We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Returning player crafting question

Hey guys,

I have been out of the game a long time......since right after Mirkwood dropped. Where do I need to go to get the base recipes for supreme crafting? I have looked for lists of vendors, but can’t find anything outside drops and the herald moth guild. Is there a vendor for base items like there was for master and below?
    Dartagdolan R4 Elf-Hunter Landroval

You don't say what craft or what you're looking for exactly so the best I can do is point you here - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Master_Recipe_Index - which lists all the recipes and with a bit of clicking you can find where to get them and what they require (and where to get that, usually). They changed crafting quite a bit with, I think, Helms Deep. Tin, for example, is now bought from a Supplier rather than made by a Prospector, so you may be looking for things that no longer exist.

I have no idea what the "herald moth guild" is.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccleoud View Post
    Hey guys,

I have been out of the game a long time......since right after Mirkwood dropped. Where do I need to go to get the base recipes for supreme crafting? I have looked for lists of vendors, but can’t find anything outside drops and the herald moth guild. Is there a vendor for base items like there was for master and below?
    I've gotten some as drops. You can buy some from your craft guild if you are a member buy you need craft guild access beyond apprentice. You can get craft guild access on sale in store right now for 236 LP per guild (applies to entire account). You have it if you are subscribed to VIP. I don't know if you can get any anywhere else.

also i believe you are always a few levels below the level of the resources you need. the resource ingredients such as wood you need to make gear on your level can only be acquired in areas several levels above your level. So basically, unless you get resources from elsewhere, you will often be geared for a few levels below the mobs you are fighting.

the exception of course is with the farming/cooking.
    I'm only level 50ish, so I don't know how different it is at higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    You don't say what craft or what you're looking for exactly so the best I can do is point you here - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Master_Recipe_Index - which lists all the recipes and with a bit of clicking you can find where to get them and what they require (and where to get that, usually). They changed crafting quite a bit with, I think, Helms Deep. Tin, for example, is now bought from a Supplier rather than made by a Prospector, so you may be looking for things that no longer exist.

I have no idea what the "herald moth guild" is.

Thank you. I have supreme metalworking and tailoring complete (Love the new processing piece) and only have recipes for the base level 51 items for all three.
    Dartagdolan R4 Elf-Hunter Landroval

Humanoids (orcs goblins undead) in Moria/Lothlorien/Mirkwood drop recipe scrolls a lot. There are also many single use recipes, scrolls can be bartered for marks or Loth/Mirk currency. Also many recipes are barters in Loth/Mirk.