We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Results 126 to 149 of 149
  1. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post

    I see testers on BR going in with the "perfect grp" and getting it done. That is fine if that is the route that some teams want to take and destroy the content on day one. I feel the approach should be different, give the feedback where we make ALL Classes viable and not alienate classes.
    Our champ parses this week on BR

    Boss 1: 80-90k
    Boss 2: 200k (with having to move out of group of The Sundering)
    Boss 3: 100k
    Boss 4: Never got confirmation on his boss parse here. But I can still see them being useful during other phases.


    Champs and wardens are also nice for all trash pulls.

    Basically what i'm trying to say is, yes, melee are still viable in this raid. You just have to unfortunately work harder than a ranged dps would need to. But the excuses of Melee being completely in the dark in this raid is just an excuse on their own part.
    Last edited by luckygirl1; Dec 20 2018 at 07:14 PM.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Skarháld
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    I see testers on BR going in with the "perfect grp" and getting it done. That is fine if that is the route that some teams want to take and destroy the content on day one. I feel the approach should be different, give the feedback where we make ALL Classes viable and not alienate classes.
    The big picture of most mechanics and boss design is already put in place, well before players begin testing, and our feedback necessarily is about the potency of those mechanics and whether they're working correctly. Just about any class is viable in T2 at current difficulty.

    That said, if a buff to T2 happens, or in T3 I could see Champs being not just viable, but invaluable. There are several places, depending on strategy, where melee (AoE) may end up more optimal than ranged, in Boss 1, Boss 2, and gauntlet phase of Boss 4. There is the potential for requiring things to be killed that are currently ignored. I agree the punishment on melee is there, but my vote is make the reward worth the punishment.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    The big picture of most mechanics and boss design is already put in place, well before players begin testing, and our feedback necessarily is about the potency of those mechanics and whether they're working correctly. Just about any class is viable in T2 at current difficulty.

    That said, if a buff to T2 happens, or in T3 I could see Champs being not just viable, but invaluable. There are several places, depending on strategy, where melee (AoE) may end up more optimal than ranged, in Boss 1, Boss 2, and gauntlet phase of Boss 4. There is the potential for requiring things to be killed that are currently ignored. I agree the punishment on melee is there, but my vote is make the reward worth the punishment.

    100% agree!

  4. #129
    boss 1:

    - still buggy, a lot of times boss is doing very weird animation when it is moving.

    - the bleed of puddle is fine but when you are on a puddle/crystal, the bleed is ticking only for 4-5 ticks then it disappears even if you didn't move out of it... this is basically for all the puddles in the raid please fix it.

    boss 2:

    - the ranged king ( can't remember his name) is doing very low damage ( 10k per hit ? )

    - this boss is nice, keep it like that.

    boss 3:

    - puddles don't disappear if you wipe/reset the boss.

    - same as boss 1, if you stand on puddle/crystal it will only tick 4-5 times then you will stop bleeding even if you didn't move.

    - damage of boss is not bad atm

    boss 4:

    - unfinished as usual.

    - puddles don't disappear if you wipe/reset the boss.

    - if you stand on puddle it will only tick 4-5 times even if you didn't move.

    - would be great if you improved the animation of that boss too.
    Creeps:
    Deathlyheals - R14 defiler - Karnage. | Deadlyline - R10 Warg - Karnage.
    Freeps - Limit.
    #NerfBeornings

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    291
    Feedback from Round 4 this week:

    Boss 1


    -The boss will still stand in place for long periods of time with doing absolutely nothing. He is simply braindead
    -Belly flop does more dmg but still really low.
    -Adds are still not working as intended and are to easy to ignore.They got a buff this week maybe but still nothing you NEED to deal with. That is maybe fine for T1 but not really great for t2.
    -The outgoing dmg of the main boss is super super tiny. He could use a lot more mechanics on that.
    Aswell a mechanic where you need to use a pot(fear/would/poison/disease) would be easy to implement here.

    Boss 2

    -Some of the bosses do absolute nothing in enrage. 1 fire rk was able to TANK 1 dwarf in enrage and he did 10k hits every 3-5 sec. Thats nothing.
    -You can still kite the bosses with enrage timer. This needs to be fixed.!!!
    The main dwarf kin(ingor) could use a few more cool mechanics aswell.


