We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    T3 is obviously supposed to be the most difficult, but if we need to make adjustments we can.
    Thrumfall on t3 was before the T3 difficulty increase, just doable with a bunch of class combinations.
    The fight was 100x easier with an ranged DD and way to hard with melee DD's.

Now its nearly impossible no matter what group setup you are using.
    I agree t3 should be hard (and Thrumfall/Thikil are mostly fine), but hard should not mean excluding class from being able to finish the instance (because its to hard or super mele/ranged unfriendly)
    Gertes

T3 is obviously supposed to be the most difficult, but if we need to make adjustments we can.
    Problem is etterfang 's last boss. What i was talking and thinking about.

Cord, the problem is that this change in the T3 difficulty has not been mentioned in any patch notes and the players still don't know if this change is intended or not. Also, the buff description is wrong (see JiiPee's remarks) because it's not armor penetration, but penetration of both mitigations.
    Clarification and correction of the tooltip are necessary.
    Gwaihir - Earnan, 120, Warden.

I really doubt they even know that anything changed.
    At least for 100% cordovan got no clue about all that

The change was sudden and abrupt. Causing people to drastically change a lot of builds. The difficulty is harder but seems fine to me. Thats definitely not the issue here as some others have pointed out, some players were able to gear out tier 3 completely in an easier state. Just not sure why the difficulty was changed so quickly after initial tier 3 release. Just give us a heads up next time before going forward with this kind of change / include it on the patch notes.

Etterfang however is broken
    Last edited by luckygirl1; Jan 03 2019 at 04:29 PM.

Difficulty can be obtained in ways other than just double health/damage. Enterfang for example, make a light spawn on a timer that quickly destroys the cover and forces dps to switch. through out the fight we do ~20million morals worth of damage but not to the same target hiding behind the same 1 pillar like scared mice.

Another example being the third boss of TG, the drake matron. I really enjoy this fight but every time I'm there once the boss has been defeated I look around and realize we've only used maybe 1/8th of the encounter space. Periodic ice spikes that fall from the ceiling in 2 of the 3 "lanes" (center walk up and both sides) and is telegraphed by a npc drake flying up to cause the shower.

Honestly the group I run with the most fun we've been having is in T2 TG because the spirits force us to play smarter, the cost of entry isnt too crazy steep, and it requires a collaborative effort. Not just now kill 5million moral while turtled together in the most advantageous spot.

If T3 runs are to continue coming out for new runs, or even retroactively added to older runs please take the time to observe how T2 groups are consistently doing things then add a mechanic or two that puts a wrench in that plan.
    Only resort to high amounts of additional health or damage output when the strategy observed is to nuke something down as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Brinuw View Post
    Difficulty can be obtained in ways other than just double health/damage.
    Totally agree on that. Clearing trash for 2 hours falling asleep while hitting 1 button just to burn billions of morale - is top laziness of SSG devs. Cmon do something smart instead of that useless stuff.
    Or just remove the trash mobs all together - that is nothing but waste of time. There is no challange or whatsoever.

Or just remove morale % from tiers at all (or cut it twice), at least for trash, for boss it works fine I guess.

Would like to see the return of T2C model and do away with the dull T3 buff;
    likely wont happen but in terms of player engagement and making instances more fun to run, T2C beats T3 hands down.
    lil 'obbit of Evernight...

Chaos Unbound, Paradox, Silent Paths, Ascension, Bonehunters, Legion of the Valar

Yes we can see that T3 should be most challenging to run. But 3-man instances should ALSO be possible to run quite many different group setups. Now with this 56546 mitigation penetration to both mitigations, what also affects slamites or whatever they are called, they are taking etterfang hit most likely without any mitigation or only very little mitigation. And because mitigation is curved stat it means that less you have mitigation value, more this penetration debuff affects you. This is the reason why tanks are not suffering this so much, because they went down only like 8% (60 to 52%) with mitigation if you was around capped with values.
    Lets take hunter with 120 mitigation value, that gives 38% mitigation. With this penetration hunter goes down to 25% effective mitigation. that is 13% drop. Light goes from 34% to 23%, 11% drop.
    Before when hunter took 62k hit, now with this penetration hunter will take 75k hit. That is over 20% increase. And RK who took 66k hit now takes 77k hit. 16% increase.

And what I remember 120000 mitigation was quite ok value for before this change for others than tanks. Now we need like 14 essences to counter this penetration what simply is too much. WIth essence shortage what we still have, only essence farmers have that many stocked and even if we can have enough essences, we simply do not have enough essence slots. Because you gotta remeber that also finesse was affected hard. RK's example gotta slot now much more finesse or you get way too much resists.

Quote Originally Posted by Brinuw View Post
    Difficulty can be obtained in ways other than just double health/damage.
    Apparently T3 has more morale/damage and additional mechanics that are not present in T2.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    Apparently T3 has more morale/damage and additional mechanics that are not present in T2.
    Thikil Gundu:
    • On first boss, you can only use the bellows once before disappearing
    • On boss 2, all 4 dwarves are present with Fror

Glimmerdeep:
    • Only more trash, nothing new

Thrumfall:
    • ?

Those are all the differences, really.

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    Thikil Gundu:
    On boss 3, the ice spikes are apparently an insta kill instead of just a moral hit if you get near them.

In CoT the first boss adds are different on T3, but im not sure that counts.

I think its also important to remember that we havent seen the T3 raid yet, so we dont know if the mechanics will be different or not.

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    Thikil Gundu:

Glimmerdeep:
    • Only more trash, nothing new

Thrumfall:
    • ?

Those are all the differences, really.
    The last Boss in Glimmerdeep gets additional mechanics, but since every one is exploiting the fight no one notice it.
    Gertes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2