We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry LOE gear after Mordor

Several years ago, LOTRO devs admitted that radiance gear was bad - so why did they revive the mechanic as LOE gear? Once you grind through Mordor and reach the Dale Lands or Ered Mithrin, LOE gear goes away. While in Mordor, I had my LOE up around 270. Now that my gear has been upgraded in later zones, it's 90+. The result: if I try to help with a Mordath pug, I get nerfed by the Shadow of Mordor because higher level gear doesn't use LOE. Are we supposed to keep a second, underpowered set of gear to change into for Mordor content or just get through it, making sure we cover all of the deeds and instances so we never have to look back?

I think this is a very valid concern. I was thinking about this very thing tonight.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

There is a Thread ongoing in Adventuring about this Check that out.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    There is a Thread ongoing in Adventuring about this Check that out.
    Thanks. I figured someone had to have asked already, but didn't find that thread.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...=1#post7896754

In previous patch notes, they said that shadow was only still around in CoS and DoN at level 115, not other levels, and was removed from Abyss entirely. Is that incorrect?

I haven't seen it removed from anywhere - it's still on landscape (but usually not enough to matter since they give you LOE 80 at level 120) and it's definitely still a factor in Abyss.