We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
  1. #1

    @Cordovan @Devs T3 instance Buff

    Since one of your last updates on Thursday the 13th you buffed wanted or unwanted the t3 version of Glimmerdeep, Thikil-Gundu and Thrumfall.
    This change results in an enormous change of stats. You need arround 50% more finesse and 30k more mitigations which leads us to an change up gear and essences.
    In the patchnotes of this day, there were no changes to t3 instances mentioned and till now there is no statement about this.

    So i ask you now to give us one.
    Are these changes intended or are they bugged ?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookymonster View Post
    Since one of your last updates on Thursday the 13th you buffed wanted or unwanted the t3 version of Glimmerdeep, Thikil-Gundu and Thrumfall.
    This change results in an enormous change of stats. You need arround 50% more finesse and 30k more mitigations which leads us to an change up gear and essences.
    In the patchnotes of this day, there were no changes to t3 instances mentioned and till now there is no statement about this.

    So i ask you now to give us one.
    Are these changes intended or are they bugged ?
    Try to do T3 Caverns, the last boss is hitting everyone for 300k+

    Someone please fix, pretty please.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    35
    There's already another thread about this issue
    Besides that I would like to know if it is intended that Etterfang can onehit (or nearly with 1,2+ million damage) stalagmites on Tier 3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthien90 View Post
    There's already another thread about this issue
    Besides that I would like to know if it is intended that Etterfang can onehit (or nearly with 1,2+ million damage) stalagmites on Tier 3
    I know that there is another threat talking about this issue, and thats not the point of this thread. I just want an Dev to Reply and give a statment if it is intended, thats something they havent done yet.
    ps. i dont like the new buff

  5. #5
    So since they (maybe) bugged T3 they had time to bring an new update (Tuesday) and the Hotfix for that update that came today for some stupid quests, but theyre still not able to give us an statement about that t3 scalling which was NOT mentioned anywhere in any patchnotes.

    Are ppl that run instances/raid just a joke for you ssg?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Albany New York
    Posts
    956
    Won't see anything more until after the New Year.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookymonster View Post
    So since they (maybe) bugged T3 they had time to bring an new update (Tuesday) and the Hotfix for that update that came today for some stupid quests, but theyre still not able to give us an statement about that t3 scalling which was NOT mentioned anywhere in any patchnotes.

    Are ppl that run instances/raid just a joke for you ssg?
    Yes this is VERY annoying. No mention in patch notes, no any word from blue name at least nothing official. Cavern T3 is quite much unplayeable now without slotting lot of mitigations. That 56k armour penetration buff what T3 mobs have seems to be more like direct mitigation value debuff.

    Old T2 instances like Dome of Star have different buffs where "armour" penetration is 11536. This new one is 56546 and for new instances t2 it's 28273 so half from T3 buff.
    That T3 buff now is only 4,9 times more than old t2 instances buff is.

    And if that penetration hits for both tactical and physical mitigation same, you will need 14,4 purple essences JUST to cover that debuff. Even if it affects only 20% to tactical mitigation,
    you still need 8,7 purple essences to negate that buff effect. And even that we have now mit varding lore what gives 18k something per mitigation, you still need like 10 essences to negate this buff.

    I have on my beorning little over 100k phys mit value what gives me 38,3% phys mit, this penetration buff push my phys mit to under 22%, so that is about 16,5% drop what is huge. It's so huge that when we was trying to do cavern T3, 2nd boss was doing 112k hits and with cappy tank you cannot really avoid boss hitting you time to time because when tank gets stunned, boss goes after dps. So after some attempts and one shots we simply cave up.

    If someone is intrested, I made chart where you can easily see this penetration buff effect to yuor mitigations.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...RBKgwn/pubhtml

    EDIT: If heavy wants to cap mitigation, you need 290k, good luck with that.

  8. #8
    my only problem is that they didn't mention the changes in any place. other than that i like the new changed tbh. t3 was basically getting farmed 24/7 with pugs. and caverns is probably the hardest one atm i agree but you can still finish it. probably the only healing class that can't do it right now is mini.

    EDIT: since you buffed T3 instances. can you please consider increasing the loot chance ?
    Last edited by jomanjy; Dec 21 2018 at 08:51 PM.
    Creeps:
    Deathlyheals - R14 defiler | Deadlyline - R10 Warg
    Freeps - FullyWrecked
    #BringT2cBack

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jomanjy View Post
    my only problem is that they didn't mention the changes in any place. other than that i like the new changed tbh. t3 was basically getting farmed 24/7 with pugs. and caverns is probably the hardest one atm i agree but you can still finish it. probably the only healing class that can't do it right now is mini.

