We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    [*]All Adds (3 Drakes, 6 Whelplings) can be tanked by one Tank throughout the whole fight. They don't need to be killed as they don't continue spawning if you do not kill them. Is this intended? If yes, then I think this is a pretty dull design. They don't add anything interesting to the boss fight except that they're there and need to be tanked away from the boss.
    You are making useless the aoe melee dps here by doing things like that.All the mechanics are melee unfriendly and above all we have even that.Good job SSG now i become even more depressed...
    Last edited by Arandour; Dec 07 2018 at 05:18 AM.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

Best would be give the three drake a bublle from the boss and dmg out of hell that you've to cc them. And draklungs will overrun US if we don't kill them. 3 each 5s or something like this. So we have to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    You are making useless the aoe melee dps here by doing things like that.All the mechanics are melee unfriendly and above all we have even that.Good job SSG now i become even more depressed...
    We get it.

Class Wise

-- Current version pretty much allows any class to play now.

Tier 2

Boss 1

-- Belly Flop is a joke now, i main tanked the boss and was barely heals.
    -- Adds where not an issue.
    -- Damage needs to be increased slightly.
    -- The boss also bugs out and doesn't do anything for periods of time.

Boss 2

-- Some spicy damage but nothing a LM, decent healer and off tank couldn't deal with.
    -- Kiting still possible.
    -- Don't really see the point of this fight at the moment, more like a hard trash pull.
    -- I think more inspiration could be taken from Tower Orthanc here, the adds should be controlled, tanked etc... not balled up and AOE'd.

Boss 3

-- Nothing of note - straight forward.
    -- Needs to be more to this fight, he can be phased with no more than 1 of the stalactites.

Boss 4

-- 1st phase is dull, dps move, dps move, kill an add, hide, dps...
    -- Platform phase is bugged, get one shot when you land in certain places.
    -- Boss pace could be a tad slower in the gauntlet.
    Lob
    [EU] Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by 1Asy1 View Post
    We get it.

Sorry that i am so anxius about my class LOB and make you tired.You would probably act the same way if they put you on the bench for all Mordor and see that is going to happen again.I am proud so i want to be useful and not to be carrying by others cause of their good will.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    Sorry that i am so anxius about my class LOB and make you tired.You would probably act the same way if they put you on the bench for all Mordor and see that is going to happen again.I am proud so i want to be useful and not to be carrying by others cause of their good will.
    You could try the instance for yourself if you haven't already and detail specific feedback from a CHP perspective.

From what i can see its just been a series of complaints with no constructive information on possible changes.
    Lob
    [EU] Evernight

You could try the instance for yourself if you haven't already and detail specific feedback from a CHP perspective.

From what i can see its just been a series of complaints with no constructive information on possible changes.
    I think this is a very good idea, seeing as there isn't much feedback from champ perspectives. Or from any melee DPS perspectives really. Not as many as the other classes anyway.
    Ran red RK last day of testing and found that I did not have to move around very much for the 2 bosses I participated in before about half of my raid had to bounce.
    Wasn't there for boss 1, joined for bosses 2 and 3, and I stopped slamming DPS into those bosses to move probably a maximum of 10 times total. Mind you this isn't a full raid group either, probably around 8 people, my memory is a little hazy on the specifics. I think we had 1 mini, 1 hunt, 2 rks including myself(both red), 1 guard, 1 champ, 1 cappy, and a bear. It wasn't the easiest raid I've ever done given the amount of people we had, but we practically breezed through those bosses. Maximum 45 minutes for both of them! I do share the thoughts of it being a very dull raid. There need to be a helluva lot more mechanics in there. MORALE IS NOT A MECHANIC. The trash probably took longer to clear than the bosses.
    /outtie/

With the current non excisting mechanics, the small difficulty of the boss and the big enrage timers you can take 2-3 champions each grp.
    At least for t2.

I dont have group to do that.Those people that can give information's are mostly raid leaders like you so you can give advise of what they can add or remove from the raid so the melees and all classes can be useful.To be honest neither you or me should do that.The developers should know how to make all classes useful to a raid and not to wait feedback from the players for such things but only for very small changes.

Boss1:
    - Bellyflop Damage should be increased again.

Boss2:
    - Brunek I has an induction that you can interrupt, but does not show a visual effect, while other dwarf's do show a visual effect.

Boss3:
    - Increase Damage of Morgul Bite again, maybe make it kill all Player's that don't have the eye and still get hit by it.

Trash:
    - Decrease the Moral and increase the Damage.

General:
    - All Damage done by Bossmobs is Common Damage.

Bensey Guardian - Ito Burglar - Oti Captain - Cuura Loremaster - Rustiy Runekeeper
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

I've tested the full raid twice on a Redline Captain. I can give some better feedback of the raid from a melee-perspective., since there have been alot of unhappy melee-players in this thread.

- Boss 1:
    As far as i've heard the ads aren't working as intended so the fight is unfinished. However the boss often runs around chasing people alot of the time. This is really annoying as a melee class. As a captain i'm still able to keep my buffs up as i just need to be hitting it every 40-45s to do so, but it is really frustrating when you're actually trying to DPS. Especially when you know your ranged colleagues can just stand at one spot the whole time without problem unless someone kites the boss out of range.

I'd suggest making the ads more present in the fight, and have them actually be needed to kill to complete the raid. For example by spawning more on a time-base or on a % of Isvitha's morale. Since there's many ads, CMP's and WRD's will have an advantage in this position, especially when the boss needs to be damaged meanwhile where RK's and Hunters are at a better advantage.

- Boss 2:
    There are 2 Kings with a heavy-hitting 360 AoE Attack. One is inducted and can be avoided by running out of range timely, if you don't it is likely to one-shot you. Another does a 360 AoE without warning (with this I mean that it is instant without induction). This attack does not kill you in the early fight, until one or more of the bosses die and give a melee damage buff to the others. If i remember correctly there are also Kings that give the others a melee damage buff during the fight. If these get combined this attack is also most likely to one-shot you. Since, compared to "The Sunderer's" Inducted AoE attack, this is hard to avoid this is a big issue for any melee class that is not the tank. Again, the ranged DPS'ers hardly need to move here and can DPS without interrupts.

I don't really have inspiration for suggestons, but the fact that there is 5 bosses at once is very promising to make AoE DPS'ers useful. I like the Inducted AoE attack where you have to move to avoid being killed, but i would suggest adding something similar for the Ranged DPS'ers. Maybe an AoE that does more damage the further you are away from the boss? This way both melee classes and ranged classes have to look out for this.
    Another way to make AoE classes, as mentioned above is for ads to spawn, eventually one of the dwarves could summon sopme, but i don't think spawning ads everywhere just to make melee DPS'ers feel useful is a good idea either. Especially since in this fight there are already 5 bosses.

Make the bosses immune to slows (as many have suggested before) or even give them extra runspeed and an attack that slows the tank, since the easiest way to complete this fight right now is to kite the bosses around. As we all know, kiting as a favorite to melee classes.

- Boss 3:
    I think this fight is ok as it is. However a very big annoyance to me was that I can't hit the Icicle's as a melee class (Battle Shout FTW). Since there is not really any point to DPS the boss at this stage, a melee DPS is for 50% of the first phase entirely useless. Either make us able to hit the Icicle's, or make it work like this that Karazgar will only dismount at like 10% of their morale, even when they have been hit 3 times by a falling icicle so that the melee classes can DPS the boss while the ranged take down the Icicle's.
    I don't think spawning ads will ad much to the fight here, as mentioned above. What could be a cool idea instead, to make one of the bosses in the second phase extra vulnerable to ranged and tactical damage and strong against physical melee damage, while the other one is extra vulnerable to melee damage and strong against ranged and tactical damage.

- Boss 4:
    A general opinion about this fight is that it is mildly disappointing indeed. It is not the first time that we don't actually kill a boss and we see it appear later, but it feels a bit like an anti-climatic ending to this raid. Although i do really like both phases of this fight, or they do look very promising when all the bugs are gone, Ifeel like this fight misses a phase. Add a new phase on the platform, or make us fight her outside in the arena of the first boss again once we excape the caves. There she could fly away or storm back into the cave if she shouldn't be killed at this point yet.

As for feedback from a melee's perpective the phirst phase seems fine, it's is the same for everyone, but i would suggest to make not standing bvehind the stones when she is casting, until she actually does her cast, more dangerous (knockbacks or damage). At this point ranged DPS'ers can safely DPS until the last moment before she does her attack. Melee DPS'ers need to be behind the stones at this point, unless they can time their run very well treach safety in time. Here is the ussue again with melee's having to get our of mele range while ranged DPS'ers can safely damage.
    The phase where you have to run to the exit does look the most CMP/WRD friendly part as there are a lot of ads. We haven't actually been able to complete this phase of the fight yet, but i'm assuming that when the Grims die, the passage opens and the fight ends. If the other ads despawn here, this takes away the value of a melee AoE DPS again.

- In general:

I liked the first looks i had on this raid, but it looks to go into the direction again of favoring ranged DPS'ers entirely, not only by their superior ST damage, but also due to the mechanics in the raid, where melee DPS'ers are forced, or unable to do their jobs for a while, while ranged DPS'ers have no problems at all. That said, a lack of these mechanics where ranged classes have to watch their positioning, might in time, also get boring for them. Since standing one one spot, doing damage they can do anywhere else too.
    Keep in mind these suggestions are ment to give melee (AoE) DPS'ers a value to the raid group. I do not want to cripple the ranged classes in favor of the melee classes.

Another thing to note is that I was able to complete the full raid, while being HEAVILY undermitigated (Sorry Drizzels i lied). I had 150k physical mitigations and 45k tactical mitigations. The only times i died was when i was not careful enough and took damage where i could have very well avoided it. While am aware that the raid is not in its final stages yet, and there is another difficulty to come, in my opinion it's quite sad that this is possible. In my opinion a raidsshould be the hardest instances available, where a proper build is needed. My hopes are that this is the case in the upcoming tier 3 difficulty ^^

Overall i want to compliment the designers of this raid, i had a very good first impression and this raid looks very promising. However Ihope it can be properly balanced to be fun for everyone!
    Last edited by Harigrim; Dec 08 2018 at 09:46 AM.
    Fearendur, Captain R12 -- Original Challenger of the Abyss
    Eleannora, Rune Keeper R10 -- Aemeryllis, Guardian -- Challenger of the Abyss

Odyssey - Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzels View Post
    With the current non excisting mechanics, the small difficulty of the boss and the big enrage timers you can take 2-3 champions each grp.
    At least for t2.
    So you can take champs out of mercy. thanks. *irony off*
    We must get to a state where minimum on champs is needed not just tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Harigrim View Post
    - Boss 4:
    A general opinion about this fight is that it is mildly disappointing indeed. It is not the first time that we don't actually kill a boss and we see it appear later, but it feels a bit like an anti-climatic ending to this raid. Although i do really like both phases of this fight, or they do look very promising when all the bugs are gone, Ifeel like this fight misses a phase. Add a new phase on the platform, or make us fight her outside in the arena of the first boss again once we excape the caves. There she could fly away or storm back into the cave if she shouldn't be killed at this point yet.

The first thing i thought of was exactly the same... a third phase outside the Cavs where we encountered the first boss would be very cool. But the end has to be more exciting 100%

raid on new beta:

boss 1:

that boss is so buggy. most of the time he is standing doing literally nothing.

when he eats someone and that person gets revived, the boss still chases him for some time. is that wai ?

belly flop damage got increased which is a good thing. but the boss itself is doing 0 damage.

the bleed from puddles only expire after ticking 3-4 times even that the tooltip has no limit ( you will keep bleeding as long as you staying in the puddle)

tbh i'd rather to delete that boss or and start it from scratch

boss 2:

the most amazing fight in the raid. was harder than last beta but it was great. - maybe need a slight nerf-

boss 3:

good to see some new mechanics added. much better than before. i think the damage was increased here as well

you can avoid taking damage from vethug if you stood above the gold piles.

boss 4:

haven't tried it much but it seems like it is broken. the person who has the eye basically him and all the people around him takes 600+k damage

- also i hope you can fix the reflect before the raid comes out. you can literally get boss 4 to phase 2 just by reflecting his 1 shot.
    Creeps:
    Deathlyheals - R14 defiler - Karnage. | Deadlyline - R10 Warg - Karnage.
    Freeps - Limit.
    RIP Faded

General feedback: Got to boss 4 today, disbanded at boss 4 because of issues i will list below.

BOSS 1:

If person dies with the eye, the worm will continue to chase the person after he revives for the remaining amount before effect expires.
    Worm sometimes stops and just stands still and watches for like 1 minute before he starts and does something.
    It's really hard to not die from the eye effect at the moment because the worm only needs to touch you and you get one shot.
    Add spawning is still random, sometimes 1 wave spawns, sometimes 2 wave spawns.
    Worm damage on tank is still non existant, adds damage on tank should be tuned down.
    Belly flop one shots anyone who does not have 120k morale above.

BOSS 2:

We only survived because we rotated between tank CDs and RK fates stone. Probably impossible to do without so, damage of bosses is insane without rock (?intended)
    Enrage timer 10 minutes - on T3 not really sure how we gonna meet enrage timer with the amount of HP bosses have

BOSS 3:

Morgul cleave does no damage
    Dragon breath sometimes 1 shots, sometimes does not
    When Dragon starts phasing to icecicle phase, he one shooted all of our dpsers (?130k hit, intended?)
    When karazgar becomes immune, he becomes immune to force taunt also, when 1 tank dies he can't swap aggro anymore.
    Puddles don't give any danger right now.

BOSS 4:

Was broken, couldn't finish it.

REASON:
    The Hrímil Frost-heart scored a hit with Freezing Breath on Liegnitz for 1,422,756,992 Frost damage to Morale.
    The Hrímil Frost-heart scored a hit with Freezing Breath on Meldo for 800,422,756,992 Frost damage to Morale.
    The Hrímil Frost-heart scored a hit with Freezing Breath on Insomnia for 940,422,756,992 Frost damage to Morale.

When a person gets the eye, you have 2-3 seconds before dragon does this attack, nowhere you can hide or do anything to avoid it, person with the eye can run away, but still won't stop him from dying.

Can't give more feedback about boss 4 because we didn't get anywhere.

I haven't read feedback of this topic i only want the new raid to be Champion friendly!!!! CHAMPIONS DESERVE IT!!!
    Argohald 120 Champion(main), Phokalin 120 Guardian, Helectra 105 Warden Aegean eagles kinship in Evernight
    Aleziana 105 Lore master, Ellinas 100 Guardian, Armonia 65 Captain in Landroval

Just some small tweaks and bugs I noticed after our run

Boss 1

Starting to look better.
    -The boss will still stand in place for long periods of time with doing absolutely nothing
    -When someone gets a purple eye, dies, and is rezzed after. Isvitha will remain chasing the target until the original eye timer fades. Not sure if this is working as intended but the dragon runs at normal speed while the person just kites around again.
    -Burglar can hips when receiving the eye and it removes the effect, not sure if this is intended either.
    -It looks like adds spawning are time based now. This is fine to me.

Boss 2

-Lots of people like this fight.
    -EDIT: You can still kite the bosses with enrage timer. This needs to be fixed.

Boss 3

-There is still a spot (i think it is on top of the coin piles) where a tank can stand and not take any damage from Vethug. Please fix.
    -The Karazgar and Vethug debuffs is a cool mechanic for phase 3.
    -Icicles seem to be less buggy. Not sure if my group was just more experienced here or they made the icicles easier to hit the boss.

Boss 4

-This fight still needs lots of work, this is no where near ready for live.

Phase1
    -When the fight starts out Hrimril will perform three mechanics right away in quick succession
    1. She stuns the whole group...what is the point of this? This seems to be the only time she stuns the group.
    2. The ice walls drop and she does her one shot...the animations is twice as fast as it was in the previous BR build. The walls drop in random locations and sometimes
    you just do not have enough time to get behind a wall before she blows you up. I have seen a wall spawn on top of players where they cannot move either.
    3. She applies a blue eye to someone in the group...this seems to be the most broken part of the fight right now. She applies a blue eye to ta player where the person
    has 3-5 seconds to get out of the group before she uses her frost breath on the target. This attack will do anywhere between 500,000 to 1 million damage. Scale this
    waaaaay back. Sometimes she will apply a blue eye in the middle of her one shot mechanic with the walls, i do not think this is working as intended either. The eye
    mechanic needs a lot of working on.
    4. She will do a large knock back to the whole group that if not close enough will knock you off the platform...seems to be working fine so far

-Some other things that need looked at phase 1. Ice puddles drop around Hrimril, this is fine. It takes a long time for these puddles to despawn which with multiple attempts they begin to stack all around her. They should reset every time the fight itself resets. The Ice wall mechanic and Eye mechanic will overlap each other, she is in the middle of her one shot animation but will still apply an eye to someone, this I think needs to be fixed.
    -There simply is just too much going on in this phase that is broken. Needs a lot of tweaking

Transition phase
    -The platform collapse is super buggy right now. It kills people even if the point is for the group to drop down. To avoid dieng you have to stand in the middle of the room and when the platform is collapsing you have to run up the ice shard towards the center so you do not die. This whole thing needs to be fixed so when the transition phase begins it is not killing people immediately falling.

Gauntlet phase
    -Still seems like a really awkward phase. You run through all the drakes and whelpings, kill two Bound Grims and the fight ends? Seems very incomplete to me. If you are not quick enough Hrimil is very fast and will kill the entire group quickly. There is not a lot of time to kill these Grims, forcing you to ignore everything else and to just bum rush to the grims. This whole phase needs a second look.

One glaring mechanic that must be fixed in this fight is the blue eye. Right now, you can apply air lore to the target with the eye and it will reflect Hrimril to the next phase immediately. Another reason why this mechanic needs scaled back.
    Last edited by luckygirl1; Dec 14 2018 at 12:41 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5