We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
  1. #1

    So, the legacy bundle is to Lifetime Subscription

    as the Legendary servers are to the 'just like it used to be' servers that folks have been asking for in these forums?

    In the sense that it's not quite what we wanted because reasons, but close enough that there ought to be a fair amount of interest. It's an interesting experiment, at the least. It could use a clarification on those quest packls, though: Is the deal that you get expansion content (the quest pack version, or what would be the QP version if there was one) during the year of VIP that's part of the package (usually we don't get expansion stuff with VIP), or do you effectively have all the listed quest packs once that VIP expires?

    It does seem like a decent value, at least for a newer player (diminishing with however much of that an older player already has).

    For reference: https://www.lotro.com/en/LegacyBundle

    Edit: I also wanted to say I thought it was a nice touch to add the goat mount, remembering my first time into Moria. It's just all around a good collection of stuff.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Moln View Post
    as the Legendary servers are to the 'just like it used to be' servers that folks have been asking for in these forums?

    In the sense that it's not quite what we wanted because reasons, but close enough that there ought to be a fair amount of interest. It's an interesting experiment, at the least. It could use a clarification on those quest packls, though: Is the deal that you get expansion content (the quest pack version, or what would be the QP version if there was one) during the year of VIP that's part of the package (usually we don't get expansion stuff with VIP), or do you effectively have all the listed quest packs once that VIP expires?

    It does seem like a decent value, at least for a newer player (diminishing with however much of that an older player already has).

    For reference: https://www.lotro.com/en/LegacyBundle

    Edit: I also wanted to say I thought it was a nice touch to add the goat mount, remembering my first time into Moria. It's just all around a good collection of stuff.

    Whole lot more to it than a mere lifetime subscription. All I got from the lifetime sub was avoiding the monthly sub cost.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
    Whole lot more to it than a mere lifetime subscription. All I got from the lifetime sub was avoiding the monthly sub cost.
    ... and 500 LP per month, enabling you to buy a TON of stuff for no additional cost ...
    A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won

  4. #4
    That's going to be a hard pass.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,934
    The legacy bundle won't help with future content though. At least the lifetime sub does that. Expansions have never been included with VIP and still aren't. The legacy bundle basically just gets you caught up.

    And it's definitely all the quest pack stuff once VIP expires. Most of it does little good until after that 1 year is up, because VIP already gives the non-expac quest packs. By the time that year is up we'll undoubtedly have new quest pack content. VIP sometimes goes on sale when bought a year at a time. So hypothetically we could say half the cost of the legacy bundle is the VIP (~$100). So then it's a matter of how much value can be attributed to all the quest packs and the fluff.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    ... and 500 LP per month, enabling you to buy a TON of stuff for no additional cost ...
    Not so. When I bought my lifetime subscription, there were no such things as LP.

    LP per month came later, and was a benefit to all subscribers, not just lifers. I would get the 500 LP even if I never bought the lifetime sub and continued paying a monthly subscription, which I would have. So I cannot count the 500 LP as a benefit for buying the lifetime subscription.

    In any event, it's a wash, because the 500 LP is included with the subscription purchased with this package.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    The legacy bundle won't help with future content though. At least the lifetime sub does that. Expansions have never been included with VIP and still aren't. The legacy bundle basically just gets you caught up.

    And it's definitely all the quest pack stuff once VIP expires. Most of it does little good until after that 1 year is up, because VIP already gives the non-expac quest packs. By the time that year is up we'll undoubtedly have new quest pack content. VIP sometimes goes on sale when bought a year at a time. So hypothetically we could say half the cost of the legacy bundle is the VIP (~$100). So then it's a matter of how much value can be attributed to all the quest packs and the fluff.

    To be clear, as a lifer I still have to buy future expansions, just like a monthly sub VIP. There is no difference. Lifetime sub = monthly sub as far as future content goes. (If I misinterpreted what you were saying, I apologize in advance.)

    As to whether the cost is worthwhile for the additional items, I can't say. That's an individual choice.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
    To be clear, as a lifer I still have to buy future expansions, just like a monthly sub VIP. There is no difference. Lifetime sub = monthly sub as far as future content goes. (If I misinterpreted what you were saying, I apologize in advance.)

