We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LorRO Points - US Sales Tax

I've never seen sales tax applied to points purchase. When did they make this change? Confused a bit on how it's even possible. Can someone enlighten me?
    I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ned cae. A han noston ned gwilith.
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West."

I got wrong taxes applied in the Market one time, wrote a ticket and got a refund on them pretty soon. No kidding.

Since the website was already displayed in German I forgot to click on the correct flag button to ensure the shop takes the correct prices and taxes into account.

A friend bought a small amount of points in this BF sale in the store but I haven't heard of any strange taxes. But he also paid in EUR so perhaps that did prevent it.
    Last edited by Derquin; Nov 24 2018 at 08:04 AM.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by Palenen View Post
    I've never seen sales tax applied to points purchase. When did they make this change? Confused a bit on how it's even possible. Can someone enlighten me?
    If you are in the US, many states now have sales tax added to online purchases. I think the changes were allowed earlier this year and many people will just start to see it this holiday season. I even got an email from the Humble Monthly telling me it started to charge sales tax as of a month or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    If you are in the US, many states now have sales tax added to online purchases. I think the changes were allowed earlier this year and many people will just start to see it this holiday season. I even got an email from the Humble Monthly telling me it started to charge sales tax as of a month or two ago.
    A new law went into effect this year on applying taxes to online purchases.

The complaint that started it all was that states were losing out on tax money by people using the internet instead of shopping in stores.

Ah that explains it. Thanks everyone.
    I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ned cae. A han noston ned gwilith.
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West."