We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hitching even on SSD

I have a pretty nice decent SSD, and I have LOTRO installed on the SSD. But even with this, the game will sometimes freeze for a few seconds before continuing on. I know that is commonly known as stuttering, but this really shouldn't be happening on an SSD should it? I've been looking around on the forums for a solution for this. Anyone able to help?

Jared
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001189c1/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by JaredBuck View Post
    I have a pretty nice decent SSD, and I have LOTRO installed on the SSD. But even with this, the game will sometimes freeze for a few seconds before continuing on. I know that is commonly known as stuttering, but this really shouldn't be happening on an SSD should it? I've been looking around on the forums for a solution for this. Anyone able to help?

Jared
    SSD only helps with stutters caused by landscape loading; it doesn't stop server induce stutters, where the server loses track of where you are, bad connections not updating where you are, your cpu having a rest because the game is pushing the single core too hard, etc.

There are also issues, especially with Win10, causing bus refreshes that cause regular game freezes. USB devices and drivers, plus Win10 forced audio driver updates can cause this; but some people report issues even after replacing usb device and audio drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredBuck View Post

Jared
    "A few seconds" doesn't sound like "hitching" or "stuttering". . . that sounds like network-based "lag" (another loaded term). . .

When it "freezes", are you still able to rotate the camera and does sound continue? Or is it a full-on freeze? Does the music restart (have music turned on).

--H