We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Blue Line Rotation -- Suggestions welcome!

What rotation do you blue line hunters use? It doesn't really matter for quick kills of course, but for Signature/Elite/Instances what do you guys use?

I never optimize, so I figured I would start now.

Currently I use very few skills.

Start with Barbed Arrow (to slow him down)
    Swift Arrow because it has longest induction
    spam Barrage when available (impenetrable shot if this is on CD)
    Spam quickshot to increase focus.

that's about it. I'll use Luminous Blood to activate Exsanguinate and get some heals going when available.

Eldars grace, Distracting Shot, and Bards arrow I use only when getting swarmed or critically low on health.

I welcome any and all suggestions that will make me more valuable to groups and help me up that DPS.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by cryles View Post

(...) I welcome any and all suggestions that will make me more valuable to groups and help me up that DPS.
    Go on RED instead of BLUE line. Your DPS will be higher...
    Precision Stance

Bow Chants: Breach-finder
    Fire-oil (I use Light Oil in Caverns and TG)
    Potion of Focus
    +5% Attack Damage
    Ironfold Edhelharn Token (+6 hope)
    Scrolls Battle Lore + Warding Lore
    Food

A quick guide: Before combat: Use "Camouflage" (for +50% Ranged Critical Chance) + Burn Hot + Focus then Heartseeker and Upshot. Now QS until full focus and then Upshot and Heartseeker again. Work on that and later you can add deeper rotation with DoTs, Merciful Shot, SwiftBow (when Swift and True is activated)...
    Build your focus via QuickShot. Get Penetrating Shoot always active on mob (for -5% Physical Mitigation), use UPSHOT only when full focused (legacy and trait tree needed).

Good luck!

I'm blue line but I use the hunter DOTS with each legacy and trait tree boost to those, so wanting to get DOTS started early, my rotation is: Barbed arrow, barrage, blood arrow, exsanguinate/barrage in either order, pen shot, third barrage, then whatever is up or a swift arrow, etc....

Here's mine...

Barbed Arrow
    Penetrating Shot
    Barrage 1
    Blood Arrow
    Exsanguinate
    Barrage 2
    Penetrating Shot
    Barrage 3

And usually for high morale opponents...

Burn Hot
    Penetrating Shot
    Heart Seeker
    Barbed Arrow
    Rapid Fire
    Penetrating Shot
    Barrage 1
    Blood Arrow
    Exsanguinate
    Barrage 2
    Penetrating Shot
    Barrage 3
    Barbed Arrow

Then I hit Quick Shots/Barbed Arrows and Penetrating Shots while Barrage is on cool down, with also keeping the Blood Arrows and Exsanguinates up as soon as their cool down is off. When Merciful Shot is ready I hit that and immediately follow it with a Barbed Arrow to keep the bleeds going. Crafting Instance scourge's are usually down in around 30 seconds with this. I start with Barbed Arrow because of the induction, I want as few inductions during the fight as I can. Penetrating Shot comes next due to the debuff and +10% crit chance, that allows the heavy hitters coming next a better chance to crit. The Pen Shot/Barrage/Blood Arrow/Exsanguinate/Barrage/Pen/Barrage can be a serious heavy hitter with a few crits which I usually get, and the bonus of crits adding focus to give you enough to pull it off. I don't know how it parses with Red Line but I seem to hit pretty hard. During the Barrage cooldown if I have the focus I spam Pen as I can get them off faster than a Swift Bow, and I also keep the Barbed Arrows going to keep the bleeds on as much as possible. Most landscape mobs are down by the first Barrage.
    The Apache
    Defender of Hoarhollow

Quote Originally Posted by MaxHunter View Post
    Precision Stance

Potion of Focus
    +5% Attack Damage
    Food

A quick guide: Before combat: Use "Camouflage" (for +50% Ranged Critical Chance) + Burn Hot + Focus then Heartseeker and Upshot. Now QS until full focus and then Upshot and Heartseeker again. Work on that and later you can add deeper rotation with DoTs, Merciful Shot, SwiftBow (when Swift and True is activated)...
    Build your focus via QuickShot. Get Penetrating Shoot always active on mob (for -5% Physical Mitigation), use UPSHOT only when full focused (legacy and trait tree needed).

