We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

STEAM Client Launcher Arguments (username/password/nosplash etc)

So I haven't seen this solution anywhere despite folks asking about it since SSG remapped the launcher exe from "turbineinvoker.exe" to "lotrolauncher.exe"

Steam keeps using the old shortcut so you can't simply add your launch arguments in the "properties -> set launch options" menu and have it work.

I finally found out you have to add this first:

"E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\L ord of the Rings Online\LotroLauncher.exe" %command%

But make sure you've got the correct drive letter and file path (mine's on E:, yours probably is not)

Then right after that you can use the common arguments to speed up your launch:
    -nosplash
    -skiprawdownload
    -username yourUser
    -password yourPass

Edit: I'm talking about Steam on Windows 10, for whatever that's worth.
    Last edited by Moondog548; Dec 05 2018 at 04:33 PM.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog548 View Post
    So I haven't seen this solution anywhere despite folks asking about it since SSG remapped the launcher exe from "turbineinvoker.exe" to "lotrolauncher.exe"

Steam keeps using the old shortcut so you can't simply add your launch arguments in the "properties -> set launch options" menu and have it work.

I finally found out you have to add this first:

"E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\L ord of the Rings Online\LotroLauncher.exe" %command%

But make sure you've got the correct drive letter and file path (mine's on E:, yours probably is not)

Then right after that you can use the common arguments to speed up your launch:
    -nosplash
    -skiprawdownload
    -username yourUser
    -password yourPass

I tested out fedora 29 with stock(latest) Wine with NVIDIA...
    No issues. Had to open store in external browser though.
    Just copied directory from Windows install and ran launcher.exe
    I've never used any of the arguments you list though..
    Too lazy to go track them down..

:-)

ymmv

Quote Originally Posted by Rum View Post
    I tested out fedora 29 with stock(latest) Wine with NVIDIA...
    No issues. Had to open store in external browser though.
    Just copied directory from Windows install and ran launcher.exe
    I've never used any of the arguments you list though..
    Too lazy to go track them down..

:-)

ymmv
    I think I could possibly guess what it is you're talking about, but regardless I'm glad it works for you

I edited OP to clarify that I'm talking about launching the steam version on windows 10.

And the game works fine launching through steam, (because SSG made the old TurbineLauncher.exe just turn around and launch the new LotroLauncher.exe). But what we couldn't do is pass the -nosplash style arguments along because Steam's shortcut was to the wrong .exe

The line I pasted forces Steam's shortcut to go to the right .exe
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com