We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

View Poll Results: Which Mount would you most want in lotro?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oliphaunt

1 5.88%
  • Warg

2 11.76%
  • Rhosgobel Rabbit with Sleigh

3 17.65%
  • Irish Elk

1 5.88%
  • Hovering Eagle

3 17.65%
  • Hobbit Caravan with Horse & working stove + storage

7 41.18%

Thread: Nymfia's Wants

Red face Nymfia's Wants

I believe that it would be super awesome if you could have regional hairstyles - braided styles in Rohan that are not access-able in any other region - giving me another reason to go their.
    If every region had its own unique styles it would be amazing and more things to discover.

I would like more armours similar to the movies and npcs.
    More clothing. I notice that literally every clothing on the mannequins are basically what I call Recycled. I feel it would be awesome to have more outfits on players because I am always looking at other players outfits.

I don't know how Viable this is but I would love new mounts. (please if some of these exist Im sorry Ive not seen them)
    Warg
    Hovering Eagle
    Oliphaunt
    Rhosgobel Rabbits with Sleigh
    White Irish Elk (Thranduil's mount in the movie)

My favourite
    - Hobbit Gypsy Caravan with horse - Customisable colour - Storage chest & Working Stove. - I could see these carts moving slowly down the paths of Bree to the shire selling stuff on the way.

I would greatly love it if Freeps and Creeps could interact with each other more. I tried to fight Creeps at one point and found it very difficult as a newish player at the time to figure out how to find them let alone fight them.

Kin houses
    2 storage chests in large kin houses.
    New homes in Rohan
    Auctioneer Npc for house.

Working Hobnanigans Arena for kin homes (enormous yard) It would give me another reason to hang out at the kin house.

Emotes
    I always wished when you ate food, you could see what you were eating and not bread.
    Every-time I eat something I see bread and it is rather odd... I realise to create a emote for every item it would be alot but then again I do believe even just 3 more food items would make it more interesting rather than always eating bread.

----

These may not seem like much to some but they are simply what Ive always wanted. You may agree or disagree, thats fine.

Poll

Which Mount would you like most?
    Warg
    Eagle
    Oliphaunt
    Rhosgobel Rabbit with Sleigh
    Irish Elk
    Hobbit caravan and Horse + storage chest & working stove

Other wants: - Some guide that makes it easier to understand how legendary weapons work especially for those that have not done the moria quests.
    Bards that sing maybe players could sing also? somehow.... like as they play instruments they could also sing, I would totally be down to go see more bands play.

- Let me know in the comments. (disclaimer) sorry if anyone else has posted any of these before I was litterally just expressing what I would like.
    Last edited by AYLWULF; Dec 06 2018 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AYLWULF View Post
    I believe that it would be super awesome if you could have regional hairstyles - braided styles in Rohan that are not access-able in any other region - giving me another reason to go their.
    If every region had its own unique styles it would be amazing and more things to discover.

More clothing. I notice that literally every clothing on the mannequins are basically what I call Recycled. I feel it would be awesome to have more outfits on players because I am always looking at other players outfits.

I don't know how Viable this is but I would love new mounts. (please if some of these exist Im sorry Ive not seen them)
    Warg
    Hovering Eagle
    Oliphaunt

My favourite
    - Hobbit Gypsy Caravan with horse - Customisable colour - Storage chest & Working Stove. - I could see these carts moving slowly down the paths of Bree to the shire selling stuff on the way.

I would greatly love it if Freeps and Creeps could interact with each other more. I tried to fight Creeps at one point and found it very difficult as a newish player at the time to figure out how to find them let alone fight them.

Kin houses
    New homes in Rohan

Working Hobnanigans Arena for kin homes (enormous yard) It would give me another reason to hang out at the kin house.

Emotes
    I always wished when you ate food, you could see what you were eating and not bread.
    Every-time I eat something I see bread and it is rather odd... I realise to create a emote for every item it would be alot but then again I do believe even just 3 more food items would make it more interesting rather than always eating bread.

----

These may not seem like much to some but they are simply what Ive always wanted. You may agree or disagree, thats fine.

