We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How can I get rid of the shadow of Mordor after level 120?

As leveling to 120, the amours and jewelry I wear in Mordor is replaced by new ones, which provide better stats but not any Light of Earnil. When get back to Mordor, I soon found myself devoured by the Shadow of Mordor.

I heard there is a passive skill, but where can I learn it?

Thanks

You don't earn it, it is a Passive Skill giving 80 Light by 119/120. Not enough for the upper areas of Mordor so I would keep enough of the old equipment with Light that will be enough if you venture back there.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by facelessvoid View Post
    As leveling to 120, the amours and jewelry I wear in Mordor is replaced by new ones, which provide better stats but not any Light of Earnil. When get back to Mordor, I soon found myself devoured by the Shadow of Mordor.

I heard there is a passive skill, but where can I learn it?
    "Races who choose to venture back into the lands of Mordor at level 116 and beyond will acquire a passive trait that grants 20 Light of Eärendil at level 116 that increases up to 80 Light by the time you reach level 119."

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Upd...9,_2018#Traits

Passive is not enough for Mordor areas, then in a lot of places you get an active Shadow of Mordor debuff and no way to eliminate it... except old gear.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Yeah at 120 you should have 80 LoE innate.
    I got a crafted blue pocket item (347) from Dale that's 30LoE. That takes me to 110 LoE where needed.
    Only a minor stat dip compared to my new EM pocket item.

Well you've shadow but more as 80 ligth isn't necessary. Even with 40 shadow Mordor is a piece of cake

+40 is one thing, +80 is quite another.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    +40 is one thing, +80 is quite another.
    You don´t get +80 except you will run the unscaleable instances.
    Maximum landscape needed is 100.

Further comment: said 30LoE blue pocket item has 2 essence slots and can be filled with 2 empowered essences of light. Takes a few days of grinding but chances are if you went through Mordor/NK you already got the currencies. The result is you can have a +70 LoE item that should suffice about anywhere. The instances (AoM, Nareband, CoS) suposedly do not have shadow above lvl 115.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Further comment: said 30LoE blue pocket item has 2 essence slots and can be filled with 2 empowered essences of light. Takes a few days of grinding but chances are if you went through Mordor/NK you already got the currencies. The result is you can have a +70 LoE item that should suffice about anywhere. The instances (AoM, Nareband, CoS) suposedly do not have shadow above lvl 115.
    Doesnt abyss raid stay at 115 and such keeps its Shadow?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

I checked Landscape today and found that the greatest amount was 100 in Agarnaith
    - Judge Dan Haywood

I checked Landscape today and found that the greatest amount was 100 in Agarnaith
    For landscape with enemies, thats true. But at the gate to Minas Morgul, there is slightly higher shadow. Afair 140, which might indicate that we'll need more shadow for the next update.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

I could have sworn that the areas Shadow used to be higher. That Pocket Item with two Light Essences would provide another +70 for a 150 total. After I got to 120 my rating was 362. With some swap outs I'm down to 282. I have a few more pieces to replace today but I will keep some of the 'old' stuff anyway.

I finally decided last night to finish up Thorzhaf and unlock the Mordor Dailies. Now I'll do those Dailies to finish up the Alliegences.
    Last edited by Raymore; Dec 02 2018 at 11:39 AM.
    - Judge Dan Haywood

I ran into this the other day. At 120, I still have an LOE of 90+. When I'm working on deeds, that's fine because as others have said, +10 shadow isn't a problem.

I joined a Mordath raid, though, because I have deeds there, though. The Shadows starts at 150 and I believe that at the second and third bosses, it's over 200. Even at higher level and better stats on your gear, +100 shadow will nerf you into uselessness.

That's why I said earlier to keep some of that Mordor Gear so you have it when you need it for the Mordor Instances.
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Ok, so raid is still same. Which would mean 150 shadow at t1, 200 at t2. However, there are many mobs that put out an additional +20 shadow. So recommended light for AoM is 170 for t1, 220 for t2.
    General Mordor most dailies lvl 115 areas are 100 shadow with occasional mob can bump it to 120.

So looks like for AoM t2, one would want to swap in an extra piece. I.e. crafted necklace from Dale with two light essences is another 60 LoE, giving 210 total.

One or two pieces wouldn't be bad. I didn't realize there were Light essences, where can I get them?

Thx

The essence box you can barter for those shadow fragments from former Festival wrapper quest rewards has a light essence (+16 LoE I think). But that is the only one I know.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by VGN-LarryMac View Post
    One or two pieces wouldn't be bad. I didn't realize there were Light essences, where can I get them?

Thx
    There is Empowered Shining Essence of Light with +20 LoE. more info here on lotro-wiki.com

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Ok, so raid is still same. Which would mean 150 shadow at t1, 200 at t2. However, there are many mobs that put out an additional +20 shadow. So recommended light for AoM is 170 for t1, 220 for t2.
    General Mordor most dailies lvl 115 areas are 100 shadow with occasional mob can bump it to 120.

So looks like for AoM t2, one would want to swap in an extra piece. I.e. crafted necklace from Dale with two light essences is another 60 LoE, giving 210 total.
    I believe it is needed also in CoS on second boss, at least that was the case last time I checked, we were doing lvl 120 T2. Drops are having light and teal items have pretty good stats (conclusion though from doing CoS twice so far on end level).

Also strangely, in Abyss on lvl 115 T2, I got lvl 120 cloak which made me think that they might scale Abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post
    I believe it is needed also in CoS on second boss, at least that was the case last time I checked, we were doing lvl 120 T2. Drops are having light and teal items have pretty good stats (conclusion though from doing CoS twice so far on end level).

Also strangely, in Abyss on lvl 115 T2, I got lvl 120 cloak which made me think that they might scale Abyss.
    In CoS, there are some areas with shadow. That should be a bug.
    However, there are areas where you can do all the fights and not require LoE, because there is no SoM. But at the second boss, that area is only between the throne and the way to the endboss. So no space to move without LoE gear. But if you can heal through the puddles, you can do the fight there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    In CoS, there are some areas with shadow. That should be a bug.
    However, there are areas where you can do all the fights and not require LoE, because there is no SoM. But at the second boss, that area is only between the throne and the way to the endboss. So no space to move without LoE gear. But if you can heal through the puddles, you can do the fight there.
    Ok, good to know and hope it gets fixed. I happened to be there on my mini first. I had about 150 LoE as I recall... No problem healing until you get one-shotted. Then I came on my rk with 210 LoE and we just burned him down. Granted I am not sure if LoE made all the difference or just better group setup, or both

Devs - Shadow continues in Mordor despite you saying it would not be anywhere but in Instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post
    Ok, good to know and hope it gets fixed
    Why has nobody mentioned that according to the Update 23 patch notes, shadow will not be active anywhere but inside instances:

"Shadow will now only apply at level 115 in the Court of Seregost and Dungeons of Naerband instances."

And yet there is still up to 100 Shadow in parts of Mordor Landscape. This should be addressed - it's clearly not WAI.

And yes I do realize it's not that big of a deal for most players, and at 120 you'll probably be fine with the +80 passive, but for returning players who didn't play Mordor, are level 105, leveling up, they will have no light to speak of. When they are working through the Black Book (especially light armour classes) it actually does affect them, even at 115, 116, going into Agarnaith for the black book has 80-100 shadow. And as mentioned - it's still not enough for the Abyss T2 highest areas unless you specifically set aside some gear just to bring your light up, thus sacrificing other stats.
    Last edited by Anjuli; Dec 12 2018 at 02:52 AM.
    Lord of the Rings Online (Since Alpha F&F)
    Every class at 120
    Asheron's Call (1999-2017) - Ling Mei

You can see up to 140 on Landscape at the 115 areas. Has anyone tried, on Landscape, to see whether the listed Shadow rating is actually effecting combat? There is one thing to say, via the meter, that there is +60 Shadow, and quite another to actually implement an effect from that Shadow/Light calculation.
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Anjuli View Post
    Why has nobody mentioned that according to the Update 23 patch notes, shadow will not be active anywhere but inside instances:

"Shadow will now only apply at level 115 in the Court of Seregost and Dungeons of Naerband instances."

And yet there is still up to 100 Shadow in parts of Mordor Landscape. This should be addressed - it's clearly not WAI.
    Probably a bit badly worded, but I think what that note means is that inside those instances, shadow only applies at 115. Nothing to do with landscape.
    There have been notes elsewhere explaining that lvl 116+ characters will get innate LoE.

You can see up to 140 on Landscape at the 115 areas. Has anyone tried, on Landscape, to see whether the listed Shadow rating is actually effecting combat? There is one thing to say, via the meter, that there is +60 Shadow, and quite another to actually implement an effect from that Shadow/Light calculation.
    Shadow increases the inc dmg and decreases the out going dmg, inv heal etc. (was 10 shadow =10%, need to look was it was)
    So figths get harder with schadow.
    But at least if you go overlevel against this works your lvl adavantages, more outgoing dmg less inc , harder to avoid you etc.
    Last edited by Mukor; Dec 12 2018 at 09:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast