We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Glimmerdeep is worst instance ever

In my opinion Glimmerdeep is worst 3m instance ever. I am talking about T3 - ridiculous amount of life on trash - Trolls have 3,5M life. I play with friends and due to compositions of our alts i have to go with my warden. And if anyone tried to tank in this instance it is so annoying that i want cry, pure hell. Nonstop throwing, stuns, disarms, throwing and throwing around omg. It is not harder it is just annoying.

I play instances mainly for two reasons:

1) for loot, but when we finish like one run we get nothing on the next one... no reason to play it again next day, and btw the second instance of new cluster - Cavern (something) is for my warden hell. Other older instances on the other hand drop low ilevel equip, we did Stoneheight T2CH, and we got 2x sword for LM level 356. Crafted purple items are better.
    2) for fun, for just playing my warden, but with mobs like trolls in Glimmerdeep i get angry and not want to play at all. I used to play my warden just for fun.

And I am not even talking about 1st boss who resets when he leaves the top platform and will bug out and cannot be activated again.

I used Stoneheight as example of ideal 3m instance (in my opinion) - appropriate amount of trash between bosses with fair amout of life, bosses with solid mechanics (and not just stuning and throwing), run time around 20 minutes or less. 3 men should be doable with almost any composition, and not that you need dedicated damage dealer, tank and healer. Its stupid. And this stupid trend started with Osgiliath instance cluster.

End of rant.

Commander Liliam - the Warden
    Evernight

This Will Help You!!! More Tips in Other videos give them a look

Quote Originally Posted by mirkovic View Post
    I'm sure this will be of great help to a warden without a rez skill.

Then play thrumfall t2/t3 with al melee dps.
    The kicks in glimmerdeep are annoying but harm nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Then play thrumfall t2/t3 with al melee dps.
    The kicks in glimmerdeep are annoying but harm nobody.
    Yes, this carbage instance i dont even consider as posibility.

And to be honest, curent state od lotro is really depressing, i played a lot before (over 9 months /played just on my warden, and i have other classes as well) and when i log, there is just nothing to do - and lotro has really a lot of content, it weird. And should i even try to equip my warden with better gear and essences? - as i heard the new raid will be "not so good" for melee classes, and as usuall not for warden tank...

Lets look:
    - actuall instance cluster - i already wrote about it
    - BB i hate them, we run them before a lot, i want to play with my classes and not repair baricades (but this is old song )
    - daily source instances, it is so boring i want to kill myself
    - older instances - low ilevel of loot
    - featured instances - just not worth it except 3m, and last three weeks - Spider wing (12m), Dome of Stars (6m), now Silent street (6m) due to changes to dificulty and loot almost nobody are doing them. Before Mordor there was nonstop runing these instances. On tier 1 almost anybody could do them. But now nothing.
    - skirmishes - bleh - i dont even know if they drop anything valuable?
    - pvp - few freeps sadly standing on the stairs of GV, creeps zerging anyone on sight and out of range of one-shooters
    - leveling alts? why?

Just look at world chat/LFF - there is nothing, few lff recources ins 1/2, sometimes Pelargir and thats it (Evernight server).

Luckily, this Friday starts new league in Path of Exile!

Commander Liliam - the Warden
    Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Vilda View Post
    Yes, this carbage instance i dont even consider as posibility.

And to be honest, curent state od lotro is really depressing, i played a lot before (over 9 months /played just on my warden, and i have other classes as well) and when i log, there is just nothing to do - and lotro has really a lot of content, it weird. And should i even try to equip my warden with better gear and essences? - as i heard the new raid will be "not so good" for melee classes, and as usuall not for warden tank...

Lets look:
    - actuall instance cluster - i already wrote about it
    - BB i hate them, we run them before a lot, i want to play with my classes and not repair baricades (but this is old song )
    - daily source instances, it is so boring i want to kill myself
    - older instances - low ilevel of loot
    - featured instances - just not worth it except 3m, and last three weeks - Spider wing (12m), Dome of Stars (6m), now Silent street (6m) due to changes to dificulty and loot almost nobody are doing them. Before Mordor there was nonstop runing these instances. On tier 1 almost anybody could do them. But now nothing.
    - skirmishes - bleh - i dont even know if they drop anything valuable?
    - pvp - few freeps sadly standing on the stairs of GV, creeps zerging anyone on sight and out of range of one-shooters
    - leveling alts? why?

Just look at world chat/LFF - there is nothing, few lff recources ins 1/2, sometimes Pelargir and thats it (Evernight server).

Luckily, this Friday starts new league in Path of Exile!
    Raid let US hope they change it. I already suggest that they expmad the areas of dmg from 30 to 100m that everyone is affected, which reduce the penality of being melee enorme.
    Same for thrumfall we need to hope that they expmad the area over the whole room. IT cannot be that you're safe if you can stand 30m +, this mechanics just lock the content for the mayority of the classes. I don't understand how the devs can't see it.
    And yeah loot of the oder instances must be level up at least t2c loot.

Ok first of all, worst instance ever will always be Dungeons of Naerband.

You can position yourselves (tank and dps if they were to pull aggro) so that when you get punted, you are not knocked off the platform and boss resets while chasing you. I mean... you're complaining about Glimmerdeep and it's the easiest of the new instances. Both bosses are tank and spank, last boss can be kited until it dies.

It can be painfully long if your group has weak DPS, but I've seen terrible groups still manage to complete Glimmerdeep T3.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post

You can position yourselves (tank and dps if they were to pull aggro) so that when you get punted, you are not knocked off the platform and boss resets while chasing you. I mean... you're complaining about Glimmerdeep and it's the easiest of the new instances. Both bosses are tank and spank, last boss can be kited until it dies.

It can be painfully long if your group has weak DPS, but I've seen terrible groups still manage to complete Glimmerdeep T3.
    Same here, kiting, easy downshooting for range. Melee have to concentrate and follow. This favorising of some dpser through the mechanics must STOP.
    Maybe give the boss some mechanics each second he is kited, he make 200k dmg an them who don't have the aggro. And this I kite it will end.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post

Full agreement on this statement, Glimmerdeep T3 can even be completed with a random "pug" group, with success, unless you catch a group who has zero idea on class gameplay, Naerband needs a group used to play along where members can fast communicate, and the plus of know your fellows always helps.

Quote Originally Posted by KrahjarnFellarrow View Post
    Full agreement on this statement, Glimmerdeep T3 can even be completed with a random "pug" group, with success, unless you catch a group who has zero idea on class gameplay, Naerband needs a group used to play along where members can fast communicate, and the plus of know your fellows always helps.
    DoN was as an instnace should be, you know your class, in general what the others can do, what your fellows can do fastcimmunication that you can react on something and still hard to succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    DoN was as an instnace should be, you know your class, in general what the others can do, what your fellows can do fastcimmunication that you can react on something and still hard to succeed
    And really unrewarding :P
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    And really unrewarding :P
    Well this not.

Personally, I think Caverns of Thrumfall is worse than Glimmerdeep, although I hate them both. Caverns is so selective that it basically forbids a quarter of the classes from completing it, and Glimmerdeep is just tedious.

The new 3mans are just not fun for me, plain and simple. Despite having 3 tanking classes, I refuse to tank Glimmerdeep; you spend more time under some sort of crowd control effect than you spend actually able to use your skills... Caverns is just frustrating to me to no end, so I rarely run that one either. I actually completed it finally on my LM last week, and the deed bugged for all 3 of us in that group. We put in tickets, of course got no response in a timely manner, and I haven't logged in since.

Thikil-Gundu is pretty good though. I mostly only get online nowadays to run my weekly t3 6man on my LM on either Thursday or Friday. Later in the week, everyone completed it already and doesn't bother to log on, so even if I want to run other toons I can't get a group capable of doing it. If I'm busy on Thursday or Friday, I don't get to run it that week.

For an update that was supposed to be "instance focused", it really seems like they don't actually want people to run the new instances they worked so hard to make for us.

Lets say the ugly truth
    All new instances are worthless. Nobody can get any fun or enjoy to run them
    Who have worked hard to create them? I guess they have wasted their time on facebook too much.

True, time spent and reward, are far from be fitting

Quote Originally Posted by ColMcStacky View Post
    Personally, I think Caverns of Thrumfall is worse than Glimmerdeep, although I hate them both. Caverns is so selective that it basically forbids a quarter of the classes from completing it, and Glimmerdeep is just tedious.

The new 3mans are just not fun for me, plain and simple. Despite having 3 tanking classes, I refuse to tank Glimmerdeep; you spend more time under some sort of crowd control effect than you spend actually able to use your skills... Caverns is just frustrating to me to no end, so I rarely run that one either. I actually completed it finally on my LM last week, and the deed bugged for all 3 of us in that group. We put in tickets, of course got no response in a timely manner, and I haven't logged in since.

Thikil-Gundu is pretty good though. I mostly only get online nowadays to run my weekly t3 6man on my LM on either Thursday or Friday. Later in the week, everyone completed it already and doesn't bother to log on, so even if I want to run other toons I can't get a group capable of doing it. If I'm busy on Thursday or Friday, I don't get to run it that week.

For an update that was supposed to be "instance focused", it really seems like they don't actually want people to run the new instances they worked so hard to make for us.
    Both Glimmerdeep and Thrumfall could be massively improved by the removal of most of the punting/stunning/dazing or at least including dazing as part of the effects that trigger stun immunity.
    Trolls punt way too often and too far in Glimmerdeep, while in Thrumfall the worms on the way to the boss need their stunning and dazing effects removed.

Such simple fixes, but I don't expect developers to ever find this thread...

The worst on thrumfall and Glimmerdeep aren't the kicks and stuns, Well they're annoying but not the worst.
    The worst are the machanics, easy going with range and kitting in glimmerdeep, harder cause of more Inc dmg with melee or melee has to pursuit.
    And thrumfall a lot of dmg for everyone inside of 30m of etterfang.
    Both take to many classes out of the game.