We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Login menu not showing up on forums

    First day of a new 3440 x 1440 native resolution monitor and I do not see the login menu at the upper right hand side of the forum page. I had to get on through the community page, then another page to be asked to login.

  2. #2
    This has been happening to me. I just refresh (sometimes more than once) and that seems to take care of it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Northlord View Post
    This has been happening to me. I just refresh (sometimes more than once) and that seems to take care of it.
    This was happening a lot 6 or so months back, Cordovan posted an alternative link for sufferers to use, not sure if it is still valid but

    https://www.lotro.com/en/auth/login

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    224
    I had complained about this issue some weeks ago on the tech forums and Cordovan gave me that exact link to be able to login. So it still works.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

  5. #5
    Log in menu often does not show up for me. Sometimes I have to go down into a thread to have it appear. Refresh does not always work on that evasive menu.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm
    From: Crichton, Michael. Jurassic Park

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    I had complained about this issue some weeks ago on the tech forums and Cordovan gave me that exact link to be able to login. So it still works.
    Sadly though; if you are having TLS handshake issues, it doesnt help.

    Case to point. I was logged in at home with NO issues this morning; got to work 9:30am GMT and tried to open the LOTRO website.

    That was TWO AND A HALF HOURS AGO, and I have just succeeded in logging in.

    No issues with ANY other website.

  7. #7
    Thanks for the login link that helps. The only remaining problem is the site keeps wanting to log me in as the first account I had and deactivated. I remember asking to have this account deleted and was told they couldn't do that. Which makes no sense to me if it will never be used again. It was the trial account I used back in 2008 to see if I would like to play this game. Well we know how that turned out 10 years later. I just wish I could either reactivate it or have it deleted. It shows that account is banned until 2041, not likely I will be alive then.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMcDermott View Post
    Thanks for the login link that helps. The only remaining problem is the site keeps wanting to log me in as the first account I had and deactivated. I remember asking to have this account deleted and was told they couldn't do that. Which makes no sense to me if it will never be used again. It was the trial account I used back in 2008 to see if I would like to play this game. Well we know how that turned out 10 years later. I just wish I could either reactivate it or have it deleted. It shows that account is banned until 2041, not likely I will be alive then.
    Probably its related to "policy" of Turbine and now SSG about never to delete an account or the characters in it...

    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload