We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Player (Legendary Server)

So this is a question regarding legendary items and crafting... I am a BEORNING on the new legendary server and I was told briefly that crafting is required to make character bound sockets (relics?) for legendary items......

Im confused on the socket part...Does each tradeskill make its own relic with different stats or do they all have access to all the relics you just need a craft in general

On my beorning, I am a yeoman... Is that gonna get me the sockets I need later? Im guessing crit rating... Dont want to waste of ton of time/effort to have to change later.
    Raserei Amok, Champion of Riddermark

There are many ways to get relics for legendary weapons. for the top tier crafted relics, every craft can make all of them. Those are bound. For the tier below, they are craft specific, but unbound so you can trade them.

That said, Legendary items come out with the Moria expansion. And are not currently available in the legendary servers. So it's not something to worry about for a few months at the least.

Ok, so for the best relics, the tradeskill you choose doesn't matter...

Now for BEORNING red bear DPS.... What tradeskill would you recommend? Someone told me to go yeoman.... Seems ok... Crafting food for buffs and stuff.....
    Raserei Amok, Champion of Riddermark

Quote Originally Posted by RasereiAmok View Post
    Now for BEORNING red bear DPS.... What tradeskill would you recommend? Someone told me to go yeoman.... Seems ok... Crafting food for buffs and stuff.....
    Tinker (makes jewelry and hope tokens), Yeoman (makes food) or Scholar (makes scrolls) are useful for everyone, so nothing wrong with your choice. Explorer is another popular choice for any main character, especially if that class is wearing light or medium armour.

At the same time I really like my Beorning to be a Woodsman, since he can make his own weapons and carvings (especially the legendary ones).
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtari - Rune Keeper / Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Merlotta - CHP 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Best crafted relics require:
    1. Full Mastery of appropriate tier (gold anvil)
    2. Guild standing at that tier
    3. Special ingredient (Compendium of Middle Earth, tier specific volume - either bartered or as award for certain instances)
    You buy relic recipe from Legendary recipes guild vendor.
    You craft a profession specific item (i.e. Feast of Harvestmath)
    You barter that item to a craft guild leader for a sealed relic of your choice.
    You deconstruct the sealed relic at a relic master.
    Then you have the relic available for slotting in legendary items panel.