We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Problems with skills not working?

I've noticed a couple of skills : definitely "Catch a Breath" and "Ignore the Pain," but possibly others as well- failing to work when used at the very end of battle.

These skills can be used in or out of battle, but when used right at the end of battle, as I go from combat to non-combat mode, the skill fails to work- but the cooldown starts anyway. Annoying when I just want a little morale/power boost or to clear up a lingering status ailment, and end up just wasting the skill. It's like some part of the program is supposed to wipe all the battle skills when combat ends, but it ends up interrupting out of combat skills that should remain usable.

Has anyone else had this problem? I did a search but haven't found anything on this.

Not sure I understand what you are writing. Do you mean those skills don't work when you use them right as you are about to get out of combat? Catch a breath needs a block/parry response in order to use it. Ignore the Pain can be used at anytime. Some more clarification would be useful.
    Vundrak - Rank 12 Reaver / Corruptpresent - Rank 11 Warleader / Corruptmedicus - Rank 8 Defiler / Kolostomy - Rank 9 Blackarrow : Landroval
    Rognomli - Rank 8 Guardian / Synexia - LvL 115 Hunter / Raiker - LvL 115 Minstrel / Lacet - LvL 100 Warden : Arkenstone

Immediate skills that have longer animations, such as you described, if pressed twice in rapid succession when using, cause them to cancel themselves. It happens quite often when panicking
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Well, I think I understand what the OP meant. In fact there are two phenomena

1.) Some reactive skills don't progress anymore when getting out of combat.
    For example the reactive sequence Shield Swipe -> (Bash / Shield Taunt) -> Shield Smash is interrupted as soon as getting out of combat, so you can't use a reactive skill on a new enemy (even within the time the reactive skill activation should last).
    2.) In the case of 'Catch a breath' there's a difference between the icon becoming active and the actual skill activating. I observed that the CaB icon is already displayed as active while the skill cooldown isn't yet finished. I haven't done time measurements to see if the CaB cooldown is too long or the icon activates to soon.

Kind regards
    Rhunar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhunar View Post
    Well, I think I understand what the OP meant. In fact there are two phenomena

1.) Some reactive skills don't progress anymore when getting out of combat.
    For example the reactive sequence Shield Swipe -> (Bash / Shield Taunt) -> Shield Smash is interrupted as soon as getting out of combat, so you can't use a reactive skill on a new enemy (even within the time the reactive skill activation should last).
    2.) In the case of 'Catch a breath' there's a difference between the icon becoming active and the actual skill activating. I observed that the CaB icon is already displayed as active while the skill cooldown isn't yet finished. I haven't done time measurements to see if the CaB cooldown is too long or the icon activates to soon.

Kind regards
    Rhunar
    I have the same symptoms with CaB and another with Ignore the Pain : when getting out of combat , skill is used, CD is active but no character animation and effect (dot is still here)