We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Since medium can wear both these sets, it's only fair that light armour also well receives a "-10 attack duration" set. Currently, light classes only get -10 induction time.

Ah yes... because attack duration is massively important on 3 of the highest induction based classes?

Attack duration is important on all classes.

Greetings!
    Would be nice if you added "the eye" type of attacks by bosses as debuffs in a character's debuff row. Sometimes it's hard to notice the eye on yourself or others (especially if you have some visual effects off in order to increase the overall game performance), making you constantly pay attention to bosses' voicelines, or if game sounds muted, to chat tab. It's ok if it's intended to make the raid more difficult. The problem here is that some bosses can be too far away from you to have the voiceline typed in your chat tab.
    So please take a look at it. Moreover, we always had it as debuffs in prevoius instance content (BG, Throne, OD, SS etc.).
    What's more to this, I noticed the purple eye sometimes bugging on 2nd boss. Once you have it, it stays untill you log out.
    Thank you.

here is my opinion after completing T2:

- boss 1 damage is low and no mechanics at all, just faceroll. only belly flop is doing high damage but could use more mechanics.

- boss 2 is probably the most interesting boss in the raid, was very fun.

- boss 3 is faceroll. hardly any mechanics.

- boss 4 is like boss 1,2. it looks great but so easy imo.

overall raid is fun but could use more mechanics beside the 1 shot mechanics.

Edit: boss 1 a lot times bug out and he just stands without doing anything and you can still kill him and keep progressing.
    Last edited by jomanjy; Nov 30 2018 at 06:46 PM.
    Creeps:
    Deathlyheals - R14 defiler - Karnage. | Deadlyline - R10 Warg - Karnage.
    Freeps - Limit.
    #NerfBeornings.

Raid Mount and Raid Housing Item

These should be T3-only rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by DisplTru View Post
    Raid Mount and Raid Housing Item

These should be T3-only rewards!

which boss fight did that statue drop from? I got a wall mounted housing item from the raid but I don't recall seeing that statue drop.
    Ughh...another one of those mad, hungry hobbits with a sword...

Mydiel Pineapple 120 LM The Pirate Alliance Landroval

Completed too.
    Lob
    [EU] Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by 1Asy1 View Post

Completed too.
    undermanned it the whole time tho

Raid looks fine for me, with the right tuning it could become a really good raid tier.
    Last edited by Itoo; Nov 30 2018 at 09:22 PM.

Bensey Guardian - Ito Burglar - Oti Captain - Cuura Loremaster - Rustiy Runekeeper
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

with a clicking minstrel!
    Commander Emaldiom [EN] Evernight - Challenger of Saruman - Lotro
    MrMidget - [EuW] League of Legends
    MrMidget2 - [EuW] League of Legends

set bonus

I'd like to see the current raid sets thats are available to get on BR are only t1, with t2 sets being a stronger version, while t3 sets being class specific. I really like class specific bonuses and it is one of the trade mark perks of completing a raid imo.

The 2nd boss needs a buff no tank should be able to kite a boss imo during a raid, maybe a 6/3 man but not a raid, so I would add some run speed bonus like on boss 1 AoM or Rako.

The first boss is alright altho I don't know if you meant to have that mit debuff classified as a tactical debuff non potable, if it is supposed to be permanent remove the outer lining that suggest its a potable one or make it into a fear/disease that can be potted. lets say re apply on tank every 5-10 seconds instead.

The arena for boss 1 is also huge, I think would be nice if it required the whole arena, Ive seen some fights on t1 boss 1 where the entire fight was in a corner, this is a problem and can result in a potentially challenging fight being a nuke fest.
    Would be nice to have heavy damage puddles that require good movement of entire raid everytime a drake is killed, and perhaps falling ice rocks. As said atm this fight has potential to be challenging but current t1 beta it can be nuke in a corner I disagree with this tactic for a raid.

Instead of add's respawning once the one wave is killed perhaps they respawn on a timer with even more add's spawning at certain stages of the dragons morale on a shorter cd pressuring the dps and keeps the tank on edge

The tact dmg high hits are nice its good that it makes dps have use mitigations or morale again vs going fully glass and not suffering any type of consequence, this is something that made AoM on the easy side for alot of players, the lack of inc dmg on the fellowship.

Add abit more raid wide dot's perhaps so you every member of the raid has to actively watch effects.

