We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What is the "Rohan Deed Tome" on sale this week?

So, this is the second week of "deep discounts" for Yule in the LotRO store... but this week appears to be 75% off a "Rohan Deed Tome"... of which I can find zero information online about, nor does it show up in the store for any of my characters or accounts... the only thing I can find is that it comes with the Aria of the Valor pack for a boost to 105. Is this an actual item in the store, or was this mistakenly discounted?

Last week I did buy the steed bundle... and then was very disappointed that while the bundle itself was Bound to Account, each steed inside was bound to the character that opened the bundle... why would you do it this way? One of my other characters would have loved the other steed in the bundle... the two steeds in the bundle were quite different, so it isn't likely one character is going to use both styles

Are you going to be putting things on sale like character slots, inventory slots, shared storage, shared wardrobe, shared wallet... things many people will probably want, especially with the new servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Eidola View Post
    Are you going to be putting things on sale like character slots, inventory slots, shared storage, shared wardrobe, shared wallet... things many people will probably want, especially with the new servers?
    You just missed out on sales on that..... the shared storage and inventory slots were on sale in the 2nd week of November (the full week after the Legendary server launched), and cosmetic slots as well as the shared wardrobe were on sale LAST week (through Dec 6th).

I haven't seen character slot sales as of late, so that might be coming soon.... but wardrobe and inventory are probably not going to return for a few months seeing as they just were on sale.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015! Now also playing on ANOR!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Correct, it was part of the Aria of the Valar upgrade, but maybe they decided to offer it also separately, or it is a mistake. Basically, you get class trait points from Rohan with that tome. If you consider buying it, best wait on official reply, unless explanation in the shop is clear enough.

It doesn't make sense that you can buy the Rohan Deed Tome in the store, unless it doesn't have the same "Aria of Valar" requirement as the one you can buy in-game from a trainer. I have not been in game yet today, but hopefully that is made very clear on the purchase when you decide to buy it. The one you buy from the trainer also has a level 89 requirement (which makes sense), so you shouldn't see this in the store at all if your level is lower..... unless the store version is lower level.

Seems a weird thing to put in the store, unless it is something totally different and not what I at all think it is....
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I can't see it in the store on any character on either my VIP Account or on my Premium Account. The VIP account has Rohan, where as the Premium account only has Moria... but no "Rohan Deed Tome" anywhere to be seen.

Well, I did get some Shared Wardrobe slots, so yes, those were on sale recently... guess I just figured Yule might have more things on sale than what has been shown so for!

My partner and I have returned to LotRO from DDO... and it just seems that DDO had "better" sales around this time of year, though it seems that LotRO and DDO seem to have reached equilibrium since SSG took over and separated from Turbine... could be observer error too for all that.

Hope whatever the "Rohan Deed Tome" is that is supposed to be on sale gets fixed... might be more useful to put something not so specific on sale for Yule I'd suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    IThe one you buy from the trainer also has a level 89 requirement (which makes sense), so you shouldn't see this in the store at all if your level is lower..... unless the store version is lower level.

Seems a weird thing to put in the store, unless it is something totally different and not what I at all think it is....
    Ahh, this might be the issue for me then, my highest level character is only 65 currently, so if the tome does have a level 89 restriction the store could just be filtering it on me.

Yes, it does seem a strange thing to sell though, outside of the Aria of Valor package... who was the intended audience I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Eidola View Post
    Yes, it does seem a strange thing to sell though, outside of the Aria of Valor package... who was the intended audience I wonder?
    My guess?

Since people who have done Valar can get it for "free" (a few silver or so...) from a trainer vendor, this might be a way to bypass a bunch of deeds and epic quests in Rohan by buying your way out of them, as I believe that is all that rohan deed thing does when you buy it from the trainer.

I'm going to have to log on to my mains on Arkenstone tonight to check on it.

I like the 50% off on reputation accelleration tomes though, just when I needed some on Anor!
    -----

That Tome plus the Gondor Deed Tome and Class Deed Tomes come with the Aria of the Valar. You get 3 Trait Points from it. A detailed description is found here:

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...-_Rohan_Quests

The main article on Trait Points discusses the entire topic thoroughly including the Aria and the three Tomes and what they provide.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Class_Trait_Point
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    That Tome plus the Gondor Deed Tome and Class Deed Tomes come with the Aria of the Valar.
    Yep, that is all I could find about the Tome as well... however, according to SSG that tome is on sale right now for 75% off.

This was the point of my entire post... what is this Tome, outside of the Aria of Valar, and does it do the same thing? I can't see it in the store, and anything I search for online just returns information about the Aria, nothing about a standalone Tome you can buy.

Just a bit confusing, and as I mentioned perhaps something with broader appeal would have been better for a 75% off Yule weekly sale?

For LoTRO Store Description:
    "Using this Rohan Deed Tome will automatically complete a particular subset of Rohan Quests and Deeds which grant trait points. Quests affected: *The Road to Dunharrow *All Roads Lead Back to Aldburg *To Helm's Deep *Promotion Points 1 *Promotion Points 2."

But, after I used it, it doesn't give you the Promotion Points 1 & 2. Thought it was suppose to give you the 200 Promotion Points for Epic Battles, but I didn't. Some players say it's suppose to give you the 200 Promotion Points, but I found this to be not true. Plus it also doesn't appear to complete the Epic - Vol III Books going through Helm's Deep either, keep that in mind, so you must still do the Rohan Helm's Deep Epic Battles.
    Contacted a GM about the promotion points issue(5 hours in-game wait for VIP paying subscribers, sad), just for them to quickly respond "not their problem" issue and close the ticket within a minute without offering any help or why I didn't get the promotion points, so you won't get any help from SSG about it either as a paying subscriber(VIP). /sigh
    At least I only wasted 495lp on this while on sale, won't waste my LP on my other 10 toons for this Tome. Would have hated to lose 1995lp at full price for it and make this awful discovery.
    Beware if you are considering getting it, it doesn't offer what is promised in store description. Or at least it didn't for me.

I believe it just gives you the 2 trait points that are tied to promotion points, not the promotion points themselves. Just like you get the trait points tied to doing Rohan quests without getting the quest rewards. Could be wrong though.

It should probably give you 7 trait points, unless you've already gotten some in rohan.
    44 Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    I believe it just gives you the 2 trait points that are tied to promotion points, not the promotion points themselves. Just like you get the trait points tied to doing Rohan quests without getting the quest rewards. Could be wrong though.
    OK, that does make sense, but the store description was misleading to me then. The way it's worded, it sounds like Promotional Points included. They should reword the store description from "*Promotion Points 1, *Promotion Points 2", to "includes trait points from Promotion Points 1 & 2, not promotion points." Might of helped me to not misread it.

Thanks again for your response, greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Smapper View Post
    It should probably give you 7 trait points, unless you've already gotten some in rohan.
    It was one that hadn't done Rohan yet. I got the 7 trait points, just not the 200 Promotion Points for Epic Battles, but I guess I misunderstood what the store description was stating. I hate starting at zero promotion points for Epic Battles, very hard to solo. I may just skip Epic Battles, nobody does them much anymore anyway. Would of been nice getting the 200 Promotion Points though and been a big help for me to complete the Epic Battles & Volume III Books much easier.

I know I could just buy the Promotion Points, but 10 points for 350lp is too steep of a price I'm willing to pay, especially when they use to only cost 50lp & 100lp when first introduced in the store. If they ever go on-sale for that cheap, I might take a swing at them. But it's not like Epic Battles are required to advance in game, they're optional side stories that can be bypassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwing View Post
    It was one that hadn't done Rohan yet. I got the 7 trait points, just not the 200 Promotion Points for Epic Battles, but I guess I misunderstood what the store description was stating. I hate starting at zero promotion points for Epic Battles, very hard to solo. I may just skip Epic Battles, nobody does them much anymore anyway. Would of been nice getting the 200 Promotion Points though and been a big help for me to complete the Epic Battles & Volume III Books much easier.

I know I could just buy the Promotion Points, but 10 points for 350lp is too steep of a price I'm willing to pay, especially when they use to only cost 50lp & 100lp when first introduced in the store. If they ever go on-sale for that cheap, I might take a swing at them. But it's not like Epic Battles are required to advance in game, they're optional side stories that can be bypassed.
    7 includes the epic battles points, it would be 5 if you didn't get promotional points.
    44 Bulldog

7 includes the epic battles points, it would be 5 if you didn't get promotional points.
    Epic Battles Points, is this the same 200 promotion points? I think I'm getting my wires crossed on the whole, class trait points, epic battle points, promotion points thing. From talking to those in forums and players in World chat, everyone has a different idea/opinion about what is "suppose" to come with the Rohan Deed Tome. Some say I'm supposed to get the 200 promotion points, some don't know, some remember you use to cause they did, some say SSG changed it recently and took it out when they left WB, but failed to change store description. No clear answer.

