We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Tailor guild and mote questions

Hi all.

I'm currently engaging two aspects of gameplay I really haven't done before, the tailor's guild and mote of enchantments. I don't know much about either one. I checked out the mote vendor near the Boar Fountain and saw that I need to have Westerment rep with the tailor's guild in order to use the recipes for motes. This is my first time with the tailor's guild. I went to the guild hall in Esteldin and talked to the npcs there, and that's where I am.

Could some kind soul please tell me the does and don'ts of both the tailor's guild and motes and how to efficiently play both?

My tailor is currently at the Doomfold tier.

Thanks!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Hi all.

I'm currently engaging two aspects of gameplay I really haven't done before, the tailor's guild and mote of enchantments. I don't know much about either one. I checked out the mote vendor near the Boar Fountain and saw that I need to have Westerment rep with the tailor's guild in order to use the recipes for motes. This is my first time with the tailor's guild. I went to the guild hall in Esteldin and talked to the npcs there, and that's where I am.

Could some kind soul please tell me the does and don'ts of both the tailor's guild and motes and how to efficiently play both?

My tailor is currently at the Doomfold tier.
    Going up in a crafting guild is only a matter of crafting the guild items (have different cooldowns) and to use it for to get reputation. For Tailors its "patterns". Craft it daily and you will go up in reputation with the guild, in your Guild Hall you can to purchase guild recipes or exchange special crafted items for legendary items relics.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Tailor%27s_Guild-hall

About the motes, it are the old "ash", you collect it disenchanting items with the "flame of ancalamir" (all introduced with Mordor expansion).

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Motes_of_Enchantment

First thing check the barter vendors with motes for to know if there are items you have interest, if not, have not too much sense in to collect motes. I dont know your characters levels, but the end game item equivalent to motes is "embers" and for cosmetic purchases, the "figments".

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...of_Enchantment

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...s_of_Splendour

Best way right now for to collect figments are the festivals.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

First, guild.
    You need to buy up all guild emblem recipes.
    You need to craft "emblems" from recipe tiers 3-9
    Tiers 3 and 4 only have small and medium emblems
    Tiers 5+ also have large emblems.
    Small emblems have one day, medium emblems 3 day, large emblems one week cooldown.
    Once you craft emblems, you use them like any other rep item (click on them) to gain guild rep. This rep can be accelerated like any other rep.

Assuming on day 1 you craft every single emblem possible, and then craft small ones daily, medium on days 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22 and large on days 8, 15, 22, you will max guild rep on day 22.

Shopping list:
    Brushed leathers:
    92 sturdy
    130 pristine
    208 exceptional
    72 each magnificent-eorlingas
    Also 28 glazed and 12 finished each magnificent-eorlingas.

Yes it is kinda grindy, we are compressing into days what people would do over years. But good news is, once you have the materials, it will take you 5 min tops each day.

Once you get guild standings you can access various exclusive recipes. Sadly, past westemnet, guilds were severely neglected.

Part 2: getting motes.
    You will need to harvest 21 black adamant shards from Mordor for that weekly1000-mote turn-in. Best place for that used to be being 115+ and going to Udun and just pop the chests abundant in some areas. At 115, almost everything grey, and best area is Mornaur (SW corner of Udun). Though I heard conflicting reports about shard drop rate.

Best option for motes, I would imagine, would be finishing Mordor quest chains and running expedition dailies. If they award 300 motes whenever before they awarded a key, then you will get 200 motes per day, guaranteed. Unlocking North Strongholds dailies is another easy 100 motes/day. Of course, if you are at that stage, you probably want to finish Dwarf-holds quests so you can earn embers at 120 instead. Though you can still pop over to Mordor/Dale to get them motes for alts.

Hey, thanks so much guys! Much appreciated!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

The Flame of Ancalamir was that given to all servers? Reason I ask is the only server I have it on is Anor not my regular server.
    I dance for cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMcDermott View Post
    The Flame of Ancalamir was that given to all servers? Reason I ask is the only server I have it on is Anor not my regular server.

They gave it to people on the legendary servers because those couldn't get to Mordor. But you can buy the flame from the shop at all the motes/ember barterers now and not just those elf smiths in Mordor.

The recipes for the motes are sold at the questgiver for the weekly motes quest and not just in Mordor.

Guess that is the same now on all servers, but don't know about legendary as I don't play there.
    Last edited by Derquin; Dec 08 2018 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Additional info
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm