We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
Results 226 to 249 of 249
  1. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora7 View Post
    That is good. Maybe I encountered a "glitch" somewhere during the autobestowal process.

    There are 2 Beornings; level 17 from Legendary Server & level 62 from "classic" server.
    When I logged out from preview #2 (Dec 6th) both were in human form.
    However both were in bear stance when I logged in yesterday. There was only the bear stance available, in both characters.

    The level 62 could get the man stance and Wanderlust from the Beorning trainer in the 21st Hall.

    The level 17 remained in bear stance for the entire login. It was fun to run around, at walking speed, in bear form. Wood and mining nodes were not usable in bear stance, but crops could be harvested (berries!). I could interact with the NPCs.

    Given the lack of an outcry on the forums, either the "bug" was fixed or I was unlucky to encounter it.

    Just do the trait tree over... and you get all the stances...which btw is a pain. Easier to keymap a hot button when there was only one skin change button.

  2. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Antophant View Post
    Execute wrath bonus is just bugged, if you run to Dol Amroth and hit the dummies with proc Execute you will get the same result

    Mothmoth scored a hit with Execute on the Training-dummy for 68,125 (101,166 from 99 Wrath) Beleriand damage to Morale.
    There are no longer crits on Execute. It is what it is. No procs either. It's a wrath eater. But, thankfully, it will not boot you to man form. It just depletes wrath like merciful shot (Champion). You do, however, have the opportunity to rebuild wrath in bear form after using it.

    My main problem so far is figuring out a good rotation. I expire most of the skills due to the shorter animations, and build wrath too slowly in bear form to reset what I need. Nice little halter there, Vastin, you sly devil.

    Overall, parsing out better dps. Nothing remarkable. Prolonged fights are right around 23k.

    BONUS: Furry wrecking ball fight starts. Charging in and initiating a fight with thrash is hilarious.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    369
    A few other notes:

    1. Wanderlust is overwritten by hunters Find the Path and possibly other movement bonuses. (not really important but you should know)

    2. DPS is in a good position i think, but as others pointed out composure heal should probably get its nerf.

    3. The shared cooldown of Thrash/Slash is kind of annoying, its not really too much of an issue but thought i'd point it out.
    Make Moors Great Again - Crickhollow
    Ishlan R13 WL, Nalshi R11 Rvr, Ishnal R9 Weaver, Lashin R6 Warg
    Blato (Mini), Shilan (Ward), Sahlin (Beorn), Grobnir (Guard), Hergis (RK), Ishlun (Capt)

  4. #229

    Thumbs down Armour values

    So bear got upgraded armour to heavy. Stats looks fine but armour value is lower on all the pices that were converted from old medium armour. Some of them have difference of 2-3k in base armour value so on 6 pices we lost over 12k+ of armour value. So that means we need to farm gear again. On first1 old upgraded to heavy against lower il and second nearly same pice but 2k lower armour.


    Last edited by Ballu; Dec 13 2018 at 07:44 PM.

  5. #230
    before this update, the HoT part of Recuperate could be stacked. Now, thats not possible anymore. WAI?
    imo, it was nice to be able to stack it... nearly the only viable skill to burn wrath one doesnt need.
    Now, thats gone
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Middle-earth
    Posts
    993
    If we have equipment from boxes exchanged for ashes, this equipment wasn´t changed to heavy.


    And red line is ... sort of ... weird for me.

    Since bash doesn´t stack, it is enough to use this skill once each 27s. Or vicious claws to renew the dot effect. Rending blow each 16s. And execute 30s. So my feeling is there is little to do in bear form.

    Yes, I can use thrash every 1,5s, but it is stupid to wait 1,5s for the same skill to use because there is nothing to do in between.

    So, there are few skills in bear form which cost wrath and 1 spamable skill which generates wrath. Technically one has almost always 100 wrath with exception when execute is used.


    The original version of red had better feel to it. One needed to pay closer attention to wrath, cds and dot managment.


    Yellow line feels the same. I just need to get used on the fact that I need to push other skill to get back in human form. (this isn´t issue in other lines, because there we are usually in melee).


    Blue line feels better. While it is true that it is more generous to the wrath, there are also a lot of skills with shorter cds to use. I didn´t play much with this line, so I can´t tell if it renders the human form completely useless.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    35
    Feedback for Yellow

    - Encouraging Roar cooldown increased from 3 seconds to 4.5 seconds. Well... not a big problem, but leaves healing in a bit unstable state. Maybe it can be compensated with Nature's Mend in human form, maybe not. Not sure about that yet. But my feeling is the former 3 seconds were better.

    - Is it just me or is there a litte skill delay when transforming to man form and using Nature's Mend? Like a hiccup when not waiting a second before pressing Nature's Mend?

    - Critical hits with Encouraging Roar's HoT on Tier 3 are big. Otherwise we still don't have much panic skills besides maybe Nature's Bond (2 Min CD) and maybe the new bubble of Shake Free.
    Maybe Sacrifice, too, to protect your tank, but that can be dangerous. Am I the only one who thinks because of that reason it isn't bad that sacrifice only lasts 10 seconds in yellow line, although it is a bug?
    Uhm... okay, i see many "maybes", huh?

  8. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    If we have equipment from boxes exchanged for ashes, this equipment wasn´t changed to heavy.


    And red line is ... sort of ... weird for me.

    Since bash doesn´t stack, it is enough to use this skill once each 27s. Or vicious claws to renew the dot effect. Rending blow each 16s. And execute 30s. So my feeling is there is little to do in bear form.

    Yes, I can use thrash every 1,5s, but it is stupid to wait 1,5s for the same skill to use because there is nothing to do in between.

    So, there are few skills in bear form which cost wrath and 1 spamable skill which generates wrath. Technically one has almost always 100 wrath with exception when execute is used.


    The original version of red had better feel to it. One needed to pay closer attention to wrath, cds and dot managment.
    1. Wanderlust needs to be shaken out. Other run buffs (not all of them) are overwriting it and reverting you to man form as pointed out. (example: That hankerchief buff gifted on the Legendary Server which has a set time of activation). Store bought run buffs seem to stack with Wanderlust, however, and give you a 10% increase.

    2. Recuperate (which I added to a red tree build for a heal in bear form) no longer stacks. I can't see this as purposeful, since the amount of healing received is still reflecting morale totals back in the Stone age on the class.


    3. I was under the impression that the basis of prolonging the cooldown on Bash was to take away the third stack of the skill. But, as pointed out, you can't stack it at all...even though the tooltip on Vicious Claws suggests you can. My suggestion would be to allow the skill to stack, and to have Bash icon pop up on the auto-skills line when it is available due to a refresh by using Vicious Claws. The only icon popping up on the auto skills bar is the proc of Execute (which no longer exists).

    4. Armor. Some switched to Heavy. Some didn't. If this was purposeful. Please announce that. If not, and changes will be addressed, please announce that. Otherwise, you have a bunch of players wondering if they need to start farming gear once again.

    5. Noted above was the fact that a Red tree bear will run out of skills pretty quickly in bear form. I've noticed this, but have been able to compensate by dropping into man form, activating a quick self heal, Expose, and maybe another bleed by Biting edge (which will push up wrath), and then immediately returning to bear form. The key here is to drop into manform using the Man form icon, but using Thrash to return, which is immediate. No real animation, no cooldown delay. None at all. It's very very quick. You can do that all in a matter of seconds.

    6. Side note: Are you sure you didn't apply the 250% damage increase to Relentless Maul instead of Execute. Relentless Maul is hitting like a truck. 40k to 50k hits one after another. Execute is meh (even with full wrath).


    Addendum: I would be remiss not to mention....I think the class (red tree) is, indeed, much more entertaining. I, really, am enjoying the changes. It just feels more fluid...and that will improve with a reassessement of skill rotations and strategy. DPS did increase. In my case, prolonged boss fights are up about 5k dps. Garbage mob fights are great because you enter fully wrathed in bear form and can play with your food. The ability to be in bear form more often and longer is, well, hilarious. And charging a mob in Wanderlust and hotkeying your first skill (in my case, Thrash) is like a furry bowling ball entering the frey. So, Vastin, in my case....mission accomplished. Now it's time to shake out the fine tuning listed above for starts.
    Last edited by Casmond; Dec 14 2018 at 12:57 PM.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ered Luin
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Casmond View Post
    Just do the trait tree over... and you get all the stances...which btw is a pain.
    I logged in to the level 17. It was still in bear form with the trait tree from "live" intact.
    So the trait tree was redone (Thank you for that idea).
    Alas, there were no new man form or Wanderlust skills. They were not to be found in the Character > Skills panel either.
    Evidently the update process did not work for either of the 2 Beornings transferred on Wednesday. (Better on BR than live.)
    (Interestingly, both Beornings had their full trait tree from live.)

    A 3rd Beorning was transferred from live to BR and the update worked properly with man form, Wanderlust and a "need to specialize".

    All of the Beornings on live were properly updated with Thursday's patch.


    Quote Originally Posted by Casmond View Post
    Easier to keymap a hot button when there was only one skin change button.
    Yes!

  10. #235
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    369

    Exclamation

    Concerning the composure cooldown nerf: I think 30s CD should be reconsidered because the difference between hearten and composure heal in a 30s interval is not big which would make spending 5 trait points a real waste.

    Its only really more if you have very high morale which is unusual for a dps build making the skill much more desirable by tanks not dpsers.
    With the 30s cooldown it would be a DPS trait that's useless for dps, maybe desirable by blue line tanks.

    I've only made the calculation based on my memory though so I could be wrong. Ill try to confirm when im online again.
    Make Moors Great Again - Crickhollow
    Ishlan R13 WL, Nalshi R11 Rvr, Ishnal R9 Weaver, Lashin R6 Warg
    Blato (Mini), Shilan (Ward), Sahlin (Beorn), Grobnir (Guard), Hergis (RK), Ishlun (Capt)

  11. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by ColMcStacky View Post
    So a really busy picture here
    How can I get these skills to show up sticky in the UI? I have so many toons and so many skills to keep track of, it would be great to have the important (to me) ones display what they do.

  12. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Oloria View Post
    How can I get these skills to show up sticky in the UI? I have so many toons and so many skills to keep track of, it would be great to have the important (to me) ones display what they do.
    Hover over the skill and click H.
    44 Bulldog

  13. #238
    When speccing for dps is there any special jewellery or set bonus or the like that people go for? I've noticed a few people on BR with Bash bleeds that are way higher than mine even though I've tried various setups with capped physical mastery, crit etc. Like anywhere from 2k to 6k+ higher per tick which is a serious amount when you look at its tooltip. I've tried landing it with full stacks of Rending Blows, Ferocious Roar to try and force a crit, a mix of debuffs like Debilitating Bees/Armour Crush/Expose and still no joy. Any ideas?

  14. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelbryht View Post
    When speccing for dps is there any special jewellery or set bonus or the like that people go for? I've noticed a few people on BR with Bash bleeds that are way higher than mine even though I've tried various setups with capped physical mastery, crit etc. Like anywhere from 2k to 6k+ higher per tick which is a serious amount when you look at its tooltip. I've tried landing it with full stacks of Rending Blows, Ferocious Roar to try and force a crit, a mix of debuffs like Debilitating Bees/Armour Crush/Expose and still no joy. Any ideas?
    Cap your crit instead of mastery

  15. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelbryht View Post
    When speccing for dps is there any special jewellery or set bonus or the like that people go for? I've noticed a few people on BR with Bash bleeds that are way higher than mine even though I've tried various setups with capped physical mastery, crit etc. Like anywhere from 2k to 6k+ higher per tick which is a serious amount when you look at its tooltip. I've tried landing it with full stacks of Rending Blows, Ferocious Roar to try and force a crit, a mix of debuffs like Debilitating Bees/Armour Crush/Expose and still no joy. Any ideas?
    Do you have the highest kind of DPS relics?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  16. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Zettai View Post
    Cap your crit instead of mastery
    That's what I was testing out with the new raid sets since you can hit the 225000 crit and 303750 physical mastery caps together at the same time if you would really want to. The bleed drops in value quite a lot if you start lowering physical mastery from there but can overcapping crit make up for that? I'm not sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Do you have the highest kind of DPS relics?
    Good question! I suspect not as from Lotro Wiki it looks like the best rune choice would be Grand Abyssal Rune of Striking but I'm pretty sure I don't have those slotted. Oops.

  17. #242
    CaerArianrhod's Avatar
    CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelbryht View Post
    Good question! I suspect not as from Lotro Wiki it looks like the best rune choice would be Grand Abyssal Rune of Striking but I'm pretty sure I don't have those slotted. Oops.
    No, there are better one out there (to barter in Skarhald already on live too) and with the raid more new ones are coming.

  18. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    No, there are better one out there (to barter in Skarhald already on live too) and with the raid more new ones are coming.
    Ah cheers, I tracked it down and it has had a pretty significant impact on my dps. Still a ways off from the 57k that has been touted around elsewhere in these threads, and my Bash bleeds still seem too low for some reason, I'm getting there bit by bit though.

  19. #244
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Blato View Post
    Concerning the composure cooldown nerf: I think 30s CD should be reconsidered because the difference between hearten and composure heal in a 30s interval is not big which would make spending 5 trait points a real waste.

    Its only really more if you have very high morale which is unusual for a dps build making the skill much more desirable by tanks not dpsers.
    With the 30s cooldown it would be a DPS trait that's useless for dps, maybe desirable by blue line tanks.

    I've only made the calculation based on my memory though so I could be wrong. Ill try to confirm when im online again.
    Actually, composure is already very close to a hearten heal in a DPS build.

    Without ANY points in yellow Hearten heal strength but maxed healing LI, a normal hearten in a DPS build with 125k morale heals for ~3.4k non crit, ~10k crit and has 9 instead of 8 tics (because of the initial heal).

    lets assume you have 25% (20% + 5% from traits at 0 wrath) crit, you will get 2.25 crits making the average hearten use heal for 45450 over 8s but with 40% crit (at 100 wrath) its 54360 over 8s.

    Composure heals for 6211 non crit, 8629 crit and every tic is a crit if the first crits so its either 49688 over 8s or 69032 over 8s obviously very dependent on crit chance.

    So they are both pretty close in total healing value already, if composure wouldnt crit on all tics after the first one it would be much closer and would make the trait pointless.
    That is a problem now, since just a cooldown nerf to composure would probably just make it a pointless trait. IMHO the trait should be changed to something completely different.
    Last edited by Blato; Dec 21 2018 at 11:10 AM.
    Make Moors Great Again - Crickhollow
    Ishlan R13 WL, Nalshi R11 Rvr, Ishnal R9 Weaver, Lashin R6 Warg
    Blato (Mini), Shilan (Ward), Sahlin (Beorn), Grobnir (Guard), Hergis (RK), Ishlun (Capt)

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    700
    So is Execute going to get a decent rework? its utter garbage now. It was better the way it was before.

  21. #246
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    35
    Its good as it is now... Would rather a buff to thrash, or something that dosent hit 75-95k

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by pinlu View Post
    Its good as it is now... Would rather a buff to thrash, or something that dosent hit 75-95k
    It should at least be able to crit considering it consumes all wrath which a red beorning gets extra crit from. Or not consume the wrath when the proc hits.

    Its not good at all as it is.

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Middle-earth
    Posts
    993
    Quote Originally Posted by pinlu View Post
    Its good as it is now... Would rather a buff to thrash, or something that dosent hit 75-95k

    I disagree that execute is good as it is now:


    At 100 wrath execute doesn´t make +250% dmg bonus as intented by dev, just 40%.

    Execute consumes your whole wrath, thus it takes away 12-15% crit chance. Since two thirds of dmg is through dots, crit chance is much more important than one slightly harder hitting skill.

    Actually I didn´t even invest any points in execute.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

  24. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    I disagree that execute is good as it is now:


    At 100 wrath execute doesn´t make +250% dmg bonus as intented by dev, just 40%.

    Execute consumes your whole wrath, thus it takes away 12-15% crit chance. Since two thirds of dmg is through dots, crit chance is much more important than one slightly harder hitting skill.

    Actually I didn´t even invest any points in execute.
    Nope, removed execute from my skill bar. It effectively hits as hard as slash for example on a crit, but costs 15% crit chance for roughly the next 10 attacks.

 

 
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload