We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The Shire. Honestly... New Hampshire.
    Posts
    18

    Exclamation Vol. I, Book IV, Chapter 5: Hiding in the Dark a little help please.

    I can't seem to "complete" this quest. I'm not having issues with the Elf Stone or being inspired. (Soloing) I get to the deepest cavern, kill the ancient troll, even hang out a bit because once in one cave i got a message saying something along the lines of "You have stayed long enough in the deepest part of XXXX cave." So I just do that in case it's the problem though I don't always get this message no matter how long I stay and kill the re-spawning ancient. Yet I never get an indication that anything is completed. I've done all 3 caves like this and no check mark for any of them. None come off this list or the map. I'm clearly missing something here I think. Basically, I've gotten a ton of Manthoms, level appropriate gear, and completed my troll slayer ages ago but it's becoming a grinding madness and time sink at this point. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordrone View Post
    I can't seem to "complete" this quest. I'm not having issues with the Elf Stone or being inspired. (Soloing) I get to the deepest cavern, kill the ancient troll, even hang out a bit because once in one cave i got a message saying something along the lines of "You have stayed long enough in the deepest part of XXXX cave." So I just do that in case it's the problem though I don't always get this message no matter how long I stay and kill the re-spawning ancient. Yet I never get an indication that anything is completed. I've done all 3 caves like this and no check mark for any of them. None come off this list or the map. I'm clearly missing something here I think. Basically, I've gotten a ton of Manthoms, level appropriate gear, and completed my troll slayer ages ago but it's becoming a grinding madness and time sink at this point. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

    You should have TWO stones one for inspiration, and the one you held up at the Fords. When you get to the target area in each cave, you need to use that stone, staying in place for a few seconds until the timer has finished and it tells you it has done/found nothing.

    As an aside, WHY is the quoted text suddenly appearing as pale yellow??!!!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    As an aside, WHY is the quoted text suddenly appearing as pale yellow??!!!
    Because that is the color he used.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    Because that is the color he used.
    Hmm, didnt notice that; except - if you use white on black, it doesnt give you white on white for the quote.

    The forum text colour settings are screwed - and have been for years - just look at the error messages you cannot read if you try and post too often.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The Shire. Honestly... New Hampshire.
    Posts
    18
    Yarbro - Thank you sooooo much sir! I do have two stone. For some reason I thought the second stone was for a different quest chain and didn't even look at it in my pack. *sigh* My brain is made of stones it seems. This White Mountain dwarf really does have granite in his brain. LOL! Many many thanks!

    PS. Yes, i almost always use light yellow as my text color. SRY, my bad!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordrone View Post
    Yarbro - Thank you sooooo much sir! I do have two stone. For some reason I thought the second stone was for a different quest chain and didn't even look at it in my pack. *sigh* My brain is made of stones it seems. This White Mountain dwarf really does have granite in his brain. LOL! Many many thanks!

    PS. Yes, i almost always use light yellow as my text color. SRY, my bad!

    Your choice of text colour isnt the real problem, the duff forum software set up is the problem.

    Back in the chatroom days, we used to compete to see who could come up with the most vile-but readable font/background colours.

    I think Purple on Orange was the winner.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    526
    Do NOT use light yellow. FYI, a fair amount of folks read forums on their phones. Full site forums are very phone unfriendly. And mobile forum skin is WHITE. Means your post is only readable on a phone if I select all text.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The Shire. Honestly... New Hampshire.
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Do NOT use light yellow. FYI, a fair amount of folks read forums on their phones. Full site forums are very phone unfriendly. And mobile forum skin is WHITE. Means your post is only readable on a phone if I select all text.
    Good to know. Thanks!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordrone View Post
    Good to know. Thanks!
    As I said, its not your fault, the forum should have a table of background colours it switches to to match font colour - except that table appears to be empty.

    The forum software has only been updated ONCE since the game came out - and that was ~2 years ago when I pointed it out. Even so, it is still a whole generational release behind the current supported version.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload