We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Too many buff/debuff during instances

Hi,

I am a new player and begin instances, and have somes questions.
    I see there are too many buffs under the name of each players.
    It's very difficult to learn and know the effect of which one, and even more difficult to see if a debuff is actually in my character.

To use a skill to remove Fear for example, i don't know when to use it because of this list of buff/debuff.
    Sometimes, i cant' even read the name of my partners because of these buffs/debuffs.

I didn't find any option to show ONLY debuff in my character, which is in my opinion, the most important thing to know, to remove tham ASAP during a fight.

Is there a solution for that ?
    An option i didn't find ?
    And i don't know if addons are good with this game, if there is no option included in game ?

Thanks for help, to be better during instances

In the menu, oe settings? (not sure), you've the option to Mark taht you can only see effects casted by you and removable. This reduce the List enourmously and furthermore it imoroves the Performance.
    Search für effects in the menu and you will find it

It's in Social Options, for some odd reason, and the two you want are

Fellowship: Only show dispellable effects

Fellowship: Only show effects cast by you

Thanks for your answer.

I checked these 2 options yesterday, without restart the game, and there was no changes in the next instance.
    Maybe i had to restart the game ? I'll try this evening.

And what about addons ? Are there addons which are very usefull for instances ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fengald View Post
    Thanks for your answer.

I checked these 2 options yesterday, without restart the game, and there was no changes in the next instance.
    Maybe i had to restart the game ? I'll try this evening.

And what about addons ? Are there addons which are very usefull for instances ?
    Did you click accept at the bottom after you'd checked them?

As for addons, you could check out BuffBars, which make those buff/debuff things a lot more user friendly. https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...-BuffBars.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fengald View Post
    Hi,

I am a new player and begin instances, and have somes questions.
    I see there are too many buffs under the name of each players.
    It's very difficult to learn and know the effect of which one, and even more difficult to see if a debuff is actually in my character.

To use a skill to remove Fear for example, i don't know when to use it because of this list of buff/debuff.
    Sometimes, i cant' even read the name of my partners because of these buffs/debuffs.

I didn't find any option to show ONLY debuff in my character, which is in my opinion, the most important thing to know, to remove tham ASAP during a fight.

Is there a solution for that ?
    An option i didn't find ?
    And i don't know if addons are good with this game, if there is no option included in game ?

Thanks for help, to be better during instances
    First off, Ctrl+\ (backslash) toggles UI rearrangement mode. You can move various elements to positions where important stuff is not obscured.
    Debuffs/DOTs always go on the line above your buffs. When you only have buffs, they are in a line right under your vitals. When you gain a negative effects, they will push buff icons down a line and appear above them.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    First off, Ctrl+\ (backslash) toggles UI rearrangement mode. You can move various elements to positions where important stuff is not obscured.
    Debuffs/DOTs always go on the line above your buffs. When you only have buffs, they are in a line right under your vitals. When you gain a negative effects, they will push buff icons down a line and appear above them.
    What I found a big help with reading buffs/debuffs is the Buffbars plugin which has a separate window where each buff/debuff is shown in its proper line with icon and description. I installed it using the "lotro plugin compendium". You can even move the location of the bars with Ctrl+\ like the user above described.

EDIT: I just saw that another user recommended this, so see this as an emphasis on his post.
    EDIT 2: https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...ompendium.html - Here you can download the lpc.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Great,

Thanks for your help