I Google searched it, plus LoTRO Wiki searched, and found some players who posted pics of what points you're suppose to get, it appears they got their 200 promotion points deed filled AND were able to use them in the Epic Battles tree.

I know I got 11 class trait points(warden tree), because I had 4 points available to spend before using the Rohan Deed Tome and now its jumped to 11, so that's the 7 extra class trait points, correct?
    Under my Epic Battles tree menu, I still have 0 promotion points available, 0 promotion points spent.
    Under the Promotion points from the deeds menu, I do show having 100 points in both Promotion 1 & 2 listed as collected, but shouldn't that 200 points also match the Epic Battles promotional points?
    I've never done Rohan or Epic battles on the toon in question. So I got no points for Epic Battle (Promotion Points) tree menu.

Are the Epic Battle Promotion Points & the Deed Promotion Points different now? On my other toons that have done epic battles already in the past, I recall for each promotion point I made from doing epic battles, it also added those points toward the promotion points deed for the 1 class trait point as well until you reached 100. Does not gaining 200 promotion points on the promotion deed not also give you those 200 promotion points on the Epic Battle tree too? Does it work one way, but not the other?

I hope this made sense, trying to describe it the best I can from what I'm seeing on my screen right now.

It's really weird, it finishes the deed, but you don't get any promotion points I hope this SS puts all your worries to rest:
    44 Bulldog

It's really weird, it finishes the deed, but you don't get any promotion points I hope this SS puts all your worries to rest:
    I think it does. According to your SS, you get 200 Promotion Points in the Deed to give you the 2 class trait points, but you do NOT get the 200 Promotion Points for the Epic Battle tree, even though they're both practically the same thing, which is weird.

Like I said earlier, I'll just skip the Epic Battles(since you don't get the promotion points for the Epic Battles tree), Epic Battles aren't really needed to advance in the game and the frustrations they cause me aren't worth my time and high stress levels. And I'll just avoid the Rohan Deed Tome on any other future created toons.

Thanks.

Well it seems there are two versions of the Tomes. The Rohan one you get with the Aria has three Class Trait Points and does not include the Promotion Points. The one you could buy separately in the Store has five points and it supposed to come with the two Promotion Points ones.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    Well it seems there are two versions of the Tomes. The Rohan one you get with the Aria has three Class Trait Points and does not include the Promotion Points. The one you could buy separately in the Store has five points and it supposed to come with the two Promotion Points ones.
    That's not true at all, the aria one is the same as this one, here is an SS from my aria toon. If you have an issue, I would recommend consulting a gm
    Last edited by Smapper; Dec 21 2018 at 12:33 AM.
    44 Bulldog

Can only speak about the Deed Tome that comes with the 105 Valar package. There it completes your deeds (that's why it's called a deed tome) but doesn't give you all you would need to complete the deed. Maybe I can clarifiy how this works with class deeds: There are 8 tiers of class deed meta deeds, each requiring you to fulfill 3 class deeds to earn 1 trait point. The Valar deed package completes these meta deeds for you so you get the 8 trait points, but it doesn't complete the individual class deeds, leaving them open for you so you can earn the Lotro points associated with them. It's the same with the promotion points. There are 2 deeds called "Promotion Points 1" and "Promotion Points 2" which are completed upon using the tome, but it doesn't give you the necessary promotion points which you can earn later by doing Epic Battles.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

I have no issue at all.

With the Aria, the Promotion Points come with the Class Deed Tome and not the Rohan Tome. I have used Arias and never the independent seperate Store Rohan and Gondor Deed Tomes. I would never buy those Tomes from the Store. Characters that I have that used the Aria, other than the Main I am playing, have used all three Tomes.

My Main did not use the Rohan or Gondor Tomes just the Class Deed Tome. That Character does have the Promotion Points. I am going through the Quests directly to pick up the Class Trait Points for Rohan and Gondor. Did Rohan quite a while ago and just started slogging my way through Gondor the other night.
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Rohan Deed Tome Rip Off

Avoid buying the Rohan Deed Tome it is expensive costing 1995 points yet it only gives you half the Rohan quest line trait points. Big waste of money