Am excited to see next beta build
    Last edited by mikkye; Dec 01 2018 at 02:22 AM. Reason: add on

Quote Originally Posted by 1Asy1 View Post
    Completed too.
    This is your feedback?
    Raid completed in 2-3 hours by people who entered there for the first time on T2 (so 30-50 minutes per boss average). How any boss could be fine there?
    Last edited by Sapphir; Dec 01 2018 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphir View Post
    This is your feedback?
    Raid completed in 2-3 hours by people who entered there for the first time on T2 (so 30-50 minutes per boss average). How any boss could be fine there?
    They only care just to show that they complete the raid and i havent see any of those that they finish it to get melee dps with them probably they prefer the easy way even on testing.Another broken raid,another Abyss is on the way that will put all the melee on the bench again...
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Narzul Lore Master-Ruarin Guardian-Gorgeous Minstrel
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    They only care just to show that they complete the raid and i havent see any of those that they finish it to get melee dps with them probably they prefer the easy way even on testing.Another broken raid,another Abyss is on the way that will put all the melee on the bench again...
    It is not completely melee unfriendly... we did it with a champion and a warden and it was fine
    Last edited by Fureo; Dec 01 2018 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphir View Post
    This is your feedback?
    I'm flattered i'm your first <3

I think in the main it has the potential to be a decent raid, its early days yet but i hope more mechanics are put in place.

Trash

-- In general just too much morale and maybe tone down the amount... after boss 2 some of the trash mobs had more morale than the side bosses... its boring SSG, just mindlessly killing trash mobs. Either reduce the morale or reduce the amount of trash. We didn't have a full raid for any point during the night so this might of added to the complexity.

Classes

-- I felt its not a melee friendly raid, for boss 1,2,3 and possibly 4 if i had a choice i'd take a range DPS over a melee... as previously mentioned its not impossible to work these classes into the group, it just isn't the most viable approach - i'm sure opinions will differ.

Boss 1

-- I think some of the mechanics (damage) needs to be tuned down - punishing but not like it is now, if its going to be viable for certain classes. With regard to the add waves, i don't understand why we've ignored the LM's capability to CC? a LM could have so much more fun on this boss, if they had a role outside of debuff and antistun/waterlore spam.
    -- I think the effects should be clearer, if you can pot it, make sure it doesn't look like you can!?
    -- Morale isn't a mechanic.

Boss 2

-- Without going into our strategy this could of been a much more interesting fight- right now its pretty dull.
    -- Mobs are interrupt-able without a orange induction circle - is this WAI?
    -- Main boss has some stupid hits, is the damage tuned correctly?
    -- Morale isn't a mechanic.

Boss 3

-- No real comment at this stage.

Boss 4

-- Clearly not finished.

Overall, its no Throne, but its way better than Abyss so far.
    Last edited by 1Asy1; Dec 01 2018 at 08:47 AM.
    Lob
    [EU] Evernight

Classes

-- I felt its not a melee friendly raid, for boss 1,2,3 and possibly 4 if i had a choice i'd take a range DPS over a melee... as previously mentioned its not impossible to work these classes into the group, it just isn't the most viable approach - i'm sure opinions will differ.

SSG you know what this means right?Again 9 of 10 raid leaders are going to prefer range over melee dps for all dps spots in a raid.If you are not capable of designing a balanced raid that all lotro classes can be included and be USEFUL!!! then you are failed.And i an not willing to stay here pay money waste time and be anxious all the time for my classes future cause you are not doing your job well so your customers can play a descent end game content with their beloved classes.You hurt us champions bad with Abyss raid not finish us off with this one.Make us useful for a change.For me this Raid is your last chance to make me remain on this game i almost gone with that Abyss thing so dont push me away and i am not the only champion that had enough of this...
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Narzul Lore Master-Ruarin Guardian-Gorgeous Minstrel
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    SSG you know what this means right?Again 9 of 10 raid leaders are going to prefer range over melee dps for all dps spots in a raid.If you are not capable of designing a balanced raid that all lotro classes can be included and be USEFUL!!! then you are failed.And i an not willing to stay here pay money waste time and be anxious all the time for my classes future cause you are not doing your job well so your customers can play a descent end game content with their beloved classes.You hurt us champions bad with Abyss raid not finish us off with this one.Make us useful for a change.For me this Raid is your last chance to make me remain on this game i almost gone with that Abyss thing so dont push me away and i am not the only champion that had enough of this...
    Agreed. After running weekly Abyss raids for months with 2-3 raid groups, my Champ still has yet to get a single boss completion on t2c because I always had to alt to "more useful" classes (LM, Cappy, Burg, Bear; take your pick) after a wipe or two. Can't tell you how disappointing that is when you consider a class one of your main toons, yet are unable to play it.

I haven't run the raid on BR yet (most likely won't get the chance), but if its anything like Abyss in terms of melee-friendliness then Champs are probably going to get shelved yet again. Possibly Burgs too when not yellow-traited due to Reveal Weakness nerf (although this nerf was honestly needed; the skill was getting ridiculous).

They need to look to Throne for inspiration really. Melee classes were not only wanted, but necessary for most bosses (save boss 5) because of the mechanics in those fights. Bosses still had trash that needed to be put in a blender, so Champs were welcomed for that reason alone. Boss 2 had Mumak add drops and reinforcements; boss 3 had the fire/shadow grims that had to not only be killed, but interrupted as well; boss 4 had the Oozing Darklings that spawned underneath the boss every x seconds, making AoE fairly valuable despite constantly running around the field during the fight, not to mention that melee was encouraged even for ranged because you didn't want puddles to spread everywhere; boss 5 was kind of annoying with the constant fear on the left boss granted; boss 6 had the forges fight where one boss NEEDED melee and Carn Dum room where you needed AoE. This was a raid done right. Even when a boss or two had mechanics that discouraged AoE/melee classes from playing, most of the fights didn't needlessly discriminate against certain classes; every single class was useful in some respect for nearly every boss. Also, the mechanics were challenging, but still rewarded different strategies rather than having everyone just follow the meta. I found that pretty much every raid group during throne had different strategies for nearly every boss, typically depending on the group-comp BECAUSE every class was viable, not in spite of that fact. In Abyss, it was pretty much the same strategy or two across every group for every boss. That, in my opinion, was one of the most boring aspects of the raid; it was always the same thing, every single time.
    Last edited by ColMcStacky; Dec 01 2018 at 12:50 PM.

Bugs
    • Belly flop mechanic on boss 1 is inconsistent, it seems as if it is a mechanic that requires you to get away from the boss in order to survive. Yet I have had raid member stand still and not be effected while some standing further away then me were one shot while I safe, is this WAI?

• Boss 1 seems to walk backwards when your tank is standing behind the ice walls.

• Boss 1 sometimes just stops chasing people even if the eye and run speed boosts are still on that person, WAI?

• When boss 1 is reset, he stands fully still and makes no movements even when he's attacked. Also when he resets, sometimes adds don't spawn when he asks for them to appear

• If the adds don't die on boss 1, no more adds appear, even though the boss calls for more adds to come, WAI?

• On boss 2, sometimes the worm just doesn't appear, WAI?

• On boss 3, several ice spikes cannot be attacked, you receive the error "Target out of line of sight"

• On boss 3, the boss can't walk through icicles

• Onboss 3, when Karazgar is dismounted everyone leaves combat, WAI?

• On boss 3, if you stand close to the door that leads to boss 4, the dragon cannot reach you and cannot attack you

• On Boss 4 there are several spots on the edge of the rocks where ranged dps can still be protected and attack

• Sometimes, you still get one shot by Boss 4s breath even if you have the protection buff

• If you stand directly under where the rocks are supposed drop in boss 4 you can get stuck in those rocks

• Boss 4 goes into anti exploit when when ever the rocks drop and leaves it when he's using his breath. WAI?

Suggestions
    Boss 1
    Add in the vertex mechanics from unbroken one since this is such a large stadium.
    Make this fight a triplets fight since there is so much space, the adds that spawn should only be drakling while 2 drakes stand at his side, make it so the drakes and the dragons need to be separated in order to be attacked.
    Adds should come when enough damage has been done to boss(es), not at time stamps.
    Make the belly flop like fingar, a distributed dmg (To make it more melee friendly)
    Make the sparks that kargazer (or however you spell his name) come from the dragon and make kargazar drop from puddles that one shot people when stepping in them.

Boss 2
    Seems fine, looks like a fror look alike and I liked fror so \0/.

Boss 3
    Instead of having a 30 meter one shot mechanic again, make it a 30m CC mechanic
    Make the boss drop rust like the last boss of TG (while mounted)
    Give Karazgar a throw dagger skill that gives the debuffs "Outgoing damage and healing reduced by 25%"
    Give Karazgars dragon a buff called "The anger of pain" which gives him a dmg boost increasing by 25% each time he gets hit by an icicle
    Give Karazgar and the dragon a buff when they stand close to each other (when he is dismounted)

Boss 4
    This boss is so incomplete that I can't give suggestions on it, just got to wait and see I guess.

Generally, one thing that has been lacking from the game lately is the devs lack of concern about dps movement. Currently, during the six man on my rk I have no need to ever move, and the same thing goes for this raid except for the 30m range mechanic, we need more mechanics like puddles and other things that force dps characters to move, it makes things a lot more interesting and fun.
    Last edited by Smapper; Dec 01 2018 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fureo View Post
    It is not completely melee unfriendly... we did it with a champion and a warden and it was totally fine. Yes there are things only melees get affected on, but you are either able to avoid that or you have the compensation that (in that case a champion) you are able to outdamage any other DPS class by quiet some numbers even on single target

On tier 2, was able to finish boss 1 and make a few attempts at boss 2 before I had to bow out, here's what I saw and have questions about:

Boss 1:
    - His adds seem very inconsistent. I don't like the fact that it's RNG whether or not you get drakes or whelplings. Certain group makeups would benefit from one add type over the other, so completion, or odds of completion could very well depend on if you get lucky and get the right type of adds.
    - More inconsistency with the adds as there was a lot of variance as to when more adds spawn. One way to certainly get more adds was to kill 1 or more of the adds that spawned. But when trying to avoid getting more adds (by not killing any of the initial adds) the times at which we got more were very random. In several attempts didn't kill any adds and we payed attention to time, boss morale, positioning, and verbal cues. None of these variables consistently indicated when more adds would spawn.
    - BUG: If you aggro the boss and pull him to the other side of the fighting arena near the entrance, adds never aggro on you and you can fight the boss by himself without ever worrying about adds. I am 99% sure this is not intended and I'm also certain that if it's not fixed, this fight will be extremely easy.

Belly Flop: I have qualms with this mechanic. It does at least 90k damage (with fire lore and double disable) to a light armour with capped phys mits. On t3 this is going to 1 shot anyone who is not a tank. That would be fine if the skill had only a 20m range or so, but with its current 40m range, you have to have 0 melee on the boss (besides tank) and everyone else as far away as possible to get away in time. A 10m range on guaranteed 1 shot (died to misadventure) and 20m range on actual damage seems more reasonable and would allow melee dps that is paying attention to animation cues to get away in time.

The boss stands literally right on top of the tank when she's not aggro'd on person with eye. With huge bosses like this (Fingar, Rako, etc) the bosses have always had a range that goes beyond their selection indicator circle. Something's wrong here.

Boss 2:
    Didn't get to stick around to see this boss beaten, but here's what I saw and some of what I heard from others.

First piece of feedback is this: All of the bosses here are slow-able. What this turns means is that the most efficient way to do this fight will be to slow all the bosses and kite them basically the whole time. Is this really what Devs are going for here?

Rill Seeker has an uninterruptible skill that 1-shots non-tanks. You can move outside of this skill's 20 or 30m range, but again, why? If this skill is not able to be interrupted, then again melee dps is going to be gimped hard here.

That's all I have for now, look forward to more testing on BR. Hopefully we're allowed to test a bit longer this time and maybe over the weekend?

Boss1:
    - Add spawn trigger seems to be bugged. We had one wave spawn at the start(every try) so we tried to kill them and had a new wave spawn. Next try we kept them alive and a new wave spawned at 50% Boss Moral. Next try we had kept the first wave alive again and had a new wave spawn like 1min into the fight, but no spawn at 50%.
    - Bellyflop DMG seems to be overtuned
    - Boss trailing mechanic is inconsistent. I was tanking him and in some try's he was like 90% of the time trailing some, in other trys he was most of the time at my spot.
    - Maybe remove his Frostbreath and replace it with some sort of spit, where he spits a high damage puddle at a random target, so we have to use more of the space.
    - The Debuff from the Big Drake looks like it is removable, but you can't remove it.

Boss2:
    - Big Dwarf(Ingor) hits like 100k with each hit on the Tank, can't really be facetanked.
    - Make the Dwarfs slow immune.
    - One of the Dwarfs is making an induction, which you can interrupt, but doesn't have an induction circle.(have to look up the name but it's the one who makes the bleed) Another one has the induction circle.
    (will edit the correct name's later)

Boss3:
    - Make the icicle's easier to see and target.
    - Morgul Breath doesn't have a clear hit area.

Boss4:
    - Boss goes into anti exploit when tank is like 3 steps away from him.
    - Boss Hitbox is to small for Melee DPS.
    - Encounter not finished at all.

Bensey Guardian - Ito Burglar - Oti Captain - Cuura Loremaster - Rustiy Runekeeper
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Crookedmouf View Post
    On tier 2, was able to finish boss 1 and make a few attempts at boss 2 before I had to bow out, here's what I saw and have questions about:

Boss 1:
    - His adds seem very inconsistent. I don't like the fact that it's RNG whether or not you get drakes or whelplings. Certain group makeups would benefit from one add type over the other, so completion, or odds of completion could very well depend on if you get lucky and get the right type of adds.
    - More inconsistency with the adds as there was a lot of variance as to when more adds spawn. One way to certainly get more adds was to kill 1 or more of the adds that spawned. But when trying to avoid getting more adds (by not killing any of the initial adds) the times at which we got more were very random. In several attempts didn't kill any adds and we payed attention to time, boss morale, positioning, and verbal cues. None of these variables consistently indicated when more adds would spawn.
    - BUG: If you aggro the boss and pull him to the other side of the fighting arena near the entrance, adds never aggro on you and you can fight the boss by himself without ever worrying about adds. I am 99% sure this is not intended and I'm also certain that if it's not fixed, this fight will be extremely easy.

Belly Flop: I have qualms with this mechanic. It does at least 90k damage (with fire lore and double disable) to a light armour with capped phys mits. On t3 this is going to 1 shot anyone who is not a tank. That would be fine if the skill had only a 20m range or so, but with its current 40m range, you have to have 0 melee on the boss (besides tank) and everyone else as far away as possible to get away in time. A 10m range on guaranteed 1 shot (died to misadventure) and 20m range on actual damage seems more reasonable and would allow melee dps that is paying attention to animation cues to get away in time.

The boss stands literally right on top of the tank when she's not aggro'd on person with eye. With huge bosses like this (Fingar, Rako, etc) the bosses have always had a range that goes beyond their selection indicator circle. Something's wrong here.

Boss 2:
    Didn't get to stick around to see this boss beaten, but here's what I saw and some of what I heard from others.

First piece of feedback is this: All of the bosses here are slow-able. What this turns means is that the most efficient way to do this fight will be to slow all the bosses and kite them basically the whole time. Is this really what Devs are going for here?

Rill Seeker has an uninterruptible skill that 1-shots non-tanks. You can move outside of this skill's 20 or 30m range, but again, why? If this skill is not able to be interrupted, then again melee dps is going to be gimped hard here.

That's all I have for now, look forward to more testing on BR. Hopefully we're allowed to test a bit longer this time and maybe over the weekend?
    The belly flop hits people were taking on T2 was already T3 level, this is confirmed by the raid designer. And we had no issues avoiding one shot while standing in the belly flop range and with double enrage

Quote Originally Posted by Crookedmouf View Post
    I thought the cue for summoning more adds was when he says "Come drakes! Help me catch these swarming little things!"

Quote Originally Posted by Smapper View Post
    I thought the cue for summoning more adds was when he says "Come drakes! Help me catch these swarming little things!"
    Its very inconsistent. Sometimes that would happen and you'd get more adds, sometimes nothing would happen, one time we had a belly flop happen on that cue. Might take a few more runs to actually find a pattern tho.
    Death's Bane : Arkenstone
    Meneldor Native

On boss 2, sometimes the worm just doesn't appear, WAI?
    I was wondering about myself; when the group I was in did the second boss fight, I was told to watch for a giant worm so that I could CC it, but the worm never showed up. When I watched a vid the next day of another group doing the 2nd boss fight, I noticed that the group was fighting the worm. I also noticed that they were fighting a different set of dwarf kings than what my group fought. There are 13 dwarf kings total, but it seems only 4 of them fight you; aside from Ingor who seems to lead the 13 and therefore is always picked, the other 3 are selected at random from a potential pool of 12 available kings. It's very likely that one of the kings summons the worm, so if that king is never selected from the pool of 12 for the fight, then the group will never see the worm. It'd probably be good to try and get list of each of the 13 kings and what their individual abilities are, since it seems like each king has some kind of gimmick.

Boss 4
    This boss is so incomplete that I can't give suggestions on it, just got to wait and see I guess.
    I totally agree, the last boss is really cool but seems very wonky and needs some work.
    Ughh...another one of those mad, hungry hobbits with a sword...

Mydiel Pineapple 120 LM The Pirate Alliance Landroval

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast