We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up Maxing stat tomes wth real money QUESTIONS

I asked in chat and someone said it would cost ~50$ to max ALL stats using real money. I looed in the shop and ONE bundle for rank 1-5 is 1000 points which is like 8$.... I dont see how its 50$ for ALL stats maxed... Can someone help me figure out how much this will cost me total?

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Stat_Enhancements

This shows each tome has 18 ranks... The store isnt very clear on how much the next one will cost or how many stats I will get....

ARGH and the point sale ends today so I'm in a hurry
    Raserei Amok, Champion of Riddermark

Currently, it's not worth it to invest LP/Money into stat tomes. Using all 18 tiers of a stat, gives you total of 540 to that stat - for comparisson, 1 piece of gear at current cap (120) will have ~2k of the same stat and current main stat pool are >22-25k with mediocre gear ( you can do the math what % of that 540 is). Until U23 came along, main stats (Might, Agility, Will) used to contribute more to mastery (8x) so albeit expensive, tomes had some actual value. Now, main stats contribute only 2x to mastery.

As to your other question, stat tomes beyond tier 5 are found in [Stat Tome Selection Box]es, each costing 295LP (in the store that is).

So, if you get a drop in game, of find a killer deal on a tome in /trade or AH, go for it, but at their current state, they are a waste of money to get from the store.

This:

at their current state, they are a waste of money to get from the store.

Commander Liliam - the Warden
    Evernight

Stat tomes are a racket. Almost certainly intentionally designed so that you get a "free" one through gameplay, and then feel compelled to buy all the prerequisite ones needed to use that free one with LP/cash. The AH was once able to fill some of those gaps (never all), but it's not really feasible any longer (as link below will demonstrate throughout).

It is a design intended make min/maxers feel compelled to "max" their stat tomes. Which has only served to drive away min/maxers who feel that buying advancement is a form of cheating. Because, it's almost literally impossible to max them through gameplay as they currently exist.

Quote Originally Posted by RasereiAmok View Post
    I asked in chat and someone said it would cost ~50$ to max ALL stats using real money. I looed in the shop and ONE bundle for rank 1-5 is 1000 points which is like 8$.... I dont see how its 50$ for ALL stats maxed... Can someone help me figure out how much this will cost me total?

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Stat_Enhancements

This shows each tome has 18 ranks... The store isnt very clear on how much the next one will cost or how many stats I will get....

ARGH and the point sale ends today so I'm in a hurry
    Like Gothrir and Vilda said, waste of money right now, until the fixed it... I see alot of Tome-sales at the LS, i hope not peeps is buying them... The only tome i can think of is Vitality for more morale, thats x5 for tanks i think...
    Last edited by Clerebald; Nov 27 2018 at 10:57 AM.

So, I guess I'll just be the one to say it: A game with integrity shouldn't be selling stats outright. And we shouldn't be buying them. No matter how "inconsequential" the increase in stats might be. It has always been a spurious argument that the inconsequential increase in stats/power/capability rendered the sale of stats okay.

I think they should leave stat tomes as small as they are now. They are not worth buying and this is ok because they are very hard to get in game. Imo it is time for SSG to phase out these character/item enhancement like virtues and ILI items. These just make it harder to tune landscape because they are all over the place. No player should need any of these to just play landscape and it used to be before Mordor that that was the case.

Before go for it I think you should check it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilda View Post
    This:

at their current state, they are a waste of money to get from the store.
    That's exactly what I heard on world chat. I was going to buy Tome I-V and people talked me out of it.

Glad to know that they weren't trolling me or anything else, lol.