We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Agreed. Let us chose which character we let anyone know. Some people I know, who even lead Kinships, sometimes needs a break from the stress. They log alts that few know is theirs and just play for a day or so and not be hassled 24/7. People do need some quiet time sometimes. Some more than others. Not everyone charges their batteries by constantly getting attention and being "social". It acctually drains some peoples batteries and they need calm and quite, some alone time, to recharge.
    I didn't mean to have it by default. Just the option to make the alts you chose be visible. Just like the option to have Inspect be blocked.
    So you could chose if you wanted to have alts (and which ones) visible or linked for a different selection of people.

Something like the following:
    Select alts you wish to show visible... (and then a check off list of the alts you have).
    And then, it would say:
    Visible to (and another check off list): Kinship only / Public / Friends only ... etc..
    This way you'd have control over who can see alts, and it would make life easier should you have a certain group you want to recognize you from your alts.

Sorry I wasn't specific before, but I think this option would make life easier for several reasons such as trading or kinship going-ons.

Does that make more sense?

Quote Originally Posted by bolhur View Post
    I didn't mean to have it by default. Just the option to make the alts you chose be visible. Just like the option to have Inspect be blocked.
    So you could chose if you wanted to have alts (and which ones) visible or linked for a different selection of people.

Select alts you wish to show visible... (and then a check off list of the alts you have).
    And then, it would say:
    Visible to (and another check off list): Kinship only / Public / Friends only ... etc..
    This way you'd have control over who can see alts, and it would make life easier should you have a certain group you want to recognize you from your alts.

Sorry I wasn't specific before, but I think this option would make life easier for several reasons such as trading or kinship going-ons.

I get what you're saying, but I don't want the feature at all, option or not. I don't want to be in the postion of having to tell someone that I purposely do not use the feature or have to lie to them and say I don't have any alts. I've had people get offended in the past at me not logging on enough so they could talk to me, I can only imagine telling someone like that, that they did not have permission to see my alts.

The more I think about this, the more I hate it.

They way it is right now, my privacy is guaranteed without me having to do anything.

If you want to reveal your alts for people in your kinship, you can write this in notes. For example, in notes on all alts I wrote the name of the main character, and in notes of main char I wrote my personal data (name, age, city). But are you sure you want to reveal your alts for unfamiliar people not from your kinship?

Lightbulb

And then, it would say:

Yes, still it could raise the issue that then people would be upsett if You did not make all Your alts visible to them, it would become expected. Kind of like if people know You have a social media account and don't allow them to add You. Oh the drama, he he he !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Yes, still it could raise the issue that then people would be upsett if You did not make all Your alts visible to them, it would become expected. Kind of like if people know You have a social media account and don't allow them to add You. Oh the drama, he he he !!!
    Exactly.

It would be convenient to sort the fractions in the reputation window. Because it’s inconvenient to look for needed fraction, if for example you often want to watch this particular reputation. And if it could be sorted, then I would move to the top of the list those fractions that I currently need, and all completely finished (irrelevant) would shift down.

And it would be nice to come up with something about the automatic activation of hunters' Find the path. I think all hunters use this skill, so it's worth to enable it by default (like Motivating speech from captains).

Quote Originally Posted by Webanut View Post
    It would be convenient to sort the fractions in the reputation window. Because it’s inconvenient to look for needed fraction, if for example you often want to watch this particular reputation. And if it could be sorted, then I would move to the top of the list those fractions that I currently need, and all completely finished (irrelevant) would shift down.
    There is the search bar you can use. Type in the faction you want to keep an eye on frequently, and the window shows you only that one, even if you close the window from time to time.
    But a sort function would still be nice. At least open fractions upwards and the finished ones downwards.

I also have a few suggestions/ideas for the game.

One in particular that I'm not able to post (I don't have the rights to make a new thread yet):

In addition to "Inspect" when you click on someone, there should be another tab of "See Alts"'

You can choose which alts you want to appear, and when someone clicks on it, they are able to see the alts you have (that you choose to show) and know you are the same person for those toons.

Also, when they click your name to see"Add to Friends List", that person could have the option to automatically add the alts as friends also, which you yourself approves to be added.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, what do you think?
    In my experience in the game, when a player is inspecting another, it's for a reason. They may like their outfit, be curious about their name (checking bio) or they may be checking out their gear/LI legacies or something like that. Players who do not mark themselves as anonymous, know exactly what other players can look at, so I presume, they are ok with it. That should automatically send the message to the inspector that the player is approachable, and if they are approachable, it means you can talk to them. Here enter the strength of the MMO part of the game - chat with them. Tell them you like their outfit, horse, or whatever you were looking at and get a conversation going. That's how it all starts, and before too long, you won't need a button to know their alts, you'll have them all as friends.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Lightbulb

I've seen people with outfits I like. They've been anonymous. I have sent them a tell and I think in 99% they have either sent the pieces as links in a tell to me or turned of anonymous for a few minutes, so I could check. It's all about explaining why You'd like to inspect them. When they realize You are not one of those they prefer to avoid then most are fine with it. Same in reverse. If someone send me a mature polite tell and ask where I got some pieces and such, or for ask for any advice, I am only happy to reply and help if I can. Sometimes a person might not notice Your tell and log off without seeing it of course. I'm sure I have too.

I don't like anonymity for just one reason. I will give an example. I've seen people who easy solo wipe out 6-mans instance with all bosses at level just -3 from their own. I was also very interested to know - what is they wearing that allow they to show such results? But I only got links to the most common items in PM when I asked this.

I have long been dreaming of the ability to pick up all letters from the mail at once with one click of the mouse. The "Take All" button is sorely lacking. It’s very tediously to stand and with a certain frequency click the mouse in each letter (you can’t do it faster, restriction for non-VIP players). But I understand that we - non-VIP players - will never see this button.

Thumbs down

I cant belive there is such interest to THIS topic. They guy who miss ? Like fore real ....
    I think i need smth more than glass of strong wine!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2