    EDIT: since you buffed T3 instances. can you please consider increasing the loot chance ?
    T3 Caverns is being completed with what kind of setup? Because the 300k hits is making that last boss impossible to beat. Unless somehow there is a way to "avoid the 300k+ hit". I just do not see it, was in there with a minny, RK healer, etc. Just cannot finish it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    T3 Caverns is being completed with what kind of setup? Because the 300k hits is making that last boss impossible to beat. Unless somehow there is a way to "avoid the 300k+ hit". I just do not see it, was in there with a minny, RK healer, etc. Just cannot finish it.
    hmm I've done it with guard, hunter and me on RK. it is probably the worst setup since guard is kind of useless in last boss but none of us took 300k hits not sure how do you get hit for that
    Creeps:
    Deathlyheals - R14 defiler | Deadlyline - R10 Warg
    Freeps - FullyWrecked
    #BringT2cBack

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by jomanjy View Post
    hmm I've done it with guard, hunter and me on RK. it is probably the worst setup since guard is kind of useless in last boss but none of us took 300k hits not sure how do you get hit for that
    Have you done it with placing Fates Entwined everytime Etterfang spits fire?
    The problem we had (guard, hunter, beo) was that stalagmites were nearly onehit sometimes (more than 1 million damage).

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthien90 View Post
    Have you done it with placing Fates Entwined everytime Etterfang spits fire?
    The problem we had (guard, hunter, beo) was that stalagmites were nearly onehit sometimes (more than 1 million damage).
    yeah true. our guard went yellowline for the extra perma -% damage on etterfang. and fates does not affect the fire attack so it was getting hit for like 900k-1m as well. you basically need to full focus heals on the stalagmite and let your dps/guard survive from their selfheals. i haven't done it on beorning but i think it should be easier than doing it on RK because beorning heals are better and they have the bond of trust % morale heal which make healing the stalagmite much faster. - also you can use piercing roar on boss for -40% damage when he does the breathe attack but i am not sure if that skill is working even or no-
    Creeps:
    Deathlyheals - R14 defiler | Deadlyline - R10 Warg
    Freeps - FullyWrecked
    #BringT2cBack

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by jomanjy View Post
    yeah true. our guard went yellowline for the extra perma -% damage on etterfang. and fates does not affect the fire attack so it was getting hit for like 900k-1m as well. you basically need to full focus heals on the stalagmite and let your dps/guard survive from their selfheals. i haven't done it on beorning but i think it should be easier than doing it on RK because beorning heals are better and they have the bond of trust % morale heal which make healing the stalagmite much faster. - also you can use piercing roar on boss for -40% damage when he does the breathe attack but i am not sure if that skill is working even or no-
    I see. Thanks for the tip with the yellow guard! I think we'll try it next time.
    Sure the Beorning healing is faster most of the time, but onehit is onehit. So everything that reduces damage is required and good to know

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by jomanjy View Post
    yeah true. our guard went yellowline for the extra perma -% damage on etterfang. and fates does not affect the fire attack so it was getting hit for like 900k-1m as well. you basically need to full focus heals on the stalagmite and let your dps/guard survive from their selfheals. i haven't done it on beorning but i think it should be easier than doing it on RK because beorning heals are better and they have the bond of trust % morale heal which make healing the stalagmite much faster. - also you can use piercing roar on boss for -40% damage when he does the breathe attack but i am not sure if that skill is working even or no-
    Skill is "working" but it's not doing what tooltip say it does. It's potency depends of mobs mastery. Higher mastery is, less effective it is because it directly tanks mastery value.

    And clearly something is broken on T3 now if slamites are getting almost one shot or if healer is required to go debuff boss, what is not even 100% reliable that you even can debuff unless you slot tons of finesse.
    And as I already postedd my experience from 2nd boss with cappy tank, without slotting lot of more mits, dps/healer is getting one shot unless you have tank what can keep force taunt up 100% time what only guardian can do.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jomanjy View Post
    yeah true. our guard went yellowline for the extra perma -% damage on etterfang. and fates does not affect the fire attack so it was getting hit for like 900k-1m as well. you basically need to full focus heals on the stalagmite and let your dps/guard survive from their selfheals. i haven't done it on beorning but i think it should be easier than doing it on RK because beorning heals are better and they have the bond of trust % morale heal which make healing the stalagmite much faster. - also you can use piercing roar on boss for -40% damage when he does the breathe attack but i am not sure if that skill is working even or no-
    I am going to "disagree" with your posting that your completing that fight with the RK, Guard, Hunter. The Stalagmites are being one shotted, cannot keep the heals on them.

    Unless you are doing something to minimize that damage, what you are posting here is not adding up.

    Regardless, changes have impacted things far to the right. Devs need to review and determine the course of action to take here.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    I am going to "disagree" with your posting that your completing that fight with the RK, Guard, Hunter. The Stalagmites are being one shotted, cannot keep the heals on them.

