We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 76 to 84 of 84
  1. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfy View Post
    No, at level 120 now, essences are far weaker because the stat caps have been raised to very high levels.

    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cha...2FDefence_caps

    Compare the cap ratings for 115 vs 120 and you will see that the cap numbers are now 2-3 times greater than at 115.

    This means that numbers on essences need to be 2-3 times stronger (200-300%) to have the same % effect as they did at 115.

    But they are only about 30% stronger than at 115.

    This is where the problem lies, and has not been acknowledged by the devs.




    You obviously don't play a tanking class, as capping mits is very important.

    Have you even tried Thikil-Gundu T3?
    Do you know how hard the 2nd and last bosses will hit you without capped mits?

    Have you tried Blood of the Black Serpent, Quays, or Northcotton Farm T2 recently at 120 or any other instance?

    Please post links to videos of you doing these before you state that gear is balanced and that everything works.
    Otherwise we will have to assume that you've never even tried them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clerebald View Post
    lol yeah, gl doing T3 and Pellenor T2C without full mits as a tank.

    the problem is you need swaps because right now, you cant cap both phys and tac so you need swaps. I have a bit work to do on my guard so i have like 4-5 swap-pieces for tac atm. My BPE is really bad, if i slot that i loose to much morale.

    Forgot to mention the inc-healing, need swaps for that also. Its alot of essences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    My issue is miss given stats on the gear.
    Nothingtheless should an essence allways have the same worth compared to the cap.
    EG green 3%, purple 5%, blue 7% and golden 9%.
    And Do not have anything to do with the other given stats.
    The essences have an item level too, so they are a piece of gear for themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfy View Post
    Yes Mukor we have been nerfed in multiple ways.
    Also you are quoting current nerfed 115 gold essence values, not the old ones.
    The Northern Kingdom gold mitigation essences used to give 8682.
    See this page as proof:
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Essence
    (However all the old 115 essences have been severely nerfed and you can't use their current values)

    Thus, with the old heavy armor mit cap of 77,840, one gold essence would give more than 11% mitigation.
    Compare this with the best essences now at L120 that only give 3% mitigation, and you can see how much essences have been nerfed.

    Of course it's possible that upcoming teal and gold essences may have much higher values, but that is to be seen to be believed.
    For a L120 essence to give 11% mitigation (like the old Northern Kingdom ones did at 115) it would need a value of 27,000.
    Nothing you say is essence-specific.
    This is an issue with stat curves and general stats on ALL items. NOT ESSENCE-SPECIFIC.
    Therefore, not the topic of this thread.
    Here, the topic is stats of essences compared to stats of gear.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Nothing you say is essence-specific.
    This is an issue with stat curves and general stats on ALL items. NOT ESSENCE-SPECIFIC.
    Therefore, not the topic of this thread.
    Here, the topic is stats of essences compared to stats of gear.

    The topic is wishes for the essence system.
    So make essences stronger as a function of statcap is a wish for this system and go to full slot too.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Clerebald View Post
    lol yeah, gl doing T3 and Pellenor T2C without full mits as a tank.

    the problem is you need swaps because right now, you cant cap both phys and tac so you need swaps. I have a bit work to do on my guard so i have like 4-5 swap-pieces for tac atm. My BPE is really bad, if i slot that i loose to much morale.

    Forgot to mention the inc-healing, need swaps for that also. Its alot of essences.
    Which exactly shows why the essence system is bad in the way we use it now. Anything that *can* be done with essences will be *needed* 2 game releases later.

    The more customization we get, the more this customization will be needed.
    In fact the description above shows that, in a wide field of choices, we *have* no choice but need to wear specific sets at specific times or fail.

    Essences in their current state are therefore mainly an illusion of choice.

  4. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    The topic is wishes for the essence system.
    So make essences stronger as a function of statcap is a wish for this system and go to full slot too.
    Wanting better gear in terms of generally higher stats or changed stat-curves is not a wish for the essence-system.

    Wanting full-slot-gear is. Its a wish I strongly disagree with, but its a wish that is essence-specific.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Wanting better gear in terms of generally higher stats or changed stat-curves is not a wish for the essence-system.

    Wanting full-slot-gear is. Its a wish I strongly disagree with, but its a wish that is essence-specific.
    How are essences not a part of the essence system. Yourself want them weaker, weaker as the slot.
    I say they shouldn't be a function of the gear stats but a function of the value cap. So allways realtively with the same strenght

  6. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    How are essences not a part of the essence system. Yourself want them weaker, weaker as the slot.
    I say they shouldn't be a function of the gear stats but a function of the value cap. So allways realtively with the same strenght
    Obviously, essences are part of the essence system.
    Well, currently (and always in the past), essence stats are related to general equipment stats.
    It makes sense to have them related.
    I'd like to have the relation be somehow different, to give the choice a small penalty, because a choice which ONLY has bonusses is OP.
    You started arguing in several directions. Your "we generally have too bad stats" is not essence related, its generally equipment related.
    Now, you argue, that essences should always have the same value relative to statcaps. If this was the case, several questions/issues come up.
    The whole "lets change statcaps to make it harder to reach many statcaps at once", which was the main target behind the statcap changes, becomes obsolete.
    Then, do you only want essences to be relative to statcaps or do you generally want to improve all equipment? In other words, do you want all equipment on all levels to be relatively the same strong to that levels caps, so that it doesnt matter which level you have and you'll always feel the same (versus same level enemies)? Or, do you want essences to have completely unrelated stats to other equipment choices, whether that means having them better or worse than their slots, but making itemization incredibly much harder on DEV side.

    It just seems, that you want to cap all relevant stats, when the dev diary for mordor explicitly stated, that that is NOT the goal the DEVs have for our equipment (even though they completely failed on that with mordors itemization, but finally works now with lvl120 stat curves). But if you litterally want the devs to revert the statcap changes or (which is the same) buff all items, then that is general itemization and not essence specific.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Obviously, essences are part of the essence system.
    Well, currently (and always in the past), essence stats are related to general equipment stats.
    It makes sense to have them related.
    I'd like to have the relation be somehow different, to give the choice a small penalty, because a choice which ONLY has bonusses is OP.
    You started arguing in several directions. Your "we generally have too bad stats" is not essence related, its generally equipment related.
    Now, you argue, that essences should always have the same value relative to statcaps. If this was the case, several questions/issues come up.
    The whole "lets change statcaps to make it harder to reach many statcaps at once", which was the main target behind the statcap changes, becomes obsolete.
    Then, do you only want essences to be relative to statcaps or do you generally want to improve all equipment? In other words, do you want all equipment on all levels to be relatively the same strong to that levels caps, so that it doesnt matter which level you have and you'll always feel the same (versus same level enemies)? Or, do you want essences to have completely unrelated stats to other equipment choices, whether that means having them better or worse than their slots, but making itemization incredibly much harder on DEV side.

    It just seems, that you want to cap all relevant stats, when the dev diary for mordor explicitly stated, that that is NOT the goal the DEVs have for our equipment (even though they completely failed on that with mordors itemization, but finally works now with lvl120 stat curves). But if you litterally want the devs to revert the statcap changes or (which is the same) buff all items, then that is general itemization and not essence specific.
    It would became easier for the players at least casuals, if you have this constant. 10 e of this five of that etc. Would be less work for the players and give more play time. No pnew programming of Excel for statcalculations with every update.
    Same could be done with the armour value, always gives 90% of the armour type cap phy mit and shields always gives light 4%, warden 5% and heavy 6% phy mit with their armour. (offtopic)
    And for balancing, the devs could go the other wa,, more mits more out dmg from the mops other pull mechanics, for example burn down a tent in a Camp should pull at least ten enemies etc.

  8. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    It would became easier for the players at least casuals, if you have this constant. 10 e of this five of that etc. Would be less work for the players and give more play time. No pnew programming of Excel for statcalculations with every update.
    Same could be done with the armour value, always gives 90% of the armour type cap phy mit and shields always gives light 4%, warden 5% and heavy 6% phy mit with their armour. (offtopic)
    And for balancing, the devs could go the other wa,, more mits more out dmg from the mops other pull mechanics, for example burn down a tent in a Camp should pull at least ten enemies etc.
    Well. Thats finally something we can agree on. It would be easier to optimize equipment, if its constant for all levels and it would be easier to balanced scaled instances, if caps were always the same relative to gear. You could try to convince the devs to go back to pre-Mordor-style here.
    However, they clearly stated that they dont want that anymore and I, personally, prefer not being able to cap all relevant stats. I think I wrote often enough, that I, personally, would prefer not to have any caps at all and instead strong DR that roughly puts everyone in the same regions without limiting anyone to specialize whereever he wants. The DEVs decided to go away from "cap everything" to something like a middle ground towards my preferred style... You can still cap things, but not all at once. They can change plans or not, but that does not have to be related with the subject if essences should be stronger or weaker than their slots. Or, well, they could just start giving us only nice stats on non-essence gear and no one would cry a tear, I think :P
    A full set of tanking equipment that has nothing but armour, mitigations (enough to cap both), critical defense (a bit higher than 50%) and vitality. No might, no resistance, nothing. Then another set with roughly the same, but less vitality and quite some avoidances instead.
    Then one fully offensive set with nothing besides mainstat, mastery, crit and finesse.
    People could choose the items they want and be happy. I just dont see it happen.

    No one cares about fate or resistance, most people dont care about avoidances and currently, even mainstats are trash.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Well. Thats finally something we can agree on. It would be easier to optimize equipment, if its constant for all levels and it would be easier to balanced scaled instances, if caps were always the same relative to gear. You could try to convince the devs to go back to pre-Mordor-style here.
    However, they clearly stated that they dont want that anymore and I, personally, prefer not being able to cap all relevant stats. I think I wrote often enough, that I, personally, would prefer not to have any caps at all and instead strong DR that roughly puts everyone in the same regions without limiting anyone to specialize whereever he wants. The DEVs decided to go away from "cap everything" to something like a middle ground towards my preferred style... You can still cap things, but not all at once. They can change plans or not, but that does not have to be related with the subject if essences should be stronger or weaker than their slots. Or, well, they could just start giving us only nice stats on non-essence gear and no one would cry a tear, I think :P
    A full set of tanking equipment that has nothing but armour, mitigations (enough to cap both), critical defense (a bit higher than 50%) and vitality. No might, no resistance, nothing. Then another set with roughly the same, but less vitality and quite some avoidances instead.
    Then one fully offensive set with nothing besides mainstat, mastery, crit and finesse.
    People could choose the items they want and be happy. I just dont see it happen.

    No one cares about fate or resistance, most people dont care about avoidances and currently, even mainstats are trash.
    But thats the problem we're pushed in one direction. And need the left space/ slots to rescue it.
    And mits aren't just for tanks, at least melee dps need them too (360 aoe, auras...), Tanks need finesse too, that they aren't dependent on their taunts for building aggro or interupting as the primary interuptor isn't that easy anymore too much avoids.
    There need to be changed a lot, expanding auras that hunters get hitted too. But this is another topic. But it Shows the differences between classes and why they can't get given all the same gear a few Sets to choose.
    Not even the gaining from the main stats are the same, hunters get an additonal crit for agility so they're 50% in lead to champs for free. Additonal they get tac mit from vita which they need less a champs who don't get it.
    So the free choice isn't that strong as it looks like, there is to much to rescue with it. For some classes more as for others.

 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload