We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Monster Play

Quote Originally Posted by GIRob1999 View Post
    As I told you In-Game, posting that they should not bring MP into the server is nothing short of harassment towards all who enjoy PvP when it comes to LOTRO. Yet, here you are posting on the thread anyways. If the PvMP was anything to do with Open World PvP, your comment could be allowed in this thread without being flagged. However, that is not the case. You were properly warned that this would happen before, so please delete the comment in the next 12 hours, or it will be reported. I really do not enjoy disrespectful bull on the internet, thinking it will not result in any sort of punishment. It's so childish and it needs to be changed.
    Everyone is free to voice their opinion, but he didn't voice an opinion at all. There is no way anyone can rightfully say they are against Monster Play being added as it does NOTHING NEGATIVE to the Non-PvP experience. Which is why that is confirmed to be flaming, trolling, harassment or whatever word you want to describe it. THAT IS against the rules of the forums and basically the rules of being a decent human being in life.
    Someones had too much coffee and having far too much video game time.

You sir / madam are why Pvmp has such a short shrift in this game. Learn to address your audience and flipping out because someone has a differing opinion is churlish.

I used to love Pvmp but it has been screwed into the ground by Turbine from 2012 onwards and is only any good for EZ mode players and those who want to easily cheat their ranks for some kind of bravado that doesn't even exist. Whenever I look at anyone with the top couple of ranks - I instantly think "I bet they were clubbers"....

So, not wanting to incite your wrath and increase your reporting, I will add that PvMp has no place on the Legendary servers unless they can guarantee a good final product which will be actively policed and has little impact on the rest of the games development.
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    I'm going to enter into a circular discussion here but where I make it different is it stops at full circle.

PvMP could be on the new servers. Nothing mentioned in opposition previous holds water due to one factor. The Moors is a leveled scaled environment. Assuming all of Vastin's work in core stats and its scaling effect are functional, ends any discussion on the viable option to have PvMP on LS. Any Moors landscape loot is useless outide of the Moors, save one feature. It can be sold to a vendor for gold. Why? because it would be lvl 120. Audacity was mentioned. Since it can only be gained by a Freep using pvp gear it only requires the gear be included in scaling. Full stop.

I've read many discussions where players are on both sides of the fence concerning the new servers verses the old one. One player will say, you could do this on any old server. This is regards to a person choosing a new LS verses staying on an old one. The player choosing to venture to a new server will say, but its not the same and have it be truth. For this reason. All the players are at or near the same levels and contained within a smaller portion of the original map being SoA. More players seemingly creating a more vibrant experience. Well guess what? Ettenmoors is part of SoA. Ettenmoors is a small portion of the original map. All the players would be the same level. Ettenmoors with more players creates a more vibrant experience. So, we can see, it is possible with minimal dev time.

I do accept this, the decision has already been made and not wholly based on viability. More based on predetermined goals, regardless of logic or potential revenue. It is possible, but it wont happen.
    As I said before, the majority of my argument centers on the issues surrounding the levels so you could be right. I fear you are not, however, because while freeps are scaled, yes, the creeps and everything else in the Ettenmoors is actually level 120. If it is indeed coded as you believe, then the Ettenmoors may be viable. I do not believe that it is, and neither of us can know without a dev making a comment here.

While I agree that a healthy population in the Ettenmoors isn't a bad thing, I think that that population can be experienced in other realms much more readily if everyone were to choose Arkenstone or Brandywine and just go there for any and all PVMP itches. There are many who are from servers with populations that still play (friends who still PVMP have confirmed that Landroval does have a few hours a week where planned events from active kins create population in the ettens), and the thing I'm hearing from them is that the servers on SSGs side simply can't handle large populations anyway so the point, overall, is moot.

The problems are simply too large to address by changing the levels. The hardware is weak, the systems are flawed, and even if there was a complete reversion to level 50, the idea of balance between the sides is simply too hard for SSG to maintain. Nobody involved here on the forums can know what the code looks like so there's very little we can do except ask for change and stare into the dark void of nothingness for a response.
    Adarin Ouest of House of Play
    Thradin Stoneshield of Baruk Khazad

Quote Originally Posted by AdarinOuest View Post
    As I said before, the majority of my argument centers on the issues surrounding the levels so you could be right. I fear you are not, however, because while freeps are scaled, yes, the creeps and everything else in the Ettenmoors is actually level 120. If it is indeed coded as you believe, then the Ettenmoors may be viable. I do not believe that it is, and neither of us can know without a dev making a comment here.

While I agree that a healthy population in the Ettenmoors isn't a bad thing, I think that that population can be experienced in other realms much more readily if everyone were to choose Arkenstone or Brandywine and just go there for any and all PVMP itches. There are many who are from servers with populations that still play (friends who still PVMP have confirmed that Landroval does have a few hours a week where planned events from active kins create population in the ettens), and the thing I'm hearing from them is that the servers on SSGs side simply can't handle large populations anyway so the point, overall, is moot.

The problems are simply too large to address by changing the levels. The hardware is weak, the systems are flawed, and even if there was a complete reversion to level 50, the idea of balance between the sides is simply too hard for SSG to maintain. Nobody involved here on the forums can know what the code looks like so there's very little we can do except ask for change and stare into the dark void of nothingness for a response.
    I'm not paying for another transfer to a supposed pvp server to be underwhelmed by the transient nature of those who temporarily reside there. LS offer a clean slate for Creeps in rank which was also btw a big flaunted reason (Everyone together at the same level a same time) why they would be a success. Though it might really take the intro of pvp for this to be actually true.

On Landy PvMP: A few hours twice a week. Sometimes. Friends? Perhaps. Planned? Absolutely. Boring arranged pvp. 100%.

The Legendary servers won't endure the exponential queries which the old original servers do. For now anyway. Lag was far less before Legendary weapons and their manifold buffs and the later intro of Audacity.

For many, these new servers were an escape. An escape from the current endgame insanity. Instead of requesting change in various ways, many capitulated to a lesser choice. To me its just like trying to avoid one death to be confronted with another. This is also true for PvMP and the notion it could be fixed, better, or sustaining. With this said, I stand on the shore and see a ship on the horizon. Hearing the call from the west.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

Thumbs up PvMP plz

my vote is to have lotro figure out how to make PvMP come to the legendary servers, having everyone start over on a new creep/freep would make it a lot of fun. I know a handful of people who really want this feature and a handful of others (myself) who don't really want to level up my freep until I get confirmation that lotro plans to implement PvMP on the legendary servers.
    Aermaethor-Rank 9 LM, Member of "Spirits of the Forgotten" Daruk- Rank 10 WL, Growlithe r10 Warg, Muggsy r9 Burg
    Fight the good fight... 1 Tim. 6:12

The Player vs Monster play is indeed currently disabled and must be disabled/inaccessible eternally for I truly hope It Will be. One of the unique aspects of the legendary server is a complete absence of the Monster Play which is in my sincere opinion is not necessarily wrong nor bad restriction , Not at all. We have to understand the current state of Ettemoors {PVMP Region}. Horrific , a modest word to put it. The Great and Terrible PvMP must not spread away to Legendary servers and should remain firmly within regular servers exclusively.Why is such the case? Why would I personally want PvMP eliminated entirely? Well , let me put more light Randir ~

First and Foremost before I break the subjects into details Allow me please to state the following: Monster play is not bad, it's comically bad and has reached the uttermost of the maximum possbile in the terms of the following:

~ Performance ~ Skill Lock/Skill Delay,Screen Freeze/Abysmal FPS drop in Large/Huge battles/Connection issues more prevalent within Ettenmoors/Near constant stuttering.

~ Balance/Never existed nor it shall, but the core issue of Monster play was almost always in favour of the Free peoples of Middle-Earth and what did happened now? Update 23 Was a last Hammer-Down for Ettenmoors. Facts are crystal clear. I once told players and they laughed as usual you will have the upper hand, things will change for point A or Point B. We have to put into account the amount of time required to participate and even survive

~ Grind/Time required to properly equip your Character. See above. It is Demoralising,Draining,Montonic and unbearable for majority of players,especially individuals who were active before the Ered Mithin update. Removal of Steel keys, Changes in Mastery {-200%} Loss. Inability to run around anymore with build and stats they used to favour,not after incredible effort which was put Pre-Update 23 and it is essential now unless you want become warg meal or be smashed,stabbed or power drained in seconds.

Arkenstone has lost 85%-90% of its former population due to obvious changes which were not acceptable for ex-Freep players.Keep in mind even these players who were superbly equipped will have much harder time to adapt/obtain certain armour,Jewels,Weapons and so on. Do you want the truth? I will give to you as always, they are simply refusing to go.

I've been several times on my stalker to witness the standard Glain Vrag Camp. I collapsed of Boredom. Let us observe from entirely another perspective?

You are now a monster player, your "dream" came true. Great and terrible,immensely powerful ,but where is the action and the quality of action and the frequency of such "battles"

My predictions were right, Roam the map for hours , satisfy with Norbogs,Female Elf NPC's or organise Picnic party at Good LC and let us do "spars for fun" Once a WL told me, I care not if one side is Overpowered, well my Dear Uruk, if you wish to call a Kindergarten chase of few players from Trees-GV or dull-witted hours long pew pew camp with around 5-7 players on the opposing side, I believe such action will satisfy your lust for blood.

~ Creativity level, Almost nothing has changed. No new Classes/ The Catastrophic Osgilaith map/ I wrote a massive thread which will sadly only stay a fairy tale and a vision. Such unused potential can hurt for an old veteran of you think about it.

~ The STORE option add-on for PVMP which allowed players to furthermore boost/enhance their favoured class and cause naturally further imbalance.

Pointless to speak about flaws and reasons of why PvMP only sunk down to oblivion by each passing year. I already did last year.

Having PvMP enabled on Legendary servers will mean extra energy and time and focus on entirely optional side of Lord of the Rings Online which is a impossibly annoying for certain developers especially to "make PVP community" which is ultimately task impossible and deal with nearly constant OOC Drama,abuse,Cheating of all sorts.

Let me simplify a tiny bit: It will de-value/plague the Legendary servers, Monster play OOC is by far the most toxic, not to mention the fact of a huge task and eventual server stability /maintenance/ I wont even comment "balance" into more detailed manner,Actually I cannot. How do you plan to balance let us say 60 Creeps or level 65 Freeps/Creeps. The game you knew once is long gone, faded,diminished. It would mean total revamp and re-scaling of freep values,extra jobs on creeps,hundreds of new negative whining threads which means/Overhaul even and then restricting Monsters to 60,their HP/damage/Skills. Impossible for the team. They lack man-power or money or simply cannot focus on every side.

Trust me Mellyn, in the end, it would be more or less the same ballad. I could go for hours and hours repeating myself on a constant basis and you should be grateful there is no Monster play on Ithil&Anor. It will only bring further chaos and distract you eventually from your PVE goals,plus I am assured it will not make you a happy, joyful person.

PVMP has so many issues ,most of them are irreversible and your definition of fun will reach a rather unique level regardless of the side of you pick up. Inconceivable changes since Vanilla, you will not comprehend unless you've played back in the Elder days of Arda, plus so many players believe it is indeed simple to add Monster play option and end with their common lazy,absurd response ,lacking constructive criticism and they will/ cannot accept anything SSG gives them. "Its fun!" I I want it. Sucks no PVMP, SSG wont pay for VIP ~ Incredible limited and narrow point of view with one sole focus ignoring and unwilling to accept anything else.Shunning away hundreds of positive aspects, same goes for players. They will remember your bad deeds for decades ,forgetting thousands of kind ones ~ Insectoid,Pesky Shrew attitude. If you wish to complain do it properly and invest time such as id did,95% of my statement is a bitter truth, so tough to accept for many. An undying negativity and demands. Certainly I did criticise ,but I have praised the game countless of times as well. The Perfect Virtual /Secondary world does not exist and everyone should be able to provide their own insight,.

Monster play is disabled. I shan't write ./signed, because I know well the uselessness of Voting.

Monster play Option must not happen.

Impermissible. As A High Queen of the Noldor I do not have a final world. Its up for Valar and SSG to decide.

Vanya Sulie
    Last edited by Vanyaerunanethiel; Jan 06 2019 at 04:37 AM.

(I know for me, if I dont get it, and within the next week or so, it's really going to be hard for me to continue paying for VIP. Truly I want a no level increase and no expansions added to these servers and stay the way they are right now.)
    I'm a Lifer and I'm still not finding much reason to stay until Moria if there's no PvP at all. It shouldn't be too hard for them to limit the level cap in Ettens, considering they managed to limit the level cap everywhere else for these servers only. There's plenty of unique code for the Limited Servers, a cap in the Moors would be pretty simple.

However, I think the more likely reason it's not been introduced is because it would be extremely impractical for them to scale it properly. L50s now don't have stat caps like the old L50s did, so they're massively overpowered. Creeps now compared to Creeps back then are also very different in their build. I'd take a guess that if you were to put those together, the result would be even more unbalanced than it is on live, to the point where it likely isn't worth allowing it for them. Maybe they'll take another look at it when they start to see logins dropping off for lack of things to do.
    Doro from the other-side.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    I'm a Lifer and I'm still not finding much reason to stay until Moria if there's no PvP at all. It shouldn't be too hard for them to limit the level cap in Ettens, considering they managed to limit the level cap everywhere else for these servers only. There's plenty of unique code for the Limited Servers, a cap in the Moors would be pretty simple.
    It's not quite the same as a level CAP, it is the level SCALING. On live servers, if you are level 23 and you enter the Ettenmoors.... you will be scaled up to level 120. On a Legendary server, you will need to be scaled up to level 50, unless you are fine with level 120 scaling staying in the code "as is". This is one of the difficulties that need to be overcome.

Although I don't have insight into the code, I have a feeling it has ONE entry for PvMP that is programmed to the current level cap, which is 120. As the Legendary Servers and the Regular Servers need to run on the same code, they will have to make it possible to distinguish this level scaling per server, and I have a feeling this is what is the obstacle that hasn't been overcome. Instead of just one setting in the current code that determines the scaling level, they have to deal with two. They probably had to build something into the code for the level CAP as well, but just setting a cap isn't at all the same as the scaling issue. The issue also exists on the other side where creeps regardless are being configured to be the "current cap level", and that might also be a problem to properly configure having a level 50 creep and a level 120 creep in the same server code.

Besides that, there are some other minor issues to overcome..... not that anyone would ever go to the Ettenmoors just to mine some ore, and I am still not sure why they are there..... they are there nonetheless, and the zone in the current code is filled with tier 12 ore nodes, which needs to be brought down to tier 5. In any case, I don't think it is as simple as "setting the cap" for Ettenmoors to 50.

There are just some technical issues to overcome. If the lack of PvP is a dealbreaker, well..... the regular servers still have it. Whether the Ettenmoors is currently active, I couldn't tell you though.....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Firstly, I'd like to apologize if I didn't see a post about this or an article about there, there are countless articles and posts on forums and after 5 mins of reviewing what comes up for search results I move to make initiate one.

As these Legendary Servers are all about progression, I have to wonder why Monster Play has not been unlocked yet. I personally loved Monster Play when the game first came out before all of the level cap increases and new zones came about. I'd love to get to enjoy some time with this now before the level cap increases in a few months. If it is going to be unlocked, it should be unlocked now as there are plenty of level 50s already now and if Monster Play characters are not given the change to strengthen themselves, it's just going to be a FREEP steam roll and no one will want to play Monsters due to the imbalance issues.

Are we going to see Monster Play?

If so, when can we expect to see it?

