We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question for Producer/Organizer of Weatherstock

Hi!

Was wondering if, at Weatherstock there is a stage for solo performers? An elevated place or stage instead of the grass, that we can do a set of maybe 10 songs at a time or maybe 20 minute blocks.

If not, have you ever considered a special stage for this? People would sign up in the same process as bands do. Reserved space.
    Lifetime VIP Founder's Box

I have only been to weatherstock 3 years, since the server merge, but it is my understanding that bands have to have at least 4 band players, preferably not alts. There are generally enough bands applying to enter Weatherstock that to allow fewer band players per band would make the whole process more lengthy. I doubt that the organizer in Lonely Mountain Band want to add more hours to already long week-ends for the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannariel View Post
    I have only been to weatherstock 3 years, since the server merge, but it is my understanding that bands have to have at least 4 band players, preferably not alts. There are generally enough bands applying to enter Weatherstock that to allow fewer band players per band would make the whole process more lengthy. I doubt that the organizer in Lonely Mountain Band want to add more hours to already long week-ends for the event.
    This is correct. Bands at Weatherstock (in July) must have at least 4 band players. And by nature, Weatherstock is a BAND competition. As for a stage, at the summit there is a nice pile of rocks that has long served as a stage. It elevates the bands for sight and fives a good focal point for streamers.

There has been some recent consideration of the prospect of a separate show devoted to solo/duo acts. But with planning for Weatherstock in the summer and Winterstock in the winter it is sort of simmering on the back burner right now.
    Last edited by Aedon; Dec 10 2018 at 04:38 PM.
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care