We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Has anyone ever seen a Dwarf-iron Fragment?

Has anyone ever seen a Dwarf-iron Fragment?

They are required for most all of the Kindred Barter recipes in U23 . . . but they do not exist!

The "final" Reclaiming the Grey quest gives a piece of bark, or ore, Yes, they are critical componentes -- but ones that you can more easily get on landscape nodes. -- not after completing 60 Quests!

And the fun of getting one Shard for every 3 Dwarrowmarks -- the need is the exact opposite ratio. You need 3 Shards for every Dwarrowmark.

If this is truly "Works as Intended" -- then somebody needs to pay attention to somebody besides the "we don't give a damm about anything but the end-game" folks.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

I bought one Tailor Recipe today and saw that requirement. Looked it up in the Wiki and they said that it can drop in any of the Grey Mountain Instances. It did not say if you needed to do it beyond Solo and/or at T2 or T3. Also after all the Thornholt Branches and Ironfold Skarn I've 'mined' I only have three Shards, which is just enough for one craft.

At least it is not a Single Use Recipe. Though without the Fragments it'll end up being a Zero Use Recipe. When I get back in game I will check the AH, to see if any exist there.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

I saw some on AH early in U23 for like 300g each and nabbed a couple. Made a pocket item and a necklace.
    Haven't seen any since then.

Shards, you can get 2 per week guaranteed doing RtG metas. They were also fairly common from landscape containers (corpse, wooden chest, backpack) but drop rate may have been nerfed. My shard total including meta rewards is 40+. I actually did shards for embers 4 times so far.

Who trades Shards for Embers?

Oh you mean the Weekly crafting needing 7 Shards?
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Yup, that one.

I've seen several drop in non-solo-T1 runs in the new instances.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Saw four on the AH on Landroval for 280 to 340 Gold.

I assume the two you get from the Dailies is after you finish up the initial (Final).
    Last edited by Raymore; Nov 27 2018 at 08:52 AM.
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Never actually seen the Fragment in the wild but has anyone ever seen an Elephant fly?

Last edited by Raymore; Nov 27 2018 at 08:57 AM.
    - Judge Dan Haywood

yep....found one.....maybe..... searching for same,. however
    "Never Stop, Never Settle", I found for sale at Quartermaster(Dwarf-holds Rewards) Vendor for 100 mark of the longbeards.
    wiki not updated, so you have to see the vendor in person for inventory. systems server down so haven't verified or used item yet.

Dwarf-iron Fragment

yep....found one.....maybe..... searching for same,. however
    "Never Stop, Never Settle", I found for sale at Quartermaster(Dwarf-holds Rewards) Vendor for 100 mark of the longbeards.
    wiki not updated, so you have to see the vendor in person for inventory. systems server down so haven't verified or used item yet.

Yes, thanks. They added that barter in the last patch. Bought two yesterday to craft a 374 Cap and Mantle. I must be a real butterfinger having to use up 50 Leathers to make a small little cap, and 50 for that Mantle. Used up all 6 of my Dwarrowgleam Shards as well.
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Yes, fragments now bartered for 100 marks. There are also some new teal recipes
    Tailor/Metalsmith: teal leggings somewhat different stats than purple crafted, but 2 essence slots. Takes 3 dwarrowmarks/3 shards
    Jeweler: teal necklace. Fairly better stats, only one essence slot though. 2 dwarrowmarks /2 fragments/2 shards
    Scholar: teal pocket item. Barely better than purple with one slot. (like 500 more mainstat is all, not worth it IMHO) Also 2 marks/fragments/shards.

For shards, I actually had fair amount of luck in instance resource nodes. I think they might have upped the drop rate on them from nodes.

I didn't see any Teal Recipes on my Tailor. Also saw that those Relics are twice as expensive as the Gorgoroth ones at 100 Longbeards over 50 Silver Signets. Will they never stop?
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    I didn't see any Teal Recipes on my Tailor. Also saw that those Relics are twice as expensive as the Gorgoroth ones at 100 Longbeards over 50 Silver Signets. Will they never stop?
    You won't see any Teal recipes as there are none. Only Cyan. you can barter for them on the crafting barterer in Skarhald.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    with the same update that brought us the relics, they raised the amount of longbeard marks as questrewards. you can now get roughly 100 marks on a single day. That way, I dont think 100 marks per relic is expensive.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Running the resource dailies, those marks accumulate real fast. For me it is more an issue of hitting the cap. Same with embers - I been picking up armor/jewellery boxes and tossing them to bank to avoid embers cap...