We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Yeah but we need full slot to avoid the mess the devs give us. Even if they would have the idea/ the time to realizr it what a class needs. IT doesn't mean that I need this with this class, cause my playstyle is far from normal etc. Full slot gives exact this. The stats buold from ly perfect fitting for me. So Yeah we need 100% not only 10%.
    I am missing a statement on how many essences were *actually* different in your build in comparison to others. I'll guess. 5?

What we're discussing here is that we need 100% flexibility to have a theoretical possibility that is practically not used.

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    I am missing a statement on how many essences were *actually* different in your build in comparison to others. I'll guess. 5?

What we're discussing here is that we need 100% flexibility to have a theoretical possibility that is practically not used.
    Not quite sure, long ago but 5 minimu yeah would guess more. Crit instead of a few partials wasn´t everything but the main difference.

But atm the differences would become bigger. Well will cap the mits a save morale pool around 200k. And the the differences starts. more morale, bpe, finesse, crit or even mastery, inc heal etc.
    Now we need far more stats as we ever can have so the buiklds will go different. How heal friendly I want to be, or will I be able to surve the figths without a heal, do I want to keep the aggro without force or do I want to be a force dependent #####.
    Will I go to an extremum or take the middle. etc
    And I would bet that the "standard" build used from the mayority even will be far away of what the devs woukl imagine.
    So yeah we need 100% flexibility.
    Last edited by Mukor; Dec 06 2018 at 10:10 AM.

Not quite sure, long ago but 5 minimu yeah would guess more. Crit instead of a few partials wasn´t everything but the main difference.
    Let's say you really, really did it different and used 15 different essences. Since this was long ago, what was the typical slot number at that time? ~30? ~50?
    With a very optimistic view we use half of the flexibility that essences give to us. This is much ado about nothing.

Let's say you really, really did it different and used 15 different essences. Since this was long ago, what was the typical slot number at that time? ~30? ~50?
    With a very optimistic view we use half of the flexibility that essences give to us. This is much ado about nothing.
    Ok we need minimum around 50% of the stats equal but the devs even don´t hit this 50% binding neccessary. So we need 100% flexibility to be satisfied.

Ok we need minimum around 50% of the stats equal but the devs even don´t hit this 50% binding neccessary. So we need 100% flexibility to be satisfied.
    Great to be almost on the same page.
    I definitely see the problem with the current gear, but my preferred solution is to get good gear rather than getting bad gear and fixing it with grind. Let's hope we get the good stuff :-)

Great to be almost on the same page.
    I definitely see the problem with the current gear, but my preferred solution is to get good gear rather than getting bad gear and fixing it with grind. Let's hope we get the good stuff :-)
    It´s not more grind as we allways done. It seems more cause it´s just for essences but we allways run a lot instances. to get thi shield or that ring etc. With 85 for example and the golden classitems it was even more.

If you say for yourself, that you don’t need it cause you only run landscape. Atm you've nonslot gear and allways will find it. At least run a few old instances in t1 easely to solo not much harder as landscape, at least with a group it's a total faceroll. And you get your non essence gear. But don't whine later that the others which so the work and build themself near perfect are so much stronger.
    But say remove essence gear and let everyone be limited to the devs knowledge is insane.
    Please, don't worry about me. If there is slotted gear to be had, I'll go get it. it;s not about me, or you, its about a lot more people than that. People who put in the work, have always been, and will always be - stronger than those that don't. It's been that way since the game began, and wont change.

You keep missing a crucial point in my posts. Here it is again for you . . .

. . . gear, done properly.

So yes, I'd much rather the team get rid of the essence system, and put in place gear, that is done right. Yes, I think they are highly capable of doing so, but people calling out for "let me by lots of solvents to play full slot", kinda makes them not want to (who could blame them for that).

Please don't turn this into some weird argument about difficulty, because that has nothing to do with it. It's about grind. If it were about difficulty, I'd be telling you that you don't need full slot, because, everything can be done without it. It's being done on every server already, with the slot allowances already present in the game.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

It´s not more grind as we allways done. It seems more cause it´s just for essences but we allways run a lot instances. to get thi shield or that ring etc. With 85 for example and the golden classitems it was even more.
    I have a different memory of that time. There was grind, but I cannot remember that it was that much. IMO the late phase of excessive gear grind started with Dol Amroth.

I have a different memory of that time. There was grind, but I cannot remember that it was that much. IMO the late phase of excessive gear grind started with Dol Amroth.
    In average we run 20 runs of an instances. I this time now you find minimum three essences.

A little point I'd like to ask:

With all these "gear is not optimal" and "I need 100% free choice of stats", where does that contradict my main point, that essences should be weaker than their slots? Which obviously is a balancing issue.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    A little point I'd like to ask:

With all these "gear is not optimal" and "I need 100% free choice of stats", where does that contradict my main point, that essences should be weaker than their slots? Which obviously is a balancing issue.
    Essences shouldn't be weaker as the slot, cause they are what the messed gear keep alive. Just look at tank gear, heavy far to much crit def, agility far to much resi. Even caster earings are better for tanks as tankearings etc. To the first point why they shouldn't be weaker.

To the second full slot as an improvment to this mess. Cause we can choose what we want and don't have to fix the dev given gear with just one slot.

In average we run 20 runs of an instances. I this time now you find minimum three essences.
    This was only needed for people that wanted to have the best shiny item for every slot. At that time we had solutions below that, which gave you something like 90% of the stats with 10% of the efforts. It just required a little consideration and multiple playstyles (from reputation over crafting to a few instance/raid runs).
    Today there is no longer a smart path. Even green essences require ashes (or previously: solvents or recipes).

Essences shouldn't be weaker as the slot, cause they are what the messed gear keep alive. Just look at tank gear, heavy far to much crit def, agility far to much resi. Even caster earings are better for tanks as tankearings etc. To the first point why they shouldn't be weaker.

To the second full slot as an improvment to this mess. Cause we can choose what we want and don't have to fix the dev given gear with just one slot.
    Your points dont make sense.
    The content is balanced on the gear we have. You yourself mentioned, that the gear is so good, that we dont even need any essences at all to run it.
    Still, you want not only perfect stats on gear, you want perfect gear with higher stats.
    Whats the point? What do you need that for? For which content do you need to be godlike?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Your points dont make sense.
    The content is balanced on the gear we have. You yourself mentioned, that the gear is so good, that we dont even need any essences at all to run it.
    Still, you want not only perfect stats on gear, you want perfect gear with higher stats.
    Whats the point? What do you need that for? For which content do you need to be godlike?
    It's not my fault that they miss the level of difficulty on the content it should habe. Not to say must have.
    But this doesn't justify to be satisfied with the mess we get on the armour.
    Cause both is #### it doesn't make it good.
    What the next step give All enemies one point morale and cero mits so wearing nö armour is good enough.
    If you look at your stats and what you have how much, you can't be, at least shouldn't be, satisfied.

It's the same as wearing a bine liner when it's rain. It's work, it's good enough but it look ####ty.

We need to get pushed to our limits. Or the fun is limited.

If I want to relax in my free time I watch TV but if I game I want to be required.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3