(I know for me, if I dont get it, and within the next week or so, it's really going to be hard for me to continue paying for VIP. Truly I want a no level increase and no expansions added to these servers and stay the way they are right now.)
    I dislike legendary servers. Let me ask: what do you expect will happen to regular server pvmp if all pvmp lifetimers leave to legendary server? Two half servers? Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Post confirm or deny plz devs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v79awghynaQ

??? so is this happening or not, ppl want to know
    Aermaethor-Rank 9 LM, Member of "Spirits of the Forgotten" Daruk- Rank 10 WL, Growlithe r10 Warg, Muggsy r9 Burg
    Fight the good fight... 1 Tim. 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor_Joel View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v79awghynaQ

??? so is this happening or not, ppl want to know
    Source, a friend of a friend of ... you know

IF, then i'd guess they'll have to wait until the new Client anyway. Otherwise the Moors will explode on the first day, lol. I think, despite of the many many nay-sayers **** PvMP in World-Chat, dozens of people would at least try out.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    'Swapping a few lines of code' in this case would swap them on the regular servers as well, so making a replacement skill that's granted on the Legendary servers rather than the original (but only until Lothlorien is available) would be much more involved. Once Lothlorien is available it won't be an issue anymore.

MoL
    This is from the Caras Galahadron travel thread in this forum, but I think this is pretty much a nail in the coffin of this argument UNLESS they are okay putting a full level 120 zone into the game with that level of gear dropping and being accessed AS WELL AS creating a drama fest of creeps annihilating level-scaled level 50 freeps (who wouldn't come out probably after the first tail whipping they took).
    Adarin Ouest of House of Play
    Thradin Stoneshield of Baruk Khazad

Quote Originally Posted by SirDan View Post
    One could argue that MP would hurt the game's non-PvP experience by:

1. Taking away devs time from balance/PvE issues.
    2. Pulling part of the player population away from PvE activities.

1. What PVE balance? At level 15 I have 2300 morale burg. My champ at lvl 50 with just rift gear and one green essence piece can solo most 3 man instances for level 50. You think making stuff T2 and T3 took some special work from the devs? Every class in every build is absurdly OP and you can solo the entire game to level 50 in a few weeks without boosters. The idea so much effort needs to go into a game that has existed for over 10 years and has little changes at low levels is a myth.
    2. So, your solution to people choosing to PVP and not PVE is to not allow PVP for anyone thus forcing people to only PVP only.

I am not trying to argue with people who do not like PVP or force anyone to PVP if they do not want to. I am arguing with the people who have the standpoint of: You can't have PVP cause it will disrupt all the attention the devs give mah PVE. I could care less about festivals, cosmetic items, or horse and pet collections. Both dev companies have not ever given PVP the attention it deserves but, that is not the communities fault and I do want others to be withheld features because I want a feature. The solution is hold accountable the people delivering the service, not the people paying for it. How this concept is missed shows a surprising lack of demand for services rendered. We the consumer have the right to ask for something we had 10 years ago!

Myths Busted

Quote Originally Posted by SirDan View Post
    One could argue that MP would hurt the game's non-PvP experience by:

1. Taking away devs time from balance/PvE issues.
    2. Pulling part of the player population away from PvE activities.

1. What PVE balance? At level 15 I have 2300 morale burg. My champ at lvl 50 with just rift gear and one green essence piece can solo most 3 man instances for level 50. You think making stuff T2 and T3 took some special work from the devs? Every class in every build is absurdly OP and you can solo the entire game to level 50 in a few weeks without boosters. The idea so much effort needs to go into a game that has existed for over 10 years and has little changes at low levels is a myth.
    2. So, your solution to people choosing to PVP and not PVE is to not allow PVP for anyone thus forcing people to only PVE only.

I am not trying to argue with people who do not like PVP or force anyone to PVP if they do not want to. I am arguing with the people who have the standpoint of: You can't have PVP cause it will disrupt all the attention the devs give mah PVE. I could care less about festivals, cosmetic items, or horse and pet collections. Both dev companies have not ever given PVP the attention it deserves but, that is not the communities fault and I do want others to be withheld features because I want a feature. The solution is hold accountable the people delivering the service, not the people paying for it. How this concept is missed shows a surprising lack of demand for services rendered. We the consumer have the right to ask for something we had 10 years ago!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2