We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Black adamant shards

Now we need 3 black adamant shards for 1 mote-worthy craft. To complite the quest we also need 7 of that crafts. Okay but where can we get 21 shards? I do not understand. I should walk through Mordor landscape and grind skarn deposits as much as i can only for 1000 embers of enchantment, really? (1 spent 1 hour and got just 2 items. 21 are needed)
    I am sorry, but looks like someone does not respect time of players.

It was worse during Mordor. 3 shards let you daily craft an item that deconned to 40 ash (motes), so 280 ash per week for 21 shards. Now it is 1000? Considering you can get some rather useful stuff at lvl 112 for as low as 70 motes, not too bad.

Oh and real good place is Udun, there are several areas that have fast respawn chests yielding craft materials. They got pretty decent shard rate. Especially great is Mornaur forge in SW corner if Udun.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Especially great is Mornaur forge in SW corner if Udun.
    No shards there absolute zero

I used to farm that all the time, getting about 15 after about 45 minutes opening maybe 100 or more Chests. Got about 5 the other night when doing a Daily. Could swear the drop rate increased a bit since we have Ironfold.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    I used to farm that all the time, getting about 15 after about 45 minutes opening maybe 100 or more Chests. Got about 5 the other night when doing a Daily. Could swear the drop rate increased a bit since we have Ironfold.
    Strange things. Yesterday i did it too, and got 0 per the same time i swear too.
    Hmmm... i should try again tomorrow...

Truth be told, though option existed, it was more of an 'a little extra' thing. My main is explorer, so I typically collect ore/wood nodes I pass, definitely get the rich/heavy ones. I would not go specifically farming for shards, just let them accumulate eventually and would craft and ash whenever I got 3.
    All in all, however, getting a decent amount of motes until you unlocked the dailies was near impossible unless you bought keys. By decent I mean enough for those 1750 and 2500 mote teal items.

These days, if you want to earn some motes so you can get a few pieces of lvl 112 gear, look into finishing up deeds in some older area for the 300 mote bonus.