Poll

Warg
    Eagle
    Oliphaunt
    Irish Elk

Other wants: - Some guide that makes it easier to understand how legendary weapons work especially for those that have not done the moria quests.
    Bards that sing maybe players could sing also? somehow.... like as they play instruments they could also sing, I would totally be down to go see more bands play.

- Let me know in the comments. (disclaimer) sorry if anyone else has posted any of these before I was litterally just expressing what I would like.
    Warg steed are already in LOTRO but only enemy NPCs, will not be bad to add them to creep side but will be interesting to ask the warg players how they feel about it.

Elk steed are already available.

It will be fun to see caravans in LOTRO & not just hobbit style only but it looks too complex to be a 1 toon only steed, maybe a fellowship, raid or kinship thing instead.

Will be fun to see /eat_fruit, /eat_cabbage, /eat_cheese, /eat_drumstick, /eat_fish or /eat_skewer emotes. Also /drink_wine_glass & /drink_bottle emotes.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Warg steed are already in LOTRO but only enemy NPCs, will not be bad to add them to creep side but will be interesting to ask the warg players how they feel about it.
    Gnashtooth says, only if he can use his rider for additional armor and eat his rider for a health buff when he gets low on morale.

I like the caravan idea, or any other kind of wheeled vehicle - carts, wagons, etc. I also like the idea of player navigable boats on the larger bodies of water like Evendim, Dol Amroth and Laketown.

I totally dislike the idea of Eagle mounts as the only eagles large enough to ride in Tolkein's world were intelligent creatures that would only carry others such a Gandalf (he was an Istari and a Maiar so, no matter how heroic we may think we are, we are not nearly as important as Gandalf) at great need - they would see being used as a taxi service for normal men, elves, dwarves and hobbits as extremely degrading.
    IMHO, the rabbit sleigh seems childish and one of the worst things Peter Jackson ever did to LotR.
    I'm not totally against the Oliphant idea but it would be immersion breaking for many seeing hundreds of Oliphants running through Bree - almost as bad as those horrendous giant shrew pets that Turbine implemented.

Warg
    Hovering Eagle
    Oliphaunt

My favourite

Kin houses
    New homes in Rohan

Emotes

----

Poll

Warg
    Eagle
    Oliphaunt
    Irish Elk

I would also like to add what if we could get to buy an extra Room for enormous plot like a bedroom sized room, It would be really cool to make your garden seem more like a town rather than just one house.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    Gnashtooth says, only if he can use his rider for additional armor and eat his rider for a health buff when he gets low on morale.

I like the caravan idea, or any other kind of wheeled vehicle - carts, wagons, etc. I also like the idea of player navigable boats on the larger bodies of water like Evendim, Dol Amroth and Laketown.

I totally dislike the idea of Eagle mounts as the only eagles large enough to ride in Tolkein's world were intelligent creatures that would only carry others such a Gandalf (he was an Istari and a Maiar so, no matter how heroic we may think we are, we are not nearly as important as Gandalf) at great need - they would see being used as a taxi service for normal men, elves, dwarves and hobbits as extremely degrading.
    IMHO, the rabbit sleigh seems childish and one of the worst things Peter Jackson ever did to LotR.
    I'm not totally against the Oliphant idea but it would be immersion breaking for many seeing hundreds of Oliphants running through Bree - almost as bad as those horrendous giant shrew pets that Turbine implemented.
    I definitely agree actually with your eagle argument. Although it would still be fun to ride one. I can picture a whole kin on one Oliphant in certain regions riding around.

None of the above in the poll.

The only possible mount that would completely fit in the lore of the game.... that currently isn't in it... would be the War Boar, as seen and read about in The Hobbit.

Developers have stated in the past that flying mounts aren't going to be very likely, because the game simply wasn't built to support them, and it would allow players to skip areas by flying over them, etc.... so although the Eagle is completely within the lore of the game, it isn't at all likely due to technical reasons more than anything. The Warg and Oliphaunt are for the evil forces of middle earth, only Orcs/Goblins have ever ridden them, and they are not used by the Free Peoples in any way shape or form. Hobbit caravans and sleighs? Cute idea.... but no. Although I totally love cosmetics and mounts, I don't want this game to become a cutesy asian style MMO where everything goes. We have to pay SOME homage to Tolkien in these things....

I am totally fine with Elks, I think we should seriously consider the War Boar as they have been ridden by the Dwarves of the Ironfold, but beyond that I can't see any real use cases for a completely different mount. A cart.... might be a nice idea, but maybe in a limited fashion, e.g. it works in certain areas of the game just like the hobby horse..... we have ox drawn carts all over the game (many quests involving lost carts too), and naturally they would always be on ROADS, and roads alone, because they would simply get stuck anywhere else or get their wheels damaged on a small rock or such things. I don't think it is possible to change the system in such a way you would lose your cart when you venture off of roads..... BUT they might be able to replace certain stable routes (e.g. Bree to Forsaken Inn) with cart runs instead. I wouldn't hold my breath on this one though.

As for your other suggestions, I do like more different hairstyles, but I don't want Lotro to become like many other MMO's where you can have purple or green hair and big tattoos and such things... still like to keep it classy. Hobbits, Elves and Man need more beard options for sure. It is RARE for Elves and Hobbits to wear beards, but the LOTR lore does mention a few bearded elves (Cirdan in particular), and according to lore descriptions the hobbits of Stoor CAN grow beards. It would be fun though to have a hobbit with a wee beard. On Dwarves, we need way more beard options, especially different braided styles.

Housing... I agree on more housing neighborhoods. It has been suggested that we should have more Premium type housing beyond Gondor.... and perhaps it is time to add the following homesteads to the game:

Elves: - Lothlorien. Who doesn't want a tree house? Entrance within Caras Galadhon.
    Dwarves: - Moria. Entrance off of the 21st hall.
    Man: - Already has Gondor, but it could be worth considering to make a Rohan based neighborhood as well.
    Hobbits: - Oatbarton, based off of the Northcotton Woods with an entrance nearby.

For the "gated" homesteads (you would need to get Vol II, Book 1 to access Moria), something similar can be done like with Gondor.... a person in Bree would get you to the homesteads, but if you attempt to leave it via the conventional gate.... you wouldn't be able to, because you haven't done the pre-req quests to get there yet.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Warg
    Hovering Eagle
    Oliphaunt

My favourite

Kin houses
    New homes in Rohan

Emotes

----

Poll

Warg
    Eagle
    Oliphaunt
    Irish Elk

i'd like to add Harleys and regional taco bells with drive thru's
    just a reminder... anything playable, doable, and actionable, may be considered an exploit and the ban-hammer may be authorized at any and all moments.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    The only possible mount that would completely fit in the lore of the game.... that currently isn't in it... would be the War Boar, as seen and read about in The Hobbit.
    Would you mind quoting for us where it describes swine being ridden in the Hobbit?
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    Would you mind quoting for us where it describes swine being ridden in the Hobbit?
    It's not in the book itself, only in the movies. (My mistake).

Similarly, the Elk is not in the book, but it is in the movies. The game is indeed based on the book, but they have been taking visuals from the movies for years, even if the description in the books slightly differs. All of the "Lord of the Rings" movies were released BEFORE the 2007 game release so most people only have those visuals to go by. Even if they read the books, as many of us have, the movies forever imprinted certain visuals to us, and with it came Thranduil's Elk and Dain's Boar.

For those reasons alone, I don't see a real problem with the Elk and Boar being present in the game. The Elk is of course already here, and already has 5 or 6 different models or so (or maybe less, I didn't quite count them), and a boar mount could fit in the lore because of this.

Of course, goats were never mentioned in the books as mounts either (the word "goat" actually doesn't appear in any of the books except for one "like a goat" mention)..... they only mentioned that Moria was no place for horses, and to stay as true to the lore as possible, but still offer fast travel and mounts within the mines of Moria... they looked to history. Goats have been used since Roman times to pull carts out of a mine. They are relatively small, sturdy, strong, and easily tamed. So the goat in Lotro is not based on anything in the books OR the movies, but simply to honor the "no horses in Moria" rule. They just had to make something up... So, miner's goats it was.... and since 2008 we have seen a large variety of goats pop up.

Boars would be something similar. A boar mount would honor the lore, but it wouldn't be something that was specifically mentioned in the books - just like the Elk wasn't. And with that, i would see boars as the only candidate for an additional type of mount of any type, really.....
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

It's not in the book itself, only in the movies. (My mistake).

