do these new Burglars do these days?
    :-)

I suspect a lot of old text in the tooltips.
    Mithithil Ithryndi