    Yeah okay.



  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Argira View Post
    Yeah okay.


    Outstanding, the -% reduction is what is preventing the rocks from being one shotted. I have been in there 5 times this week and the results are the same at the last boss, the rock formations are getting one shotted. So that is just the key at this point, preventing the one shot.

    BTW, the best part of the video the dialogue for $40 dollars for the points! LOL Should go for $50 and get a discount!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    370
    Just wanted to share yesterday testing result, this "armour" penetration buff is actually flat mitigation penetration buff for both mitigations, tested it in cavern. Thats why it has so huge affect specially in cavern and also made TG T3 2nd boss spirits hit people much harder.

    How I tested it? I went in and took all gear and traits away what affect armour/mitigation. I had then 0 phys mit and around 11k tactical mit. Let salamanters to hit me with skii what did fire damage and what damage was exactly same every attack they did. They have at least 1 attack what hit you everytime exactly same damage. Then I popped 18k mit scroll so I went to around 30k tactical mit total and no difference to damage.
    Then I added tactical mitigation gear until I was over 74k tactical mitigation and only then I got about 10% reduced hit. Again I repeated that many times and was getting same damage value multible times. This is in line with chart I posted earlier what shows that heavy armour requires little over 76k mitigation value to reach 10%.

    I think this buff is seriously overtuned, this means that we need to slot 7 purple mitigation essences to negate this buff and if you want to negate both phys and tactical, then you need to slot 14 essences. Good luck with that.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,603
    Quote Originally Posted by JiiPee View Post
    Just wanted to share yesterday testing result, this "armour" penetration buff is actually flat mitigation penetration buff for both mitigations, tested it in cavern. Thats why it has so huge affect specially in cavern and also made TG T3 2nd boss spirits hit people much harder.

    How I tested it? I went in and took all gear and traits away what affect armour/mitigation. I had then 0 phys mit and around 11k tactical mit. Let salamanters to hit me with skii what did fire damage and what damage was exactly same every attack they did. They have at least 1 attack what hit you everytime exactly same damage. Then I popped 18k mit scroll so I went to around 30k tactical mit total and no difference to damage.
    Then I added tactical mitigation gear until I was over 74k tactical mitigation and only then I got about 10% reduced hit. Again I repeated that many times and was getting same damage value multible times. This is in line with chart I posted earlier what shows that heavy armour requires little over 76k mitigation value to reach 10%.

    I think this buff is seriously overtuned, this means that we need to slot 7 purple mitigation essences to negate this buff and if you want to negate both phys and tactical, then you need to slot 14 essences. Good luck with that.
    Out of the loop.
    Why do we need an additional difficulty tier at all?
    Did we not recently make over all classes and finetune all area difficulties to make things interesting?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Out of the loop.
    Why do we need an additional difficulty tier at all?
    Did we not recently make over all classes and finetune all area difficulties to make things interesting?
    Very pithy, I like it! You probably weren't looking for an answer but it likely lies in the freshly monetized essence system. The T3 buffs and new raid armour sets seem pretty well designed to get people in the habit of swapping essences around even more frequently as they progress towards an ideal build.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Out of the loop.
    Why do we need an additional difficulty tier at all?
    Did we not recently make over all classes and finetune all area difficulties to make things interesting?
    T3 was most likely created because devs had issues with challenges to work as they should. Still seeing nighmares of Abyss boss 1 random challenge fail or boss 2 getting challenge done but deed not register. Or issues with CoS challenge, remember? /s

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    Try to do T3 Caverns, the last boss is hitting everyone for 300k+

    Someone please fix, pretty please.....

    If this is intended i am wondering if we miss anything about strat. Maybe this is just about knowledge but i can't say because i don't found people for do it with my champ or minstrel in t3. And the game direction drive me far about lotro atm.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,567
    T3 is obviously supposed to be the most difficult, but if we need to make adjustments we can.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    T3 is obviously supposed to be the most difficult, but if we need to make adjustments we can.
    Maybe just a little tweak is needed. In general T3 is fine, the only problem I see is Caverns of Thrumfall, because Etterfang can ONEHIT stalagmites. Even with a 10-20% damage reduction debuff on her she can hit a stalagmite hard enough that there is only 100.000 morale left AND puts a debuff on it. That should not be the case in my opinion. Would be okay when there's 500k morale left when she hits the hardest because... well, it's Tier 3.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Minas Morgul
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    T3 is obviously supposed to be the most difficult, but if we need to make adjustments we can.
    The issue is T3 was changed significantly without any mention in patch notes. The difficulty is fine, but there shouldn't be such a large difference some weeks past initial T3 release - after people get loot in the easier state.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload