We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

When would you live

I am wondering if you could choose to live any time in History when would you choose and why. Any time or country is possible but no historical figures please. Minor nobility is okay.

My choice would be late Victorian England about 1890 AD and living as the local squire.

I would love to be a rich civilian in Rome during the Pax Romana, born in AD 96, the start of the 5 good emperors. Just living in peace time Rome at it's height and having money to boot......
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Take me back to the 90s

1960's I could undo a lot of what went wrong during those years.
    Life is short Enjoy it to the fullest each day.

In the future when we start colonizing other star systems

Right here, right now
    there is no other place I want to be
    Right here, right now
    watching the world wake up from history

Quote Originally Posted by Umpbear View Post
    Right here, right now
    there is no other place I want to be
    Right here, right now
    watching the world wake up from history
    I love that song!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I love that song!
    Seemed a fitting response to the OP

Nostalgia for the old days is grand and all, but give me modern medicine, and the lessons we've learned (though we still have a ways to go) - colonizing other star systems is a great ideal to strive for, but inter-stellar travel is no joke, the time and energy required to get there are astronomical!