    Boss 3

    -There is still a spot (i think it is on top of the coin piles) where a tank can stand and not take any damage from Vethug. Please fix.
    -Karazgar and Vethug dont do a lot of dmg in total.
    -This fight got so high potencial but atm it seems really really boring and really really easy.
    I miss something where you really need to watch out

    Sadly still a lot of mechanics missing here

    Boss 4

    I think this week here changed most stuff.
    I like the first phase now more, it requires some movement and coordination.
    Puddels are bugged atm and dont despawn.
    I still dont like the gauntlet phase since it doesnt really feel like a real raid encounter!

  6. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by luckygirl1 View Post
    Our champ parses this week on BR

    Boss 1: 80-90k
    Boss 2: 200k (with having to move out of group of The Sundering)
    Boss 3: 100k
    Boss 4: Never got confirmation on his boss parse here. But I can still see them being useful during other phases.


    Champs and wardens are also nice for all trash pulls.

    Basically what i'm trying to say is, yes, melee are still viable in this raid. You just have to unfortunately work harder than a ranged dps would need to. But the excuses of Melee being completely in the dark in this raid is just an excuse on their own part.
    Sorry but this is not about DPS numbers. This is simply about things "being being easier for range classes". There are no excuses here and I am providing facts here. I am not saying champs need to be removed, however the range class has to many advantages going for it at this point. I gave specific examples on why that is the case.

    I am not going to disagree that Champs are "great for trash pulls". That is not the "debate" here. What I am explaining that melees have to deal with additional issues that range do not. Why bother having a melee in there when a range can do more damage and avoid the mechanics better? Why "work harder" when the raid does not have too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    The big picture of most mechanics and boss design is already put in place, well before players begin testing, and our feedback necessarily is about the potency of those mechanics and whether they're working correctly. Just about any class is viable in T2 at current difficulty.

    That said, if a buff to T2 happens, or in T3 I could see Champs being not just viable, but invaluable. There are several places, depending on strategy, where melee (AoE) may end up more optimal than ranged, in Boss 1, Boss 2, and gauntlet phase of Boss 4. There is the potential for requiring things to be killed that are currently ignored. I agree the punishment on melee is there, but my vote is make the reward worth the punishment.
    The reward is NOT there and I doubt it will get to that point unless many point out the issues (which a few are trying to accomplish on this thread). Sorry but so far testing indicates Range has a "greater advantage" then a champ at this point. A champ has its "limited" advantages, but that is just it, limited. As you indicated, the punishment is there for melee classes, why must it be melee classes facing these punishments?

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Skarháld
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    The reward is NOT there and I doubt it will get to that point unless many point out the issues (which a few are trying to accomplish on this thread). Sorry but so far testing indicates Range has a "greater advantage" then a champ at this point. A champ has its "limited" advantages, but that is just it, limited. As you indicated, the punishment is there for melee classes, why must it be melee classes facing these punishments?
    For a quick zerg run with missing or untertuned mechanics, sure, melee is at a disadvantage. However the design of the raid is laid out such that there is plenty of potential for melee with further tweaks to T2 or T3.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    323
    I've only read the past 2 pages, so apologies if I mention something others have said.

    Champs/Melee viability: Agree with both sides -- Champ AOE is incredibly strong, they're not being carried on the bosses and there are aspects of all the fights that could make Champs extremely strong in T3.

    At the same time, there's a real issue where most of the mechanics in this game tend to require melee to pay more attention, and very rarely make Ranged's job harder.

    -------------

    Disclaimer: Hadn't been in since first build myself due to being away, and we weren't able to go in with much of an ideal group makeup for this latest build. Managed to get to Boss 4 and had maybe 3 attempts before we had to call it for the night (got to 82% before a bunch of us got killed by messing up with the Punt).

    Boss 1:

    Add spawns are buggy, and not interesting enough to require a Champ to AOE them, or anything. Hopefully the former is changed with next build, and the latter is at least changed with T3. The whole fight is super buggy, it seems. Eye being able to be placed on off-tank is silly, Eyes being able to be placed on Pets is a real issue, and allows the fight to be exploited, even unintentionally.

    Boss 2:

    Really good fight from a Healer and Tank perspective, and good risk-reward for Champs. Could make tank-swapping more important.

    Enrage doesn't currently affect Ranged damage.

    There are no mechanics for Ranged damage dealers to really be concerned about which makes the fight relatively boring from a Ranged perspective.

    Boss 2-3 Trash

    I am in love with the fact that you've implemented some optional Mini-Boss bosses down hallways you don't have to go down, but which give loot. Good fun for when farming the instance, and even in progression. Fun addition.

    Boss 3

    Icicles hitbox is pretty annoying sometimes, and not being able to target them pre-fight is frustrating since it can be hard to target them mid-fight. Would love it if they could be green pre-fight, so we can Tooltip them.

    Puddles don't do enough damage to Tanks to be worth moving out of, which removes any interesting aspect which requires you to move in Phase 3. Maybe add an incoming damage tiering up debuff if you stand in it for 5-10 seconds or something? (A debuff added to the puddles that, say, start at +10% incoming damage for 10 seconds, then tier up to +50% after 10 seconds if you're still in a puddle)

    Cool fight that I hope can be made less-faceroll-y especially in T3.

    Boss 4

    Puddles don't despawn, and I have the same opinion as Drizzels -- Phase 2 of the fight (Grims) is anti-climactic. Would love a more interesting aspect than 'zerg down Grims'. Potential for an extremely cool fight here, but it's just not that exciting from what I've seen and played.

    --

    Overrall Major Bugs: Puddles don't despawn on Bosses 3 and 4, and mechanics targetting Pets + dead players is creating major issues.

    --------------

    Overrall the Raid has seemed to have had some real love put into it. The scenery, the gear, etc. I just hope you guys are able to push each fight up a notch and add some more interesting mechanics for T3. I'm sure many others have said it, but -- if there aren't extra mechanics in T3 and it's 99% just +outgoing damage, -mits, +morale pool then the potential of T3 Raid Tier will be kinda wasted.

    Throw wrenches at us!
    Last edited by canyouaddcolour; Dec 21 2018 at 05:38 PM.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    112
    Could we get a universal token to drop from all of the bosses? They would be similar to Ancient Ithil Coins from Throne and can be used to get imbuement scrolls, relic scrolls, essence scrolls etc.

    Coins of Grarik could be repurposed for this.

    Probably too late to add, but thought I would ask.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Middle-earth
    Posts
    871
    Will jewelry still contains evade stat on some items. (as of round 5)
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    18
    I wonder about raid locks? Do we need to do all bosses at once or there is like flag system like Abyss so we can continue later after 1st boss etc. ??

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Middle-earth
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir1903 View Post
    I wonder about raid locks? Do we need to do all bosses at once or there is like flag system like Abyss so we can continue later after 1st boss etc. ??
    There are treasure locks like in new instance cluster and quest.

    This quest saves your progress and the instance will adjust to the first person who enters in it.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    291
    Feedback from Round 5 this week:

    Boss 1


    -The boss will still stand in place for long periods of time with doing absolutely nothing. He is simply braindead
    -Belly flop does more dmg but still really low. Happens more frequntly!
    -Adds are still not working as intended and are to easy to ignore. They got a buff this week maybe but still nothing you NEED to deal with. That is maybe fine for T1 but not really great for t2.
    -The outgoing dmg of the main boss is super super tiny. He could use a lot more mechanics on that.
    Aswell a mechanic where you need to use a pot(fear/would/poison/disease) would be easy to implement here.

    Boss 2

    -Some of the bosses do absolute nothing in enrage. 1 fire rk was able to TANK 1 dwarf in enrage and he did 10k hits every 3-5 sec. Thats nothing.
    -You can still kite the bosses with enrage timer. This needs to be fixed.!!!
    The main dwarf kin(ingor) could use a few more cool mechanics aswell.

    With Build 5 they got nerved a lot and do a lot less dmg


    Boss 3

    -There is still a spot (i think it is on top of the coin piles) where a tank can stand and not take any damage from Vethug. Please fix.
    -Karazgar and Vethug dont do a lot of dmg in total.
    -This fight got so high potencial but atm it seems really really boring and really really easy.
    I miss something where you really need to watch out

    Sadly still a lot of mechanics missing here

    With build 5 the incoming dmg of the tanks was 5k/sec.

    In the current build this boss is ridicolous easy!

    Boss 4

    A lot better now

    Requires movement and communication.
    So far the only boss that feels like t2!

  14. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzels View Post
    Feedback from Round 5 this week:

    Boss 1
    Aswell a mechanic where you need to use a pot(fear/would/poison/disease) would be easy to implement here.
    Also some corruption removal would be cool.
    44 Bulldog

  15. #140
    boss 1 still stands for a good amount of time doing nothing.

    boss 2 got nerfed

    boss 3 got nerfed, you can still not take any damage if you stand on top of the coin piles

    boss 4 is good.

    i am not even sure do you even read this?? boss 1 and boss 3 bugs have been there since beta 1 and still not fixed yet, and i doubt it will be fixed at all even. so you can easily avoid taking damage in boss 3, and boss 1 is being dumb.

    this is just sad, didn't expect more anyways.
    Creeps:
    Deathlyheals - R14 defiler - Karnage. | Deadlyline - R10 Warg - Karnage.
    Freeps - Limit.
    #NerfBeornings

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens/Greece
    Posts
    143
    Sorry i dont have group to join and tested myself so i have a few questions for those that have done it.What is the Ideal Setup In general?Is the raid still unfriendly for melees and especially for champions or they can be useful?Thank you.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Narzul Lore Master-Ruarin Guardian-Gorgeous Minstrel
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Hoarhallow
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    Sorry i dont have group to join and tested myself so i have a few questions for those that have done it.What is the Ideal Setup In general?Is the raid still unfriendly for melees and especially for champions or they can be useful?Thank you.
    Stack RK's

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens/Greece
    Posts
    143
    Well you want feedback you got it.

    I Did 3 bosses at T1 tonight i rage quit at forth cause no mood to continue anymore after from what i sow.

    In all fights in all bosses you made AOE dps useless i had to be on red line in all fights and run behind the bosses cause most of the times the tank was kitting.So why to get a champion in the group range can do that job much better.

    I felt like champion only for some trashes between bosses and even there if you bring an RK instead of champion it would be better.

    So First boss AOE unfriendly you dont even have to deal with the adds.

    Second boss AOE unfriendly,third boss and fourth also.

    What were you thinking i wonder you think only hunters and runekeepers play this game how can i stand when those classes do double dps and they dont even have to be anxious to survive or run behind a boss like me?
    I cannot even imagine how useless the champions can be at T3 realy.Unbelievable you guys are truly unbelievable......
    Last edited by Arandour; Jan 10 2019 at 08:19 PM.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Narzul Lore Master-Ruarin Guardian-Gorgeous Minstrel
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    Well you want feedback you got it.

    I Did 3 bosses at T1 tonight i rage quit at forth cause no mood to continue anymore after from what i sow.

    In all fights in all bosses you made AOE dps useless i had to be on red line in all fights and run behind the bosses cause most of the times the tank was kitting.So why to get a champion in the group range can do that job much better.

    I felt like champion only for some trashes between bosses and even there if you bring an RK instead of champion it would be better.

    So First boss AOE unfriendly you dont even have to deal with the adds.

    Second boss AOE unfriendly,third boss and fourth also.

    What were you thinking i wonder you think only hunters and runekeepers play this game how can i stand when those classes do double dps and they dont even have to be anxious to survive or run behind a boss like me?
    I cannot even imagine how useless the champions can be at T3 realy.Unbelievable you guys are truly unbelievable......
    Plot twist, the raiding group that completed T2 Anvil on Arkenstone 2 hours after raid was released had a champion. (Meldo)
    Last edited by QueenArleth; Jan 11 2019 at 12:09 PM.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens/Greece
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    Plot twist, the raiding group that completed T2 Anvil 2 hours after raid was released had a champion. (Meldo)
    Good to know cause in my server the kin that completed T2 Anvil some hours after the raid released hadn't
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Narzul Lore Master-Ruarin Guardian-Gorgeous Minstrel
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    Plot twist, the raiding group that completed T2 Anvil on Arkenstone 2 hours after raid was released had a champion. (Meldo)
    Very specific, what had He done, dps or offtank? Just one question in the room

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Very specific, what had He done, dps or offtank? Just one question in the room
    DPS of course.

    Edit: I forgot the period.
    Last edited by QueenArleth; Jan 11 2019 at 03:53 PM.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens/Greece
    Posts
    143
    Why dont you make must to deal with the adds in first boss and not kitting around like crazy?I f we can deal with them then the champions can be useful.Now we loose our spots from range dps
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Narzul Lore Master-Ruarin Guardian-Gorgeous Minstrel
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    Plot twist, the raiding group that completed T2 Anvil on Arkenstone 2 hours after raid was released had a champion. (Meldo)
    Even though a Champ might be possible for use on Tier 2, I don't see it happening for tier 3. Besides you can take 5 RK's and clear it easy, but take 5 Champions on first or last boss and you will fail forever.

 

 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload