We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Upcoming patch Burglar Class changes:

Here is the notes link: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes

Here is the text of Burglar Class changes:

Burglar
    • Reveal Weakness's cooldown has been reduced from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.
    • Find Footing ONLY performs a CC break. The cooldown has been reduced to 120 seconds; Combat State breakouts for other classes have a much shorter cooldown. The Burglar needed its skill aligned, but for balance purposes we had to remove the bonus application of the "Touch and Go" effect.
    • Touch and Go: Restores 50% Morale, +25% Evade Chance, +15% Physical Mitigation, +15% Tactical Mitigation. Duration reduced to 10 seconds; Evade is not as helpful as direct mitigation in instances and raids, so we wanted to balance out some of the defensive bonuses. We also upped the heal from 25% of Max Morale to 50% because Burglar's medium armour makes them susceptible to big hits.
    • Debuff Duration from Burglar Skill "All In" reduced from 15 seconds --> 10 seconds.
    • Yellow Line Trait Opportunism damage increased.
    • "Reveal Weakness" Imbued Legacy now caps at 7.5% at Rank 64. This legacy has become overgrown, and for the sake of Instance and Raid balance it needs to be trimmed back some.
    • Skill "Reveal Weakness" no longer stacks.
    • Skill "Reveal Weakness" now debuffs target Finesse, Critical Defence, and Resistance as part of the base skill.
    • The Gambler Set Bonus "Reveal Weakness" now increases its namesake skill's Finesse Debuff by 50%.
    • The Quiet Knife Set Bonus "Reveal Weakness" now increases its namesake skill's Critical Defence Debuff by 50%.
    • The Mischief-maker Set Bonus "Reveal Weakness" now increases its namesake skill's Resistance Debuff by 50%.
    • Imbued Legacy "Reveal Weakness Incoming Damage" now enhances Reveal Weakness debuff ratings for Critical Defence, Resistance, and Finesse starting at rank 65.
    • Skill damage and DoT damage increased. With reveal weakness decreasing in potency, Burglar damage needed to increase to compensate.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

One liner in a way of reaction: "Let's keep our fingers crossed" Especially that this one makes it into the live server:

"Skill damage and DoT damage increased. With reveal weakness decreasing in potency, Burglar damage needed to increase to compensate."

Burglar changes came in in a host of big nice changes. It's a good update.

However, the feeling from this thread is that Burglar offence / defense (currently before this update) just does not scale up to be current with the end game.

Also there are many redundant parts to the burglar as well as bugs that should get attention. An example: Ability to trigger Fellowship Maneuver is a major Burg's ability, as it stands now in the game FM is not really used. It should scale up to become viable or be replaced with something that can be used.

Burglar class needs attention to become relevant as melee class it is, through attention to its melee as well as it's debuffs. Our melee is possibly slowest in the game (our fastest attack is 3 sec cooldown and it x3 times slower then hunter RK and minstrel - all of these classes are also ranged, which allows them to escape melee range of many encounters) and we have range on our debuffs at best 4 timer shorter and at times 20 times shorter then actual debuffing class. This makes Burglar, very much in need of attention / work.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

Musings.

FM triggers become 10s stuns that cannot be resisted >=L80, the last time you needed them was Draigoch, maybe this is a toggleable switch in case you feel the need to revisit the old red worm. It would be a nice and fun alternative for them to be a disarm, but that may be hard to write in.

There have already been comments suggesting that the dps improvements are not compatible with the debuff reductions, perhaps a few more parsews because that's a big thing given that for some end game content we seem to have little purpose other than debuffs.

Skills cooldowns, just reduce them on attacks. Burgs are supposed to be quick and we are sluggish.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

"Skill damage and DoT damage increased. With reveal weakness decreasing in potency, Burglar damage needed to increase to compensate."

So, let me get this straight... It's already hard enough to get invites to group content on a burg and the devs decided to nerf a skill that benefits the group and then they placate us with an increase in our individual damage contribution? This is rich! Solid update /sarcasm.

As an aside - another legacy I wasted a ton of scrolls and resources on. Add to the list of why LI's are a trash concept.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 (active) Mini < RETIRED // ACTIVE > Ursamajor Beorn // Babayaga LM // Schmartone Burg // (Anor)

On the face of it, these changes do not make me feel good about my poor burg. And they make me bloody frustrated at the effort put into RW legacy which now doesn't seem worth it. Could we at some point be made relevant as a class again please?
    Blaize, Ellorien, Melica, Rhedyn, Finriel, Aerynna, Merywen, Faelarth, and Tathriel, wandering the shores of Middle Earth.

Horrible update. I play one main toon and am not inclined to ever level up another one. I have already cancelled my sub over this. If the burg gets patched and fixed, maybe I'll come back. But I am not paying for this piece of sh!t update.