Good luck!

Uh, what is a Bow Chant and where do I find them? Somehow I've made it to level 100 and missed out. I take it its a crafting thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Illiniwek80 View Post
    Uh, what is a Bow Chant and where do I find them? Somehow I've made it to level 100 and missed out. I take it its a crafting thing?
    It is crafted by Scholars (same as Fire Oil).

I tried red and yellow lines after Barrage was nerfed. Went back to blue line later and never looked back. (Like, seriously, what's the point of red's extra range if your enemies still get to you in five seconds because you're stationary?)

Remember to move constantly on blue line. Stay out of the enemy's range! I use Endurance Stance as Quick Shot heals you.

Here's what I do as a rotation:

1.) Get Focus all the way up.
    2.) Barbed Arrow, as it is an over time skill which also slows opponents down.
    3.) Swift Bow! It does even more damage than skills like Barrage even, and it has a long induction. - I also got Heart Seeker from the red line (red is my off spec) so I use that as well.
    4.) Barrage OR Pen. Shot 3xs.
    5.) Rotate between Quick Shot and Barrage. QS to get focus back, heal, and deal tiny bits of damage between Barrage's cooldown. When Barrage has that thing where the cooldown is longer, I switch to spamming Pen. Sot until I have no focus left, spam QS until it is high again, then repeat.
    6.) When health is lowering, use Blood Arrow. Heck, use Blood Arrow every time the cooldown expires, as it has a chance of activating the best DOT skill the hunter has ever seen: Exsanguinate! Exsanguinate + Barbed Arrow can take care of an opponent without the need of firing anything else. Excellent combo when fighting multiple opponents.
    7.) Split Shot isn't as good as Rain of Arrows, but it's still good when opening against multiple targets.
    8.) When health gets low enough, use Merciful Shot.

Laurelin Server.
    MUH SILMARILS!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxHunter View Post
    Precision Stance

Potion of Focus
    +5% Attack Damage
    Food
    ……
    …. Get Penetrating Shoot always active on mob (for -5% Physical Mitigation), use UPSHOT only when full focused (legacy and trait tree needed).

Good luck!
    You won't get any use of the -5% Physical mitigation (but you'll still get the +10% crit buff if traited) when you're using any oils, as damage type changes to tactical.

Blue is a solo trait tree. If you want to be valuable to groups use red. The tank should be able to keep aggro so you don't have to move. Moving (aka blue) is for soloers.

Focus for a fraction of a second to get +25% critical and damage.
    If melee mob barbed arrow for 40% snare plus dot. If ranged mob then you can choose to skip this.
    Always have pen shot buffs +critical and -Mits up so pen shot next
    Barrage
    Blood arrow
    Exsanguinate

All are instant no induction. Most if not all openers should be in focus 5 second window.
    Only use swift arrow ( or hs if traited) if volley is active.

Precision stance for +crit damage and focus. If you are blue and moving you don't get hit more than blood arrow heals. Endurance stance is worthless if you are moving continuously against melee mobs.

Past first openers above use Barrage if up. Use blood arrow if up. Use pen shot to keep buffs up. Use barbed arrow if expired and want dot or snare. Use hs or swift bow if volley up. Otherwise spam quick shot for focus.

Keep moving - strafing small circles is great. Very little melee damage for some reason if you strafe in a small circle. Also no new mobs from going into new territory.

Just my 2 cents. Probably all wrong from the experts view.

Could some show Blue Line trait trees and what you're taking from red and possibly yellow? I would especially interested if running in PvP (Moors).

TIA!
    | Beansabovethefrank - Minstrel | Juanconnery - Loremaster | Whispersweetnothings -Burglar |