We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

post Mordor quest packs

Hello, i would like to make a question and i believe this is the best place in the forum to do so here goes:

I recently bought mordor and im now close to finish it and since im not VIP and quite poor when it comes to LP i would like to know which quest packs are more important for me now.

should i buy "the legacy of the Necromancer" or can i skip it and buy only "where dragons dwell"? besides the quests what would i lose if i didnt buy "the legacy of the necromancer"?

the second question is related to old anorien quest pack, i skipped it entirelly and only now found out that it has some daily quests in minas tirith that are the best way to get scrolls of empowerment so my question is am i missing too much in not buying that quest pack or should i buy it to get those dailys? and if i do will i have to do the quest pack from the beggining to get to those dailys or can i skip part of the story line?

TLDR: as a player no finishing moria already at lv 115 what quests pack will be more valuable to me between old anorien, where dragon dwell and the legacy of the necromancer (assuming im only buying 2)

That sort of depends on how you like to play.

Legacy of Necromancer is a great area lore-wise, we get to see Felegoth, Dale, Lake-town. Quests are enjoyable as even though they're easy compared to Mordor, some parts/instances aren't a total walk-in-the-park. Where Dragons Dwell is the current endgame, with level cap raise and a bit of a mess stat-wise due to recent changes. I found it very easy if slightly boring and breezed through still wearing my old lvl 115 set - I don't group though so can only speak about landscape/dailies.

Skipping a zone means you can't continue Black Book of Mordor which is interesting and gives nice rewards. U22 dailies award Motes of Enchantement which are no longer end-game barter currency(still plenty of items to barter for with them).

Old Anorien dailies are indeed the best way of getting scrolls since CoS nerf - you need Kindred standing to open them though and the storyline includes lots of running around Minas Tirith doing mundane tasks .

If you think you could use an LI upgrade/want to keep your LI up to date, buy Old Anorien for dailies. If you want to jump into end-game, go for the latest quest pack. If you're in no hurry, get the previous zone.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

old anorien for the scrolls n legacy of necromancer for the black book of mordor
    buy the where dragon dwells in the future or when you can........ end game is silly atm.......... i ve stopped doing it on my mains n lvl up a new toon
    20 years lotr enthousiast, 11 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Ty both for the replys. Wont black book of mordor work like epic does so that i can still do it even i dont have that zone Quest pack?

Quote Originally Posted by joaothehunter View Post
    Ty both for the replys. Wont black book of mordor work like epic does so that i can still do it even i dont have that zone Quest pack?
    Apparently not - my alt is at chapter 7.1 of Black Book and can't pick up chapter 8.1 in the latest zone.

Quote Originally Posted by joaothehunter View Post
    Yes, if you own the Mordor xpac, you can do the Black Book in both the new regions even if you don't own the region yet. Not sure why the previous poster is having difficulty getting the quest because you do have access to it; perhaps a bug report?

Edit: I'm pretty sure there are quests between Black Book 7.1 and 8.1; you may need to complete those before getting the 8.1 one, Kadurru.

Quote Originally Posted by SharlaSedai View Post
    Yes, if you own the Mordor xpac, you can do the Black Book in both the new regions even if you don't own the region yet. Not sure why the previous poster is having difficulty getting the quest because you do have access to it; perhaps a bug report?

Edit: I'm pretty sure there are quests between Black Book 7.1 and 8.1; you may need to complete those before getting the 8.1 one, Kadurru.
    Sorry for the confusion, I somehow read the OP's last question completely wrong.

What I meant was that you have to do BB chapters in order, one after another and can't just start a new chapter without finishing the previous one. Thanks for correction Sharla.