Similarly, the Elk is not in the book, but it is in the movies. The game is indeed based on the book, but they have been taking visuals from the movies for years, even if the description in the books slightly differs. All of the "Lord of the Rings" movies were released BEFORE the 2007 game release so most people only have those visuals to go by. Even if they read the books, as many of us have, the movies forever imprinted certain visuals to us, and with it came Thranduil's Elk and Dain's Boar.

For those reasons alone, I don't see a real problem with the Elk and Boar being present in the game. The Elk is of course already here, and already has 5 or 6 different models or so (or maybe less, I didn't quite count them), and a boar mount could fit in the lore because of this.

Of course, goats were never mentioned in the books as mounts either (the word "goat" actually doesn't appear in any of the books except for one "like a goat" mention)..... they only mentioned that Moria was no place for horses, and to stay as true to the lore as possible, but still offer fast travel and mounts within the mines of Moria... they looked to history. Goats have been used since Roman times to pull carts out of a mine. They are relatively small, sturdy, strong, and easily tamed. So the goat in Lotro is not based on anything in the books OR the movies, but simply to honor the "no horses in Moria" rule. They just had to make something up... So, miner's goats it was.... and since 2008 we have seen a large variety of goats pop up.

Boars would be something similar. A boar mount would honor the lore, but it wouldn't be something that was specifically mentioned in the books - just like the Elk wasn't. And with that, i would see boars as the only candidate for an additional type of mount of any type, really.....

I don't want to turn this into another debate on mount types and lore. I grudgingly accept that elk and goat mounts are part of the game, and that boar mounts are almost inevitable some time in the future. However, to say that these things "honor the lore" is simply untrue, Tolkien was a very descriptive writer, if he wanted these exotic types of animals to be ridden he would have written about it, then they would be part of the lore.

As I said though, my intention here was not to start another debate on a very tired subject, but simply to point out (as many people who read these forums probably haven't read the books) that these mount types were not, as you previously stated, written about in The Hobbit.
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    I suggested (years ago) taking the ettens Warg class and turning it into a Goblin (same skills, just change up the verbiage and names of the skills) and instead of creeps getting the "march" skill they would ride Wargs the way freeps ride horses.

What a sight, 14 creeps coming over a ridge all on wargs (or being a warg)... then spiders.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 (active) Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    I don't want to turn this into another debate on mount types and lore. I grudgingly accept that elk and goat mounts are part of the game, and that boar mounts are almost inevitable some time in the future. However, to say that these things "honor the lore" is simply untrue, Tolkien was a very descriptive writer, if he wanted these exotic types of animals to be ridden he would have written about it, then they would be part of the lore.
    Surprise: There is more in Lotro that isn't in the book (or movies) then there actually is!

The book doesn't use the word "bear" in any way to describe the animal. Yet there are pretty much bears in every zone of this world.
    The book doesn't even use the word Forochel.
    The book only uses the words Evendim and Fornost a handful of times (as well as Angmar, for that matter) but the developers managed to churn out a full zone of things based on a passage no more than 4 sentences. Or less.
    No where in the LOTR book are the words Esteldin, Enedwaith, Trestlebridge, Galtrev
    The book doesn't even mention the words "Ered Luin", yet dwarves and elves spend their first 15 levels there.

The game is literally FULL of names, people, animals, geographical formations, quests, items, armor, etc, etc..... that have not been mentioned in the lore in any way, shape or form, but fit within the lore as the online world of middle earth. It's called poetic license. The vast majority of this game is literally completely made up, using words and descriptions found in the book..... but then completely re-inventing what it could be. The only thing that is mostly true to the book is PART (certainly not all) of the epic quests that keep coming back to the epic journey through middle earth.

No hobbit ever flew a kite, and no dwarf ever had a peacock following them around across the world. Yet these things exist in the game. It's virtually impossible to create a game world that is 100% based on the books, and ONLY what is ever written in the books. Middle Earth would be a pretty dull place if it were.....