    As to whether the cost is worthwhile for the additional items, I can't say. That's an individual choice.
    Oh no I wasn't disagreeing with that. I was disagreeing with the OP's assertion that this legacy bundle is comparable to the lifetime subscription. The legacy bundle only catches people up, it doesn't help with future content, and like VIPs (including lifers) does not include the actual expansions, past or future. Expansion quest pack != expansions (and in this case, it's the legacy bundle providing those quests, not the VIP that you get for a year). VIP/lifer only gets us future non-expac content.

    For me it is not worth it. I already have access to the vast majority for it on my main account and have no use for most of it on my mule account. If I was a new player, this would quite possibly be a huge bargain, just as RoI Legendary was for me. It's just a much harder sell to someone who's been playing for a long time and has most of it already.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  9. #9
    So it seems like this is a little different than buying all the expansion quest packs, because I think those quest packs don't usually include the instances from the expansions. And it's a little different than buying VIP, because you still have access to *all* the quests after VIP expires, if you choose to go non-VIP after a year. I think.

    But it looks like all the extras from actual expansions aren't included, such as skirmish traits, Runekeeper/Warden, Mounted Combat, etc.

    I am a new player, so this is tempting. But, as a new player I'm not 100% sure that I'll still be playing in a year, so $200 is a tough sell. I wonder if this isn't meant to appeal to players looking to create a fully functional second account.

  10. #10
    As a lifetime sub and supporter of the game who has bought all the expansions as they came out, sure would have been nice to have been offered a chance to buy a reduced cost pack of just the bonus items. Sure I could buy them all separately on the market but it would have been nice to have felt like they considered the people who support them too. :/

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Oh no I wasn't disagreeing with that. I was disagreeing with the OP's assertion that this legacy bundle is comparable to the lifetime subscription. The legacy bundle only catches people up, it doesn't help with future content, and like VIPs (including lifers) does not include the actual expansions, past or future. Expansion quest pack != expansions (and in this case, it's the legacy bundle providing those quests, not the VIP that you get for a year). VIP/lifer only gets us future non-expac content..
    Even in the sense that Lifetime Subscriptions = what we asked for, and Legacy Bundle = what we got?

    I've seen a (probably more) thread in these forums about a do it yourself Lifetime Subscription for $200 in (at the time) TP and it seemed to my recollection similar to this bundle (though the bundle has a bunch more goodies and actual VIP time to cover the unlocks that folks usually fret about).

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfbdf View Post
    So it seems like this is a little different than buying all the expansion quest packs, because I think those quest packs don't usually include the instances from the expansions. And it's a little different than buying VIP, because you still have access to *all* the quests after VIP expires, if you choose to go non-VIP after a year. I think.

    But it looks like all the extras from actual expansions aren't included, such as skirmish traits, Runekeeper/Warden, Mounted Combat, etc.

    I am a new player, so this is tempting. But, as a new player I'm not 100% sure that I'll still be playing in a year, so $200 is a tough sell. I wonder if this isn't meant to appeal to players looking to create a fully functional second account.



    I'd say it is something in between. Offering a "bait" to different kind of player groups to invest in the game and hopefully stay "hooked". And use the monthly LP from the VIP sub to buy what extras one misses. As others have stated there were quite some requests for getting 100% of the game recently.

    Normal Mounted Combat is part of the Epic, just light and heavy warsteed come with the Rohan Expansion. But you can buy them separately. As you can the classes etc. if you really want them.


    Depending on playstyle, already purchased things and other preferences I think the content is ok but the one year sub isn't something I would normally go for on a second account as I can't say how much time I will have to play. So I rather sub from time to time for a month or three, most of the time on more than one account. For the rest of the time I prefer to take my time going through the purchased QP and expansions.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm
    From: Crichton, Michael. Jurassic Park

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,665
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTobris View Post
    As a lifetime sub and supporter of the game who has bought all the expansions as they came out, sure would have been nice to have been offered a chance to buy a reduced cost pack of just the bonus items. Sure I could buy them all separately on the market but it would have been nice to have felt like they considered the people who support them too. :/
    Yes, some of those frills are pretty tempting, but I'm afraid the price is too high for me, because all I'd get, is the frills (though it's a really nice deal for players that don't own that content). I'm an active subber, who has already purchased all the playable content. I even bought Mordor - twice (base pack at launch and Ultimate in the sale). A similar pack, containing the year's VIP with the frills, I'd buy straight away though. Likewise, a pack with nothing but the frills, would be good for you.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    20
    So, I'm trying to understand this...I'm a VIP, but I have not bought any of the expansions (other than Angmar). If I buy this bundle, would I continue to have access to the included expansions after the 1 year is up?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Maybury Hill
    Posts
    185
    It looks a good deal to me, if you’re the kind of person who’s got £160 to blow on one game in one go. I couldn’t justify it, having a family to pay for! And I’ve already bought all the expansions and all the QPs up to Far Anorien. I’m not VIP, but I sub for a month now and again when I need to. But then Christmas is approaching and if people have the cash from granny etc...

    Only thing I noticed is it includes quest packs for the expansions, not the full expansion, which is a bit of a shame. Would have been better value with this, even instead of some of the minor extras.
    Last edited by TheArtilleryman; Dec 07 2018 at 03:32 AM.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

  16. #16
    Well to all those who wanted the lifetime package back.... let see you put your wallet where your mouth was....

    At this stage of the game they can't really offer a "lifetime" package because of all the "cash grab" mentality folks who would make thirty threads entitled "Legacy Bundle fails!!"
    So, they are cute and actually offer something that you can use now and up until the game expires. Yes, there will be future content that will not be included. But guess what? Save up your 12x500lp - 6000lp - and that will get you all the intermediate quest packs up to the next expac, which everyone pays for.

    Of course when the cynics wake up, they will call foul. Maintenance mode is coming - We're all doomed....... Do us a favor and stay sleeping
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,665
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    It looks a good deal to me, if you’re the kind of person who’s got £160 to blow on one game in one go. I couldn’t justify it, having a family to pay for! And I’ve already bought all the expansions and all the QPs up to Far Anorien. I’m not VIP, but I sub for a month now and again when I need to. But then Christmas is approaching and if people have the cash from granny etc...

    Only thing I noticed is it includes quest packs for the expansions, not the full expansion, which is a bit of a shame. Would have been better value with this, even instead of some of the minor extras.
    Small print at the bottom of the content included list . . .

    *Excludes expansion pre-order or bonus items, includes only Quests, Instances, Raids, Deeds

    So, its not just quests.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Decidion View Post
    So, I'm trying to understand this...I'm a VIP, but I have not bought any of the expansions (other than Angmar). If I buy this bundle, would I continue to have access to the included expansions after the 1 year is up?
    I can't say 100% (but I'm sure Cordovan could, so maybe send him a message), but this pack comes as a code, which you apply to your account in game - which activates all the content. I'd say, that's probably a permanent thing. The VIP of course, would expire a year later, but I doubt access to the content would. We get access to the content with a normal yearly sub, so, I guess this would have to be different.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Snowbourn
    Posts
    616
    I am not against it, i would buy something like that too but...
    I am lifetimer, I already bought all expansions... i am not against spend few bucks (20$) here and there, but curently there is nothing i can spend my money on, and the price tag is high too. I understand that target audience for this bundle is not me, but you should think about it You should make some exlusive outfit bundles or something...

    You are F2P game but there is no way (doesnt mean i dont want to) i can support it with money (and please dont want for me to spend real money on something like legendary items, i try to avoid to P2W)

    Commander Liliam - the Warden
    Evernight

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I can't say 100% (but I'm sure Cordovan could, so maybe send him a message), but this pack comes as a code, which you apply to your account in game - which activates all the content. I'd say, that's probably a permanent thing. The VIP of course, would expire a year later, but I doubt access to the content would. We get access to the content with a normal yearly sub, so, I guess this would have to be different.
    The way this is worded it does seem to suggest that the purchaser gets all quests, instances, raids, deeds, and regions permanently plus vip perks for one year. After that year is up then the account is no longer a vip account unless a new sub is purchased. The only thing I see different from a Lifetime account is getting the continuation of the free 500 LP and access to all new quest packs. Although, one could argue that the accumulated 6000 LP over a years time could be used to purchase future quest packs for years to come.

    This deal is about as close as it can get to the original Lifetime offer with some added perks, e.g., mithril coins, wallet, mounts, etc.. Not to mention all previous xpac quests, instances, raids and deed material not originally available to Lifers unless purchased later.

    If this is indeed the case...then it is a great deal for new folks who haven't yet purchased most of the Lotro content of for those wishing to add another fully loaded account.

    Plus, this will get those who purchase the bundle access to the Legendary servers for at least one year (due to the included vip subscription).

    Granted, $199.00 US is prolly steep for some but in the long run it will more than pay for itself. The fact that SSG is only offering this for a limited time (thru Dec. 16) suggests that they are hoping to get a fair amount of immediate cash without giving too much away to hurt them long term.

    If I didn't alrdy own most of the content on several accounts I would personally jump on this.

    Welden
    Last edited by welden; Dec 07 2018 at 05:33 AM.
    Welden of Elendilmir

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Madrid Spain
    Posts
    223
    The listed quest packs alone currently cost around 24,000 LP (I could not find a quest-only Helm's Deep pack). You also get minimum 6,965 LP worth of Crystals and another 24,000 LP worth of cosmetics (and boosts) on top of those. I don't know the US prices, but with 150€ for 22,000 LP and 90€ for 1 year VIP, it seems a great deal to me - if you really get permanent account wide access to all quest packs to date.

    If you lose access when the subscription is over, that's another story. It would depend on how much you need the fluff.
    Last edited by DieLaFuzz; Dec 07 2018 at 07:09 AM.
    Koti || Edoram || Naemanor || Hamberadan || Margia || Belegmellon || Khimi || Thederwen || Granetia || Stanno || Calendol || Gamilaban || Uibalion of Laurelin

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    33
    Compared to other MMOs it is still way too expensive to get all content up until now. I would like this bundle if there was dynamic pricing, because the more content you already bought, the worse this deal becomes.

  23. #23
    It's nothing for long time players who already own the expansions packs like me. SSG why not do a second package for the long time players which has more Mithril Coins in it, and lets say 2 years VIP instead of the expansions. Then we would have a deal.

    On the other hand, if you are new to the game, 200 bucks has to be well considered. After all this is a really old game. ;P

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by welden View Post
    The way this is worded it does seem to suggest that the purchaser gets all quests, instances, raids, deeds, and regions permanently plus vip perks for one year. After that year is up then the account is no longer a vip account unless a new sub is purchased. The only thing I see different from a Lifetime account is getting the continuation of the free 500 LP and access to all new quest packs. Although, one could argue that the accumulated 6000 LP over a years time could be used to purchase future quest packs for years to come.

    This deal is about as close as it can get to the original Lifetime offer with some added perks, e.g., mithril coins, wallet, mounts, etc.. Not to mention all previous xpac quests, instances, raids and deed material not originally available to Lifers unless purchased later.

    If this is indeed the case...then it is a great deal for new folks who haven't yet purchased most of the Lotro content of for those wishing to add another fully loaded account.

    Plus, this will get those who purchase the bundle access to the Legendary servers for at least one year (due to the included vip subscription).

    Granted, $199.00 US is prolly steep for some but in the long run it will more than pay for itself. The fact that SSG is only offering this for a limited time (thru Dec. 16) suggests that they are hoping to get a fair amount of immediate cash without giving too much away to hurt them long term.

    If I didn't alrdy own most of the content on several accounts I would personally jump on this.

    Welden
    Yeah, this one definitely needs some clarification. I'm not getting "permanent" out of that write up at all. It looks like the standard 1 year sub, with some added bling. They should definitely clarify whether access is permanent or not.

  25. #25
    I instantly ignore any "Get it while its hot!" offers. I spend my money on my time not a limited offer of time. Any promotional offer should be for any time.

    I already own all the content, so this is an empty offer to me. The fluff is just that which may have a value on some personal level, yet again for me I prefer to play the game to gain what I want.


    Legendary servers are at one month so this is clearly pointed to new players existing on those servers. The populations on the new servers have dropped significantly and the old original servers haven't rebounded as a result of the intro of the LS and their slow decline. So I'm wondering who is going to purchase this. Players who aren't playing? Then come the same time next year what can be offered? Anyone who does purchase this will already have all the up to current content for the LS even if it hasn't been unlocked by SSG?


    In conclusion, this time limited offer seems strange because it only has limited value on several fronts. Also knowing once, a time ago this same price bought a Lifetime account means this has an even more diminished value to me.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

    Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload