We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Please fix item targetting (mouse targetting is sometimes VERY hard)

It is noticeable in Helm's Deep instances (the ladders) and the current event in the haunted hobbit hole. Sometimes, targeting objects with a mouse is nearly impossible. You have to set the camera in a certain way, and try to get your mouse cursor in a 5px x 5px area (sometimes even less !!!!!) to be able to interact with an object. It REALLY is infuriating.

Directx 11
    Windows 10
    1440p
    Every settings on max

EDIT : I can make a video showing the problem, if you can't reproduce it. I think fixing/improving this is mandatory before Helm's Deep is available on the legendary servers.
    Last edited by Skael22; Dec 06 2018 at 05:41 PM.

You know you can use the Del key and shift+Del? (Other key combinations may be available.)

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    You know you can use the Del key and shift+Del? (Other key combinations may be available.)
    Can it help interacting with Helm's Deep ladders? Wouldn't you still have to right-click on them to throw them away? (EDIT : That's a genuine, non-sarscastic question)

Even though, a lot of people won't try to find out if there is another way than the mouse to interact. I know beforehand that Helm's Deep instances are a nightmare to do because of this issue. Quite a few people are less patient that I am.
    Last edited by Skael22; Dec 06 2018 at 05:59 PM.

You can use U to interact with objects. There's also a setting in the options that will move you to use a selected object if you're too far away. So, Del then U and you move to the object and use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    You can use U to interact with objects. There's also a setting in the options that will move you to use a selected object if you're too far away. So, Del then U and you move to the object and use it.
    Indeed, thanks for the tip.

Nevertheless, they have to fix this issue for the casual ones. I foresee a lot of ragequit when Helm's Deep is released on the Legendary servers

I've got a pretty fancy mouse - 11 buttons overall that I can assign to whatever I want.

On the side - bottom button front = Delete - for selecting objects. I then modify that button with alt to select next object. Shift-del selects nearest npc, ctrl-del selects next npc (these are all custom keybinds)
    On the side - bottom button middle = U - for using the object or the NPC. shift/ctrl/alt do various other things when combined with U, again, custom keybinds.

I cannot imagine using my mouse to select/use things in the game - simply because so many other things are typically in the way, other players, a mob, bad camera angle, whatever.

If you have a programmable mouse, custom keybinds and button assignments are the way to go if you ask me - I never have problems selecting what I want and using it accordingly.

*except* for the bloody Flet ladders in Lothlorien, those are all jacked up in terms of using DEL to select them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skael22 View Post
    Indeed, thanks for the tip.

Nevertheless, they have to fix this issue for the casual ones. I foresee a lot of ragequit when Helm's Deep is released on the Legendary servers
    I assume(which may be right or wrong obviously) that DEL + U combo is well known and used regardless of playstyle. You either did a bit of research, learned on your own, asked in chat, was given advice by kinnies/random players/in forums.

Legendary servers brought back lots of players that haven't played in a long time - it's often interesting to read their reactions, they may point out things that we're used to but which could be improved. And there are some things one has to learn/relearn at least for now.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013