So we really are in a situation where both the producers of the movies AND the producers of this game have taken some poetic license, and have introduced elements into the movie and/or game that are in the STYLE of the Lord of the Rings Lore, but aren't literally written as such in the books.

So I'm not going to complain about goats, elks, kites, peacocks, bears in the field, burning mad badgers, forochel eskimos, lake evendim too small, "trick or treating" festivals, or the existence of coffee! The whole world is not as Tolkien wrote down, most of it is made up by game developers as they went along and as they see fit to make the game work. The only thing they do is to pay homage to the lore wherever possible, and not step outside certain boundaries (think: Panda playable race and steampunk pets) and as long as they do that.... I am fine with it.

So let there be a WAR BOAR! But.... NO on the rabbit sleigh!
    -----

Surprise: There is more in Lotro that isn't in the book (or movies) then there actually is!

The book doesn't use the word "bear" in any way to describe the animal. Yet there are pretty much bears in every zone of this world.
    The book doesn't even use the word Forochel.
    The book only uses the words Evendim and Fornost a handful of times (as well as Angmar, for that matter) but the developers managed to churn out a full zone of things based on a passage no more than 4 sentences. Or less.
    No where in the LOTR book are the words Esteldin, Enedwaith, Trestlebridge, Galtrev
    The book doesn't even mention the words "Ered Luin", yet dwarves and elves spend their first 15 levels there.

The game is literally FULL of names, people, animals, geographical formations, quests, items, armor, etc, etc..... that have not been mentioned in the lore in any way, shape or form, but fit within the lore as the online world of middle earth. It's called poetic license. The vast majority of this game is literally completely made up, using words and descriptions found in the book..... but then completely re-inventing what it could be. The only thing that is mostly true to the book is PART (certainly not all) of the epic quests that keep coming back to the epic journey through middle earth.

No hobbit ever flew a kite, and no dwarf ever had a peacock following them around across the world. Yet these things exist in the game. It's virtually impossible to create a game world that is 100% based on the books, and ONLY what is ever written in the books. Middle Earth would be a pretty dull place if it were.....

So we really are in a situation where both the producers of the movies AND the producers of this game have taken some poetic license, and have introduced elements into the movie and/or game that are in the STYLE of the Lord of the Rings Lore, but aren't literally written as such in the books.

So I'm not going to complain about goats, elks, kites, peacocks, bears in the field, burning mad badgers, forochel eskimos, lake evendim too small, "trick or treating" festivals, or the existence of coffee! The whole world is not as Tolkien wrote down, most of it is made up by game developers as they went along and as they see fit to make the game work. The only thing they do is to pay homage to the lore wherever possible, and not step outside certain boundaries (think: Panda playable race and steampunk pets) and as long as they do that.... I am fine with it.

So let there be a WAR BOAR! But.... NO on the rabbit sleigh!

While I agree with you that the game has it's own lore, and the movies have their's, and sometimes those mediums may diverge from the books, no problem there, but you were talking specifically about "paying homage to Tolkien". Therefore I'd have to ask the question, how are we paying homage to him by putting things in that he never wrote about, and in all probability would object to? You can ask for these things, no problem, but you are doing it despite Tolkien, not because of him.

What I would really like to know though is, where on earth do you get your facts?

No mention of the word 'bear' anywhere in Tolkien's works, really?

“I have been picking out bear-tracks,” he
    said at last. “There must have been a regular
    bears’ meeting outside here last night. I soon
    saw that Beorn could not have made them all:
    there were far too many of them, and they were
    of various sizes too. I should say there were
    little bears, large bears, ordinary bears, and
    gigantic big bears, all dancing outside from
    dark to nearly dawn." Queer Lodgings, The Hobbit.

Forochel is mentioned in the appendices as well as appearing on the Map of Middle-earth found in most copies of the Lord of the Rings.

It may only mention Evendim and Fornost a handful of times, but they are a huge part of the history.

Enedwaith is also on the same map.

Ered Luin is also on that map, as well as being named in the appendices as well as in the Silmarillion.
    - Will Rogers

None of the above in the poll.

Developers have stated in the past that flying mounts aren't going to be very likely, because the game simply wasn't built to support them, and it would allow players to skip areas by flying over them, etc.... so although the Eagle is completely within the lore of the game, it isn't at all likely due to technical reasons more than anything. The Warg and Oliphaunt are for the evil forces of middle earth, only Orcs/Goblins have ever ridden them, and they are not used by the Free Peoples in any way shape or form. Hobbit caravans and sleighs? Cute idea.... but no. Although I totally love cosmetics and mounts, I don't want this game to become a cutesy asian style MMO where everything goes. We have to pay SOME homage to Tolkien in these things....

I am totally fine with Elks, I think we should seriously consider the War Boar as they have been ridden by the Dwarves of the Ironfold, but beyond that I can't see any real use cases for a completely different mount. A cart.... might be a nice idea, but maybe in a limited fashion, e.g. it works in certain areas of the game just like the hobby horse..... we have ox drawn carts all over the game (many quests involving lost carts too), and naturally they would always be on ROADS, and roads alone, because they would simply get stuck anywhere else or get their wheels damaged on a small rock or such things. I don't think it is possible to change the system in such a way you would lose your cart when you venture off of roads..... BUT they might be able to replace certain stable routes (e.g. Bree to Forsaken Inn) with cart runs instead. I wouldn't hold my breath on this one though.

As for your other suggestions, I do like more different hairstyles, but I don't want Lotro to become like many other MMO's where you can have purple or green hair and big tattoos and such things... still like to keep it classy. Hobbits, Elves and Man need more beard options for sure. It is RARE for Elves and Hobbits to wear beards, but the LOTR lore does mention a few bearded elves (Cirdan in particular), and according to lore descriptions the hobbits of Stoor CAN grow beards. It would be fun though to have a hobbit with a wee beard. On Dwarves, we need way more beard options, especially different braided styles.

Housing... I agree on more housing neighborhoods. It has been suggested that we should have more Premium type housing beyond Gondor.... and perhaps it is time to add the following homesteads to the game:

Elves: - Lothlorien. Who doesn't want a tree house? Entrance within Caras Galadhon.
    Dwarves: - Moria. Entrance off of the 21st hall.
    Man: - Already has Gondor, but it could be worth considering to make a Rohan based neighborhood as well.
    Hobbits: - Oatbarton, based off of the Northcotton Woods with an entrance nearby.

For the "gated" homesteads (you would need to get Vol II, Book 1 to access Moria), something similar can be done like with Gondor.... a person in Bree would get you to the homesteads, but if you attempt to leave it via the conventional gate.... you wouldn't be able to, because you haven't done the pre-req quests to get there yet.
    After reading your comment I can definitely understand the argument. Lore friendly is a must for a game like that. Definitely still want more regional hairstyles, Love your idea for War Boar, Would back that one. Homesteads yes, please do add. I still really want that hobbit carriage but it would travel slowly. I would appreciate it if their was more outfits made, They keep recycling their outfits on the mannequins.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post

I have long said that, as an RP'er, I would LOVE to have a wagon with a private instanced entrance to it; with a working stove and a bed inside. Most of the roads in Lotro are plenty big enough to handle the wagon; if taken off road, perhaps a speed debuff to go slower? The wagon should already have a speed debuff to it. No faster than about 25-35% speed, I would say. It would look silly to see wagons hurtling along at mount speed.

100% agree about the eagles. Dragons for the same reason. They were not creatures, but sentient beings; not pack mules.

I know what you are saying about the rabbits, but I thought their reason for them was sound. If you are going to go with something like that (mind you, I think Radagast would've just ridden a horse, myself, and he most certainly WOULD NOT have had bird poop in his hair!!), you need to have vegetarian animals as a sled team. Radagast would not have had dogs or wolves to pull his sled; because he loved animals so much, he wouldn't have been willing to kill any other kinds in order to feed his dog/wolf team. Rabbits are herbivores only, so no need to for another animal to die to feed them. That was the rational behind the rabbit sled, per PJ.

I'd like to see war-goats for Dwarves instead of war-ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by GDonWall View Post
    I'd like to see war-goats for Dwarves instead of war-ponies.
    I say war-boars for dwarves as this would be lore-appropriate.

If we ever get to Harad in this game then oliphaunts could be the transport network, but I agree with a previous poster they should not be used to travel anywhere else.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”